John Leguizamo - “Latinos built this country”

Is he right?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Helped

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Ain’t you pretending to be Puerto Rican?

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
This is my overall point, remove your personal feelings from it, look at the substance of what he is saying, and not how he is saying it. He is proud of Latinos contribution to America even though America downplays it, and or doesn’t promote it. It’s effect is larger than most people know. In fact in a lot of instances like opium..it shaped America in others ways

Is it widely known

Would you be adverse to a Chinese actor sharing that with an audience, albeit poorly, by saying we built this county?

It's literally taught in public schools.

... At least it was. I don't know about today.

When the Chinese speak on it, they will say very specifically "We built the railroads in this country".

Guess the only issue is then, that he shoulda said specifically what Latinos built. Not that they didn’t build a significant portion of America. But what specifically it was.

Which is what the show is about, the what..is what the show is about

I feel like we really gotta start saying Black Latinos and non Black Latinos. Or Hispanic or whatever. I mean the site owner is latino so it obvious who
Right.
But black peoples with means are looked at as not black anymore, out of touch, or a lick.
Very few times as the solution.
Trust me when I say, more black folk than not will say I tried and I tired.

We can teach people how to fish or give them a fish. Then you got them niggas who want all the fish and rob you of the fishing pole without knowing how to use it.

Yes the onus is on us. All of us. But we hate each other more than we want to win.

But them Mexicans you speak of…..structure is more important than anything. Family and respect is more important than anything.

Got dudes selling apples in the side of the road and come home to a cooked meal and a dick suck. Now tell me how many times have you heard money ain’t everything yet nigga you don’t make enough?

Bruh we hate each other

Bruh please

Another point is that number he quoted most certainly includes contributions from Afro-Latinos, but I can bet you that he's not thinking of Afro-Latinos in all his advocacy for Hispanic people. He very likely only cares about people that look like him or are lighter.

This is my main issue with him
and his idea of a Latin identity. It doesn't include Black people. Hell from him it don't even include Colombia which is what he actually is. So people then take his statements and continue to erase Black people in Latin America when there's more there than in the US.

Last edited:
...never understood the whole black vs brown shyt.

It's always been stupid. Both have been treated/viewed as less than by certain particular group.

John need to kofi slap his agent for convincing him to do the original Mario Bros. movie. Surprised his career didn't take a fatal hit wit that abomination.

...never understood the whole black vs brown shyt.

It's always been stupid. Both have been treated/viewed as less than by certain particular group.

John need to kofi slap his agent for convincing him to do the original Mario Bros. movie. Surprised his career didn't take a fatal hit wit that abomination.

Easier way to keep people divided. It's why the effort to keep latinos seen as "one race" holds so strong. Because the numbers would be alot more even or even surpassed if they actually took our race into count and not country of origin

I’m trying to think of points in American history where they built something from the ground up from the past with great significance that has lasted until today ?

Latino's did HELP build this "new" country BUT they was here before anyone else so they most definitely built the old country. Black slaves built the majority of America (new world) that's not even up for debate, well it shouldn't be

Listen. The overall point is niggas seem very eager to give our credit to others. No other group does that but our off code, asskissing selves

The actual topic of this thread is about who built this country ie: HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO

That claim is black Americans alone, not latinos

Niggas don't know or care (Dwayne) about our true history so they're quick to pawn it off

So once again, we should be liars just because they are? Nobody gives us our just due. That's true, but just because they aren't honorable actors doesn't mean we should start lying and misrepresenting the truth like them.

This is my main issue with him
and his idea of a Latin identity. It doesn't include Black people. Hell from him it don't even include Colombia which is what he actually is. So people then take his statements and continue to erase Black people in Latin America when there's more there than in the US.

Doesn't Colombia have a black vice president or something like that now? He probably hates that shit.

Back