Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Men's Health Thread... Absolutely NO TROLLING

I think we need to check in each other more.

Can anyone really talk about the family acting up?
The s/o moving funny?
Daughter dating a dude ya don’t like?
Son wherein pink glittery shoes out the blue.

Mist of the things guys deal with we can’t talk about without being labeled weak or it being used against us at a bad time?

We are never or hardly able to be vulnerable.
We always have to be 100% on top of things and ready to kill for everyone without given an ounce of the same.

Think about Father’s Day. Why are jails more packed than restaurants? Most guys want peace . Think about that for a sec. The very basic thing of human nature is an ask.

How many people thank their dad or step dad for not being the stereotype?

When was the last time you guys made a call to say “ hey, old men. I’m coming to get you to hang out?

How do we hold each other up? How do we teach each other ti be the best versions of ourselves to be able to care properly for ourselves and family?

I think about these things a lot.
I came up with a retreat I’m putting together in Tanzania to help us all be better. Financially, mentally, spiritually, health wise and many other things. I’m also building towards something that helps guys who just came home reconnect with their kids.

It’s a start but it’s something we can all learn from.
We don’t have all the answers but someone else me be able to help solve or help us understand our struggles from a different perspective.

I go days sometimes and not listen to any rap music and strictly songs about love

it’s soothing overall and helps me

Bro, I've gone weeks without hip hop by listening to LoFi (particularly stuff on the ChillHop label), classic Jazz, and 70's prog rock. Mind you, I'm the backpacker type, so I'm listening to lyricism at it's finest, but still... Kinda like you said, it mellows me out.

When is the last time yall been to the doctor?
To the dentist?

If it's been 6 months or more I encourage yall to go make an appointment

I realize this is just covering the physical.

Whens the last time yall talked to somebody to work some shit you been going through personally out?

Dont gotta be a professional so long as you talking out whatevers troubling you

Something I found that works for me is to sit my backyard at night and listen to the bugs and whatever else animals noises I hear

It’s very relaxing and I feel like I’m connecting with the earth.

That's what's up. Camping also helps with that.

I'm going to be working in Alaska for my Summer Job soon (will be leaving on the 14th of this Month), and the way I see it, the $$$$$ is a Bonus, getting back to Nature for several Weeks will be exactly what I need. The City can really burn you out, what with all the stress and bullshit you put up with others. I noticed the difference the last time I was regularly Camping, then returning back to Civilization and picking up on different Energies and Moods. People are really fucked up, they're just too deep in Denial and too cowardly to speak on it.

Back in 2020, during the Lockdown, I met this Woman on IG, who is a Model (NOT a Sex Worker) who talks alot about the struggles and strife she overcame and the Personal Daemons she still battles. We got to discussing some things, and I found out from her what her issue was--

--BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder).

The more we talked, the more she questioned whether I had it or not, which I didn't know if I did, I just assumed it was severe Depression along with Agoraphobia, which comes and goes. She sent me a couple links, and after reading them, one of which had a quiz, I KNEW that's what I had. It was like the missing piece to a complicated Puzzle that finally came together. I saw the Picture clearly. I tell her all the time that if we never had met, I'd still be fucked up on these Streets trying to figure out what was wrong with me. She literally saved my Life, something I tell her alot. After that, I found and spoke to others with the same Affliction, trying to Network with them, create a Community or Support Group of sorts. She also recommended a Book to me "I Hate You, Don't Leave Me", which is all about BPD. I haven't finished it yet, but I definitely will. Hopefully, I'll have time this Summer to get caught up on it.

What type of Mental/Emotional Issues do you Guys suffer from? Let's make that distinction clear, there's a Difference between Mental and Emotional Illness.

When is the last time yall been to the doctor?
To the dentist?

If it's been 6 months or more I encourage yall to go make an appointment

Haven't been to the doctor for a check up since 2019.

Dentist every six months. Was just there in April. I'm not paying into those dental benefits at work for nothing lol

I have always been committed to my physical health. Growing up as an athlete and then being in the military for 12 its been engrained in me. Also helps with my stress management.

Now I have been making a more focused effort on my mental and spiritual.

Reading and listening to more books and podcasts.

Books im currently reading:
Ego Is The Enemy - Ryan Holiday
Getting To Neutral - Trevor Moawad

Pod
The Basement w/ Tim Ross
Dead Ass w/ Devale and Kadeen Ellis

In addition to some quiet time and reading scripture

Just tryna be fit in all aspects for myself and my wife and kids

Back