Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Men's Health Thread... Absolutely NO TROLLING

Why not? Everything is confidential. Differing perspectives can help you grow and get passed things.

You may need to try a few times to find the right one, but once you do…….things can become a lot easier.

I have a "healthy" distrust of most folks. which is fuckin hilarious seeing as how you gotta have trust in to engage with one

Rain and Hell post in here. Sneak don't, though.

There you go with the missing @ - I stay lurking though.

I just started using a CPAP due to to mild sleep apnea - this shit is a huge adjustment though. When I first got it my mom came over and I showed her the mask on and she laughed dead in my face and said "that's attractive". I come from a long line of sarcastic motherfuckers so I took that shit in stride.

But yeah I gotta find a mask that works with my sleep style otherwise I'm gonna just go back to drinking myself into a stupor every night.

There you go with the missing @ - I stay lurking though.

I just started using a CPAP due to to mild sleep apnea - this shit is a huge adjustment though. When I first got it my mom came over and I showed her the mask on and she laughed dead in my face and said "that's attractive". I come from a long line of sarcastic motherfuckers so I took that shit in stride.

But yeah I gotta find a mask that works with my sleep style otherwise I'm gonna just go back to drinking myself into a stupor every night.

I cant call it at the moment but i'm sure ive seen commercials about sleep apnea where you dont have to wear a mask or something. Have you looked into that?

Was the sleep apnea something you noticed yourself that you had to address or were you told.. aye bruh you be sounding like you bout to die at night and there was a concern for your health?

I cant call it at the moment but i'm sure ive seen commercials about sleep apnea where you dont have to wear a mask or something. Have you looked into that?

Was the sleep apnea something you noticed yourself that you had to address or were you told.. aye bruh you be sounding like you bout to die at night and there was a concern for your health?

Yeah they have a lot of gimmicks that may or may not work (like retainers) and there are surgical solutions but my case is pretty mild so I'm not trying to do all that. But yeah I noticed it myself - years of snoring, insomnia and not waking up rested took a toll and I realized I was self-medicating with copious amounts of tequila (also my girl was saying that sometimes I just stop breathing altogether for a while). I decided to to an at-home sleep study but my sleep doctor made me do an in-lab study because the results were inconclusive.

That shit was weird because it was in the basement of this creepy old mansion so it felt like a horror movie trying to sleep in there with a dude watching me on a camera.

I just started about a month ago so I'm sure I'll get the hang of it once I find the right mask and headgear. Shit is loud sometimes though I feel like Darth Vader. Also I'm trying to get my doctor to remotely crank up the pressure but she's giving me a hard time about that. Once I own the machine (after 3 months my insurance gives me the machine) I can hack it myself and get it just right.

So I have never needed a therapist in my life until this year. Usually im great at fixing my own problems but ran into one i couldnt fix. Didnt feel comfortable talking with people I knew. Well, I told 2 people but regret it, lol. Now they want to keep asking me about it when I dont want to talk about it, lol.

Looked up a therapist. It was only supposes to be for 4 sessions. It has now probably been 8 sessions due to how much im enjoying it. I did start with telling a critical lie because I didnt feel comfortable to tell her (therapist). That was a big mistake on my part. I came clean I think on our 5th session and is felt a weight lift off me. She aint judge me or nothing. Im still continuing but dont know for how much longer. This is out of pocket for me. I had to change our sessions from once a week to once every 2 weeks, lol. Money adds up.

Yeah they have a lot of gimmicks that may or may not work (like retainers) and there are surgical solutions but my case is pretty mild so I'm not trying to do all that. But yeah I noticed it myself - years of snoring, insomnia and not waking up rested took a toll and I realized I was self-medicating with copious amounts of tequila (also my girl was saying that sometimes I just stop breathing altogether for a while). I decided to to an at-home sleep study but my sleep doctor made me do an in-lab study because the results were inconclusive.

That shit was weird because it was in the basement of this creepy old mansion so it felt like a horror movie trying to sleep in there with a dude watching me on a camera.

I just started about a month ago so I'm sure I'll get the hang of it once I find the right mask and headgear. Shit is loud sometimes though I feel like Darth Vader. Also I'm trying to get my doctor to remotely crank up the pressure but she's giving me a hard time about that. Once I own the machine (after 3 months my insurance gives me the machine) I can hack it myself and get it just right.

Could you pass the info on the at-home sleep study joint? Think i'd like to try that out

Agree with what Rain and Dos have said.

Also, if your shit gets put out on blast, you can sue and none of them want that so at least for me, I've never questioned my therapists ability to keep things confidential

I will put you on warning though. A lot of therapists also have therapists. You may come up as a point of discussion for them but they not gonna use your name and they try to be as vague as possible without letting out too many details but nothing that will identify you

I say this to say therapists take on a lot of shit from clients and even they need a place to decompress and unpack shit

Don't let this stop you from seeking help

Ain't nobody running up to you at the mall asking "don't you see Dr _______"

Do you have someone to talk about your feelings with? Fiends or family? Or do you just keep things to yourself?

I didn't in the past, I kept stuff in and it wasn't the thing to do. I didn't open up in my previous relationship and it cost me. I've learned from that and now the woman I've been seeing I open up and we're good. The flip side I listen to her.

Mentally this the best I've been maybe ever.

I got a friend of 25+ years that I confide in. I’m gonna see a therapist eventually because I’ve always wanted to see one
I've learned that friends can get overwhelmed with hearing your problems but aren't necessarily equipped to be able to tell you so

They feel cause they are your friend, why wouldn't they be there for you?

I've learned to ask my best friend of 20+ years if it's ok or does he have the bandwidth to receive what I want to talk about. I want to be considerate that he might also be going through some shit and might not be in the best mental space to be a sounding board

I've learned that friends can get overwhelmed with hearing your problems but aren't necessarily equipped to be able to tell you so

They feel cause they are your friend, why wouldn't they be there for you?

I've learned to ask my best friend of 20+ years if it's ok or does he have the bandwidth to receive what I want to talk about. I want to be considerate that he might also be going through some shit and might not be in the best mental space to be a sounding board

It’s mostly a fair exchange because he’ll run some of his issues by me and vice versa. We try not to overwhelm the other

You have to get it from your doctor. It's this remote monitor that they tape to you that you wear for a night or two.

damn.. I might have to look into it.. and hope the insurance covers the shit. I feel like I sleep pretty well but i've been told I should look into seeing if I have sleep apnea. I aint tryna wear no fuckin mask tho

It’s obviously not June but any recommendations on self help podcasts? I’ve had a pretty disappointing last few months

Back