Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Men's Health Thread... Absolutely NO TROLLING

if you dont mind me asking how do they say that journaling is supposed to help.

Just getting it outside of your head and onto paper so you can read it back? Genuinely curious
Pretty much

Documents the losses and the wins, even if they are small

It's to chronicle your journey. Look back and see how you view things in the present vs when you look back on the past

Have you grown in certain areas? Completed goals you've set for yourself? Or just fallen off the wagon completely.

What I like about the mind journal is it will have range of feelings/emotions you can check off before you begin a new section. That really comes in handy when you're trying to gauge if you've gotten over a feeling from last month or are you still there, etc

I need to start journaling more. My therapist keeps plugging this for me to do

This not a sponsored plug but I bought the men's mind journal and when I have used it, it has helped, I just have to be more consistent.

2022 was not a good year for me mentally for a myriad of reasons. Some of it spilled over into this year and I've been trying to manage it as best as I can.
Mine said the same.

To bring it back on track tho.

Those of yall that actively attend a therapist. did it take long to find one that worked for you?

I feel like it's an important conversation to have and hopefully we can have a serious one

Last edited:

Those of yall that actively attend a therapist. did it take long to find one that worked for you?

I feel like it's an important conversation to have and hopefully we can have a serious one
Yep, took quite a few tries.
Everyone personality does match and not everyone was helpful or empathetic.

Trial and error with a couple. It helps that I know a couple personally so they helped me navigate that part and know what to look for.

if you dont mind me asking.. how did you know the one you rock with was the right fit?

I agree 1000%
she listened in an empathic way, and helped me see my mistakes in what’s holding me from reaching my full potential. And wanted to come up with a game plan for accountability as far as not dealing with things in my past, understand what I’m running from and running to.

And while she uses a lot of analogies and comparisons…..she also gave me many things to think about and research.

May not sound like a lot but the shit helped me tremendously.

ive considered it but havent worked up the nerve yet honestly
Why not? Everything is confidential. Differing perspectives can help you grow and get passed things.

You may need to try a few times to find the right one, but once you do…….things can become a lot easier.

My twin sister is a therapist. She makes a pretty good living, but deals with a lot of fucked up people.

Back