Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Man kills ex wife,ex girl, then himself in custody battle

That's still a dumb talking point because no one was trying to place blame for why the system is what it is. That's literally a path you took all on your own seemingly for no other reason than to blame men for problems that some men face. The irony is that pointless and dismissive attitudes like that are part of the reason why some problems never get addressed. Most people don't even realize how big a problem it is, and whenever someone comes along to bring awareness to it, someone else like you comes along and says some dumb shit like that to undermine the effort.

How is acknowledging why something is the way it is being dismissive? That's literally the opposite of being dismissive. You mentioned the court system and how it screws men over and I said without the context of why it operates the way it does then any attempt to change it won't work. If you want to change something then understanding how and why it's set up the way it is does actually matter. Or else you end up with what we have now which is people, often men, taking their anger on the court system out on actual people. And if you're gonna be the type to take that anger out on an actual person then direct it at the right source.

How is acknowledging why something is the way it is being dismissive? That's literally the opposite of being dismissive. You mentioned the court system and how it screws men over and I said without the context of why it operates the way it does then any attempt to change it won't work. If you want to change something then understanding how and why it's set up the way it is does actually matter. Or else you end up with what we have now which is people, often men, taking their anger on the court system out on actual people. And if you're gonna be the type to take that anger out on an actual person then direct it at the right source.

Bruh, you provided no useful insight into the nature of the problem. lol You basically just said that men set up all these systems and were discriminatory in the past. That's not useful information. The people who created these systems didn't do so with the expectation that the systems would be used as weapons against men, and the people who are perpetuating the use of the systems in that way are not the same people who created the system.

You're talking as if people aren't out there trying to change the system. Like I said before, what you're doing isn't new. I've literally seen women shut down attempts to get this topic out more in the open by saying the same shit you just said.

It's like when women used to complain about the objectification of women in music videos, and dudes would inevitably come along and say "Well, they couldn't make those videos if women didn't agree to be in them, so if women want to solve that problem, then women should change what they do." Were you ok with that response in those discussions?

I’m convinced some of y’all just like to argue.

Just make your point a couple times and if somebody don’t feel the same way, cool.

Just agree to disagree and keep it movin’.

Why go back and forth with somebody for 5 pages about the same thing?

A sick man committed a double homicide and suicide over child custody and possible character assassination issues.

No need to try to explain why he mighta went over the edge.

He was wrong, PERIOD!

At the same time, there’s no need to explain why men sometimes get treated unfair in divorce court (“back in the day, men used to treat women like property”).

Who cares?

This will be my only comment in this discussion.

I don’t do the back and forth.

Don’t quote me or tag me.

I ain’t responding.

Just make your point a couple times and if somebody don’t feel the same way, cool.

A sick man committed a double homicide and suicide over child custody and possible character assassination issues.

He was wrong, PERIOD!

At the same time, there’s no need to explain why men sometimes get treated unfair in divorce court (“back in the day, men used to treat women like property”).

Who cares?

I ain’t responding.
Same i see no value in debate zero.. i just make statements..

Bruh, you provided no useful insight into the nature of the problem. lol You basically just said that men set up all these systems and were discriminatory in the past. That's not useful information. The people who created these systems didn't do so with the expectation that the systems would be used as weapons against men, and the people who are perpetuating the use of the systems in that way are not the same people who created the system.

You're talking as if people aren't out there trying to change the system. Like I said before, what you're doing isn't new. I've literally seen women shut down attempts to get this topic out more in the open by saying the same shit you just said.

It's like when women used to complain about the objectification of women in music videos, and dudes would inevitably come along and say "Well, they couldn't make those videos if women didn't agree to be in them, so if women want to solve that problem, then women should change what they do." Were you ok with that response in those discussions?

Of course they didn't set it up with the expectation it would be used against them because they weren't picturing a future where women would have the agency and social freedoms they do now. You're basically saying "hindsight is 2020" which isn't that hard of a conclusion to draw. If anybody is shut down by the mere acknowledgement of why the system is the way it is then they probably don't know much more about it because that simple fact isn't enough to stop change from happening...but again without that context the change being fought for won't happen in the ways that the people who find themselves on the wrong end of things want. It'll just be the cycle we see now where people are mad at the "system" instead of the people who created and still enforce the things that made that system viable to begin with.

Also...to your last point yes that actually is a good answer. Don't wanna be looked at a certain way then it helps to not do certain shit. Is it a catch all solution? No...but to deny that people not doing *insert act here* would prevent certain shit from happening is denial of reality and how people view things.

He was wrong, PERIOD!

Who cares?

I ain’t responding.

well Ima quote you mf

a lotta times these discussions come down to someone feeling "right"

if they're right & you're opposed to them then obviously you're "wrong", right?

when it all is jus one belief vs. the other

facts are he killed them & himself

you could feel that's it no need to kno why or wanna delve deeper

:shrug2:

Of course they didn't set it up with the expectation it would be used against them because they weren't picturing a future where women would have the agency and social freedoms they do now. You're basically saying "hindsight is 2020" which isn't that hard of a conclusion to draw. If anybody is shut down by the mere acknowledgement of why the system is the way it is then they probably don't know much more about it because that simple fact isn't enough to stop change from happening...but again without that context the change being fought for won't happen in the ways that the people who find themselves on the wrong end of things want. It'll just be the cycle we see now where people are mad at the "system" instead of the people who created and still enforce the things that made that system viable to begin with.

Also...to your last point yes that actually is a good answer. Don't wanna be looked at a certain way then it helps to not do certain shit. Is it a catch all solution? No...but to deny that people not doing *insert act here* would prevent certain shit from happening is denial of reality and how people view things.

Bruh, what do you not understand? It's not about being shut down by the acknowledgement of where the systems come from. The problem is that such information has no use in the discussion. We're talking about a problem that needs to be fixed. Men unwittingly created the problem more than a hundred years ago. Ok, fine. Acknowledged. Now how does that help address the current problem? It doesn't, because the circumstances have evolved since then. The context in that case doesn't help. All you're doing is trying to point fingers. I don't understand why you're fighting that fact so hard. Just admit it and move on.

And noted on your last statement, I'm positive your stance will change the next time a similar discussion comes up, but if it doesn't then so be it.

Bruh, what do you not understand? It's not about being shut down by the acknowledgement of where the systems come from. The problem is that such information has no use in the discussion. We're talking about a problem that needs to be fixed. Men unwittingly created the problem more than a hundred years ago. Ok, fine. Acknowledged. Now how does that help address the current problem? It doesn't, because the circumstances have evolved since then. The context in that case doesn't help. All you're doing is trying to point fingers. I don't understand why you're fighting that fact so hard. Just admit it and move on.

And noted on your last statement, I'm positive your stance will change the next time a similar discussion comes up, but if it doesn't then so be it.

The circumstances have evolved but the mindset behind what created that system hasn't. That's why it's important to know that.

Also my stance on that has always been consistent. I said in a thread just a little while ago regarding women comparing themselves to video models something very similar.

Sad shit and instead of doing heinous acts he should have checked himself to a mental hospital. He obviously have deeper issues that could be why both mothers ain't fucking with him and do we know if the molestation ever came back conclusive? Either way it goes he was dead wrong in this. Humans get in their feelings they become savages.

The circumstances have evolved but the mindset behind what created that system hasn't. That's why it's important to know that.

Also my stance on that has always been consistent. I said in a thread just a little while ago regarding women comparing themselves to video models something very similar.

I'd agree the mindset is largely the same. People assume that mothers are the primary caregivers and are the better option. The way to fix that problem is to get everyone to see that there is a problem, and to show that it's not beneficial to anyone to always default to women in these custody disputes or to so easily cut fathers out of the picture. Nothing at all is solved by saying "Men made this system." It just isn't, and no amount of intellectual gymnastics you try to pull will have made that a worthwhile statement at this point in the discussion.

You've been on here complaining about people misplacing blame this whole topic. Just admit that you were basically doing the same thing. Men going through these trials nowadays are not at fault for what different men put in place more than a century ago.

I'd agree the mindset is largely the same. People assume that mothers are the primary caregivers and are the better option. The way to fix that problem is to get everyone to see that there is a problem, and to show that it's not beneficial to anyone to always default to women in these custody disputes or to so easily cut fathers out of the picture. Nothing at all is solved by saying "Men made this system." It just isn't, and no amount of intellectual gymnastics you try to pull will have made that a worthwhile statement at this point in the discussion.

You've been on here complaining about people misplacing blame this whole topic. Just admit that you were basically doing the same thing. Men going through these trials nowadays are not at fault for what different men put in place more than a century ago.

how was he misplacing blame tho. We wernt talking about family court he consistently said dude was trash for what he did. Now when y’all brought up the unfairness of the system which is exaggerated I think he brought up the origins of that system I don’t think that was pointless

how was he misplacing blame tho. We wernt talking about family court he consistently said dude was trash for what he did. Now when y’all brought up the unfairness of the system which is exaggerated I think he brought up the origins of that system I don’t think that was pointless

It's not exaggerated. Even divorce lawyers admit it's unfair.

And the origins of the system don't matter when the only thing those origins were brought up for was to place blame on men for the system. Yes, men created the fucked up system, but how does that change the fact that the system needs to be fixed or give insight on how the system should be fixed. How does the fact that men back then made the system change the fact that men now are being hurt by the system? Ya'll can play this game all you want, but ya'll are being disingenuous. We all know that he had a stick up his ass this whole topic because he believed (perhaps rightfully so) that Dos was wrongly blaming the victims, so he chose to go tit for tat to find a way to blame men in the secondary discussion.

Back