Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Men's Health Thread... Absolutely NO TROLLING

It’s wild how that pandemic did what it did. I’m typically 165 but I’m 198, or was..didn’t look it but I felt it and man how crazy 30lbs is when added to your body. I’ve been focusing on eating better and while I keep failing to maintain a 5-6 day workout week..I’m doing maybe 2-3 days..I just keep getting back to it. I’m annoyed w myself for being weak in that but I’m doing much better in many other areas I’ve been working on.

maaan them extra lbs added all sorts of issues for me. What i found for myself when I gained some weight during covid was acid reflux and indigestion when I layed down to go to sleep. waking up burping n shit. Once I dropped them pounds that shit went away with it amongst other things.

Over the last couple years I've made a conscious effort to avoid engaging in what I call recreational sadness. By that I mean constantly reading or taking in stories about how fucked up the world is. I'm not remaining ignorant to things but I definitely choose how and how often I take in certain topics in a serious manner. And as someone who loves doing real deep dive research on random topics I come across I noticed certain topics I haven't seen in a while has had a positive effect on my day to day mood.

Know what I do now? I don’t have notifications for news anymore on my phone. It seemed like every time USA Today would notify me of a news story, it was always negative. All the damn time. I recently turned off notifications from sports app because it would be the dumbest notifications

Good shit. I gotta do better about that myself. I tend to have the news on in the background as I work just to stay aware of whats going on but gotdamn that shit is depressing. I gotta take a break sometimes

It definitely can be. I love documentaries, long ass articles, etc and if it's a topic I'm already interested in it takes nothing to get me on a long run of looking at random articles and docs about every nuance I can find on it. I'm the type to have 10 damn articles open as windows on my phone or laptop on the same topic and will read them all. I forget who asked me this before but thats why i know so many random ass facts. Problem was that some of the topics that would catch my eye at times involved the worst of humanity. So I had to seriously fall back on ingesting those types of topics.

Know what I do now? I don’t have notifications for news anymore on my phone. It seemed like every time USA Today would notify me of a news story, it was always negative. All the damn time. I recently turned off notifications from sports app because it would be the dumbest notifications

Yeah I definitely had to turn down how much I watch the news. I mentioned it before in a thread about police shootings but, especially after what happened to my cousin in 2015, I will read the stories but I refuse to actually watch videos of people being killed by police. I just can't do it anymore.

maaan them extra lbs added all sorts of issues for me. What i found for myself when I gained some weight during covid was acid reflux and indigestion when I layed down to go to sleep. waking up burping n shit. Once I dropped them pounds that shit went away with it amongst other things.
Yoooo, the difference a few lbs can make is crazy. I will always support people getting in to the gym. I think that a lot of people don't realize how big a impact just getting slightly better in to shape can make on their quality of life.

Shortness of breath and just being out of shape overall..my work is quite laborious so I at least had that going for me activity wise, and I don’t eat during work, wastes my time..so had I not been working I’d probably would’ve had 50+ lbs added to myself.

But now I’m way more intentional about the majority of my food choices and activity schedule.

Shortness of breath and just being out of shape overall..my work is quite laborious so I at least had that going for me activity wise, and I don’t eat during work, wastes my time..so had I not been working I’d probably would’ve had 50+ lbs added to myself.

But now I’m way more intentional about the majority of my food choices and activity schedule.

I put on the vast majority of my weight after my wife passed. Not because I was eating more to compensate or anything, but because I was no longer active in taking care of her. Every single day having to lift and carry a whole human being repeatedly as well as taking care of the household seemed to have kept my weight somewhat stable and with that level of activity gone, it just crept up on me.

Over the last couple years I've made a conscious effort to avoid engaging in what I call recreational sadness. By that I mean constantly reading or taking in stories about how fucked up the world is. I'm not remaining ignorant to things but I definitely choose how and how often I take in certain topics in a serious manner. And as someone who loves doing real deep dive research on random topics I come across I noticed certain topics I haven't seen in a while has had a positive effect on my day to day mood.

I need to do the same, or at least try harder.

I used to be able to catch those Negative Thoughts quickly in the Past; stopping them, asking myself why I'm having those Thoughts or where they came from, then get rid of them, and that was that, but since the Pandemic, shit just got WORSE. I can't stop it. Whenever I do, they come right back on some, "well, anyways, back to what I was saying....." Shit's getting annoying and frustrating. Definitely hope I can get it under control.

It's obvious "the Blip" (the 2020 Lockdown) really did a number on everybody, from what I can tell, that is still being felt to this very Day.
Yeah I definitely had to turn down how much I watch the news. I mentioned it before in a thread about police shootings but, especially after what happened to my cousin in 2015, I will read the stories but I refuse to actually watch videos of people being killed by police. I just can't do it anymore.

I never watch those accompanying Videos. That's just traumatizing to watch. It can desensitize you badly.

I used to have an issue with actually reading books. I use audio books. It works better for me. Now honestly on my commutes instead of music I always have a pod or a book playing. During my walks I listen to a pod or a book.

Thing is I used to be a reader like heavy but I was into historical fiction and shit

So was able to get the adderall after like 8 months feels like when I first started it and lost like 20lbs. So far so good just feel jittery

Biking to and from work everyday is my exercise.

It sucks. I have a bad tendency to overdo training so I'm always getting injured. Fucked tendon in my wrist and toe so I can't lift or run 😑. I'd still be training like a sprinter if I could.

My weight gain is killing my knees. Especially when I'm bowling. Normally after I'm done bowling league, my knees will hurt a little bit, then go away. Now, the pain will stay for a couple of days. I have cut back on eating a lot for the most part. But since I have a sit down job, I have to get more active to cut down some of this weight.

My weight gain is killing my knees. Especially when I'm bowling. Normally after I'm done bowling league, my knees will hurt a little bit, then go away. Now, the pain will stay for a couple of days. I have cut back on eating a lot for the most part. But since I have a sit down job, I have to get more active to cut down some of this weight.
working in a office was killing my mental.

Back