Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

tumblr_p06mojj4l01vfmsbyo1_540.gif

tumblr_p06mojj4l01vfmsbyo2_540.gif

tumblr_p06mojj4l01vfmsbyo4_540.gif

Thanos walked in that bitch like "Da fucc yall got going here"

That shyt is gonna decimate the box office numbers

Watchin (kinda, it's playing in the background) for the first time as an adult Independence Day, lol they aint have to make Will's wife a stripper

Bout to watch Man On The Moon and then watch the documentary. I'm hearing good things about it.

Chi-raq - Spike Lee's musical on the gun violence in Chicago... with an impressive cast too (John Cusack, Jen Hudson, Angela Bassett, Sam Jackson, Wesley Snipes, Dave Chapelle) alongside Nick Cannon as the title character. Decent but would have worked better without the musical element. Almost seemed like a play; not surprising it's an adaptation of an ancient Greek play...

Moonlight - my first time seeing this. I wasn't particularly captivated by it. It's in three parts and I liked the one where he was a boy better. This film won the Academy Award for Best Picture last year and personally I think it was just Hollywood propaganda considering the subject matter. It's a good film, not a great one

Rodney King - on Netflix and a Spike Lee Joint ... one man stage performance by actor and long time collaborator with Spike, Roger Guenveur Smith.

It was spoken word poetry often evoking the style of the late Gil Scott Heron and describing King in almost biographical form to the time he was beaten by White cops. Other racially charged murders around this period in time were highlighted too. Brilliant, gripping and emotional.

Spielberg
- HBO documentary on the acclaimed film director. Dozens of people he's worked with to his family members were interviewed.

He was in a clique of upcoming directors: Coppola, De Palma (fun fact - he was on set as assistant director on Scarface, uncredited) Scorsese, Lucas in the 70s...

He says the very first movie that got him into wanting to make them was Lawrence Of Arabia.

Recommended if you're a fan of his work

The BFG - Spielberg's adaptation of Roald Dahl's children's book. All I'll say is no one in Hollywood does CGI and motion capture better than the man. It's too clean

Them suits at Warner Bros. better hire him as an executive for their DC franchise as regards computer generated effects

I've been a couch pot head this festive break and just been bingeing on movies. I've seen in the last 48 Hours

Song To Song - directed by Terrence Malick and shot by legendary cinematographer Emanuel Lubezki. Malick doesn't do conventional cinema, he's so abstract and every top actor will take a huge paycut to work with him, it's funny. Gosling, Fassbender, Blanchett, Portman, Kilmer etc all feature

Maladjustment - sex comedy. Three guys. Three chicks. One crib on a beach town. Battle of sexes and other shit ensue. Was funny in some parts

Babel - by acclaimed Mexican filmmaker Innaritu (Birdman, The Revenant) about a interconnecting stories related by a single gunshot. Dope.

Sliver - 90s erotic thriller starring Sharon Stone

Disclosure - 90s erotic thriller directed by Barry Levinson. Stars Michael Douglas and Demi Moore

I'm Still Here - documentary about, Joaquin Phoenix trolling that he quit acting and wanna be a rapper.... a decade ago

The part where Diddy is sonning him and probably subliminally brands him a vulture was hilarious

Yup 7 Psychopaths is dope af...

"Freeway: A Crack In The System" a doc on Netflix about Freeway Rick Ross...

My bad @KbMz

It is like a Tarantino movie but it gets better as it goes on

Basically a drunk screen writer trying to write a movie about 7 psychopaths and ends up getting into with some real crazy killas

Back