Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Men's Health Thread... Absolutely NO TROLLING

@Rubato did you get hail this morning?

I opened up blinds in my living room and just set there and watched it.

It was relaxing till a big ass one hit the window and damn near broke my shit lol

I’m so guilty of this with studying, learning new things, etc. Gotta do a better job of prioritizing
I had quit my easy office job because couldn’t rock with the shit anymore. It’s was messing with my mental.

And shoutout to @Banginscrew901

Dude reached out to me in my PMs to give me some real life applicable advice unsolicited. You’re a real one bruh and love when we talk to each other and give real world advice on life and bettering ourselves

I had quit my easy office job because couldn’t rock with the shit anymore. It’s was messing with my mental.

And shoutout to @Banginscrew901

Dude reached out to me in my PMs to give me some real life applicable advice unsolicited. You’re a real one bruh and love when we talk to each other and give real world advice on life and bettering ourselves

I remember you asking me about what I do for a living and it looks like you changed careers. Hope it’s much better than your previous career

I remember you asking me about what I do for a living and it looks like you changed careers. Hope it’s much better than your previous career
to be honest I haven’t made a true career change yet but I am working (gotta pay the bills still lol) it’s more peaceful for me right now this way. Bills are still paid, kids are still getting taken care of and spending more take with my wife.

A full career change is happening but I’m not rushing it

Get in a good biblically sound church

Read the Word

Read more books

Choose to eat more healthier than not

Choose to be more active than not

Stop drinking and smoking

Stop hanging around toxic people

Stop hanging around those who don’t share the same future interests as you

Get better sleep

Worry less about trivial things

Get better friends who genuinely care about you and your mental health and stay away from those who contribute negatively to it

Listen to podcasts that seek to increase your mind or build you up

Lessen the consuming of junk media/news/entertainment

Check in on your good friends and family

Do things for others more often

Get sunlight; go for walks, explore new areas, go solitary fishing

Learn a new hobby

That’s all I got

Last edited:
Get in a good biblically sound church

Read the Word

Read more books

Choose to eat more healthier than not

Choose to be more active than not

Stop drinking and smoking

Stop hanging around toxic people

Stop hanging around those who don’t share the same future interests as you

Get better sleep

Worry less about trivial things

Get better friends who genuinely care about you and your mental health and stay away from those who contribute negatively to it

Listen to podcasts that seek to increase your mind or build you up

Lessen the consuming of junk media/news/entertainment

Check in on your good friends and family

Do things for others more often

Get sunlight; go for walks, explore new areas, go solitary fishing

Learn a new hobby

That’s all I got

The two bolded... It ain't that I'm necessarily eating bad, but I could do better.

Being more active, tho... I need to get on the ball with that. My weight is really out of fuckin control these days. Saw my pops about a month ago. Hadn't seen him in a year and the first thing out of his mouth after we hugged was "damn son, you're bigger than the last time I saw you... What are we gonna do abut this???". I need to drop my weight in half, no two ways about it. And dieting ain't gonna cut it; I gotta get active again.

might be simple but for me cleaning up the crib.. fuckin around in the garden and planting/growing things are kinda meditative to me. Helps clear my mind

Cleaning up the crib right now got me thinking about how washed I am 'cause I get tired easy as shit and end up with lower back pain.

video-266932.jpg

Cleaning up the crib right now got me thinking about how washed I am 'cause I get tired easy as shit and end up with lower back pain.

video-266932.jpg

lol cmon bruh how you getting back pain using the dust pan n shit 🤣

Since this is the health thread man take yo ass to the doctor to see how they can fix your back

Over the last couple years I've made a conscious effort to avoid engaging in what I call recreational sadness. By that I mean constantly reading or taking in stories about how fucked up the world is. I'm not remaining ignorant to things but I definitely choose how and how often I take in certain topics in a serious manner. And as someone who loves doing real deep dive research on random topics I come across I noticed certain topics I haven't seen in a while has had a positive effect on my day to day mood.

You think I'm playin??? It's this goddamned weight. I put on 50lbs in one year, a total of 70lbs during the pandemic. My body wasn't ready for that shit.

damn my bad bruh. Aint tryna make light of ya situation.

You taking any steps to drop the lbs? Switching up the diet or getting more active?

might be simple but for me cleaning up the crib.. fuckin around in the garden and planting/growing things are kinda meditative to me. Helps clear my mind

Me too. Legit cleaning calms my nerves down. Something as simple as that, mowing the lawn etc will perk my mood right up. I'll put on my headphones and just zone out to some good music and just keep going til I'm done.

You think I'm playin??? It's this goddamned weight. I put on 50lbs in one year, a total of 70lbs during the pandemic. My body wasn't ready for that shit.

It’s wild how that pandemic did what it did. I’m typically 165 but I’m 198, or was..didn’t look it but I felt it and man how crazy 30lbs is when added to your body. I’ve been focusing on eating better and while I keep failing to maintain a 5-6 day workout week..I’m doing maybe 2-3 days..I just keep getting back to it. I’m annoyed w myself for being weak in that but I’m doing much better in many other areas I’ve been working on.

Over the last couple years I've made a conscious effort to avoid engaging in what I call recreational sadness. By that I mean constantly reading or taking in stories about how fucked up the world is. I'm not remaining ignorant to things but I definitely choose how and how often I take in certain topics in a serious manner. And as someone who loves doing real deep dive research on random topics I come across I noticed certain topics I haven't seen in a while has had a positive effect on my day to day mood.

Good shit. I gotta do better about that myself. I tend to have the news on in the background as I work just to stay aware of whats going on but gotdamn that shit is depressing. I gotta take a break sometimes

Yea I need to stop too i remember way too many henious and sad stories worldwide. Then I wanna save the world and shit.

Back