Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

3863007_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

TRADING PLACES

Seen it for the first time a few weeks ago.. Shit talkin Eddie is always goat

rogue-one-novelization.jpg

ROGUE ONE

Didn't know this was anthology aka just another perspective in the battle apart from the STARWARS series til i just wiki'd it.. thats pretty cool of them to do without watering down the OG shit i can appreciate it

DOS2HAzXcAAkqpL.jpg

BRIGHT

Cool film i enjoyed it wish they would have shown how the universe cameto be with..Orcs/Elfs and magic and all that..There were was social commentary through out

If yall got Hulu with the HBO add on (or HBO Now/GO) they added all 8 of the Harry Potter movies on there. Been watching those all week. Ive read all the books, but never saw passed the first movie. Just finished Azkaban yesterday, gonna start Goblet of Fire tonight which was one of my faves in the series.

I maybe remember 4 of them lol. Never got into to that film series. Wasnt for me.

Forgive the long list. Just been a couch pothead with the movies. Had two weeks off work

Free Fire - crime caper comedy produced by Martin Scorsese about a weapons deal gone bust in an abandoned warehouse in Boston circa 1970s. In a way an ode to Reservoir Dogs

Legend - Tom Hardy playing both Kray twins.. nailed it

The Wall - Iraqi war sniper battle . If you've seen Phone Booth you get the premise

Avengers: Age of Ultron - Now I'm a DC head but this came on TV so I dug in: first time seeing it too. I now understand why people rate Marvel movies higher than DC ones... good fluidity and visuals

Fargo - Coen Bros. crime thriller. Still chillingly funny and violent. Steve Buscemi a legend

The Revenant - saw this last night into the morning. Yeah DiCaprio suffered for that Oscar. He didn't act... them Mexican filmmakers killing US directors with technical greatness

Videodrome - directed by David Cronenberg... master of extremism and the perverse in cinema

V For Vendetta - DC Comic adaptation of the masked British crusader. Nice performance by Natalie Portman

On Netflix I've seen:

Freeway: Crack In The System - documentary on the life and times of Freeway Rick Ross... very very insightful. Each and every time the United States government always comes out as the villain in these docs

'The War On Drugs' by Reagan was him basically filling up the streets especially in Black neighbourhoods across America with crack.

Jerry Before Seinfeld - stand up by the man in NYC's Comic Strip where it all started for him

Was funny. Dude can be actually be funny without using obscenities

Just saw 3 Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri. It was very well done. Darkly humorous in many spots. Very Coen-esque

Checked out blade runner 2049. Cool flick. Ending was a little ambiguous for my liking and it was a bit long but visually stunning enough to keep you engaged straight thru.

I wanted to go see Molly's Game last week but it wasn't playing at neither theaters I go to. Tried to catch it on Kodi but it wasn't on there yet for streaming.

man i should've listened to @Cain,

Jigsaw was wack. It was entertaining enough to the point where you wanted to figure out if Jigsaw was alive. I kinda had my suspicions what was gonna happen, but i hate doing that while watching movies.

The reveal was decent, kinda predictable, but decent, but the acting was just so bad. The traps were good as ever though and more gore so...ehh

Back