John Leguizamo - “Latinos built this country”

Is he right?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Helped

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Ain’t you pretending to be Puerto Rican?

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
lol He didn't praise anything. He just acknowledged something they've done. Who gives a fuck what they do on AMexicanWeb.com. Are we supposed to lie and misrepresent shit just because others do?

That's what I was saying earlier. Lequizamo has a history of this shit, so there's no need to attack a whole group of people when the bullshit is coming from a known bullshitter.
Maybe you missed the part where i said he went FAR OFF TOPIC

Mans went out of his way to give Mexicans flowers

Reactions: GNS
Mexicans are submissive to white people, they stay away from white peoples safe spaces so white people leave them alone. They don’t try to mingle with white people, so white people don’t seem to feel like they infringe on their rights to be white, in a weird way. It’s the opposite for blacks people where for some reason a lot of us seem to believe that success lies in transitioning to white spaces. As taboo has said we had our own before and it was taken so maybe that’s a bi product of it
Success lies within success.
It’s majority black spaces with affluent black families.
and often times , success breeds headaches with people trying to take it, that’s why people move out of lower income areas. And move to safer areas that happen to sometimes be majority white. It’s not because success wants to be around white.
This narrative has to stop.

Maybe you missed the part where i said he went FAR OFF TOPIC

Mans went out of his way to give Mexicans flowers

lol How? The discussion is about whether or not Latinos have built or helped build this country. He was giving an example of work Latinos have done to help build this country. I don't agree that's in line with what Lequizamo said, but it's not exactly irrelevant to the topic.

Besides, if I can show you a video with hispanics telling other hispanics to cut out the anti-black racism and acknowledging that Black people are the ones that opened the doors for them, will you stop acting like 100% of non black people are against black people?

why he’s using the past tense may have more to do with the overall point he was trying to relay to that person. But beyond the his word choice, the substance of what he was saying is true.
well that's what I'm trying to debate here with you, bruh, damn why you being so difficult lmao.

I think it's wildly understood that the idea of the Hispanic-American didn't really become a thing until the 1900s. America the global power wasn't a thing until they beat Spain in the Spanish-American War. It was after this this when their population numbers started to skyrocket (damn near doubled between 1890 and 1910). I'd say it's a numbers game at that point. Still, their population paled in comparison to African-American numbers by a factor of 10. By the time their numbers hit significant size, America was already one of two global superpowers.

All of that is to say that Hispanics are a big part of America today but I think it's fair to say America was "built" by others just simply because they didn't have the numbers until relatively recently.

shah-knees helped build America too
Hell, the Italians or whoever found it, even tho it wasn’t lost.
Errbody helped but did everything.

well that's what I'm trying to debate here with you, bruh, damn why you being so difficult lmao.

I think it's wildly understood that the idea of the Hispanic-American didn't really become a thing until the 1900s. America the global power wasn't a thing until they beat Spain in the Spanish-American War. It was after this this when their population numbers started to skyrocket (damn near doubled between 1890 and 1910). I'd say it's a numbers game at that point. Still, their population paled in comparison to African-American numbers by a factor of 10. By the time their numbers hit significant size, America was already one of two global superpowers.

All of that is to say that Hispanics are a big part of America today but I think it's fair to say America was "built" by others just simply because they didn't have the numbers until relatively recently.
The numbers you are relying on are numbers curated by White Americans. White Americans who have used the census for years to under cut the significance of different ethnicities to be able to control how things are done. I’m not going to explain it because I don’t remember it verbatim. But look up why opium became illegal in America.

Then ask yourself when has the Chinese population ever been counted strong enough to have that big of an influence in America. Especially back then.

Success lies within success.
It’s majority black spaces with affluent black families.
and often times , success breeds headaches with people trying to take it, that’s why people move out of lower income areas. And move to safer areas that happen to sometimes be majority white. It’s not because success wants to be around white.
This narrative has to stop.
Either way, the onus is on us to not do that to our own and we could thrive too

Then ask yourself when has the Chinese population ever been counted strong enough to have that big of an influence in America. Especially back then.
They didn't start coming over until the 19th century, too. They had outsized influence on early America because of the work they did on the transcontinental railroad. They made up 90% of the workers coming from the western part of the country. Connecting the west and east coasts was huge for this country's growth.

lol How? The discussion is about whether or not Latinos have built or helped build this country. He was giving an example of work Latinos have done to help build this country. I don't agree that's in line with what Lequizamo said, but it's not exactly irrelevant to the topic.

Besides, if I can show you a video with hispanics telling other hispanics to cut out the anti-black racism and acknowledging that Black people are the ones that opened the doors for them, will you stop acting like 100% of non black people are against black people?
Listen. The overall point is niggas seem very eager to give our credit to others. No other group does that but our off code, asskissing selves

The actual topic of this thread is about who built this country ie: HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO

That claim is black Americans alone, not latinos

Niggas don't know or care (Dwayne) about our true history so they're quick to pawn it off

The numbers you are relying on are numbers curated by White Americans. White Americans who have used the census for years to under cut the significance of different ethnicities to be able to control how things are done. I’m not going to explain it because I don’t remember it verbatim. But look up why opium became illegal in America.
I'll look in to it.

Either way, the onus is on us to not do that to our own and we could thrive too
Right.
But black peoples with means are looked at as not black anymore, out of touch, or a lick.
Very few times as the solution.
Trust me when I say, more black folk than not will say I tried and I tired.

We can teach people how to fish or give them a fish. Then you got them niggas who want all the fish and rob you of the fishing pole without knowing how to use it.

Yes the onus is on us. All of us. But we hate each other more than we want to win.

But them Mexicans you speak of…..structure is more important than anything. Family and respect is more important than anything.

Got dudes selling apples in the side of the road and come home to a cooked meal and a dick suck. Now tell me how many times have you heard money ain’t everything yet nigga you don’t make enough?

Bruh we hate each other

They didn't start coming over until the 19th century, too. They had outsized influence on early America because of the work they did on the transcontinental railroad. They made up 90% of the workers coming from the western part of the country. Connecting the west and east coasts was huge for this country's growth.
Where did you learn that?

Is it widely known

Would you be adverse to an Chinese actor sharing that in an interview? Albeit poorly

Last edited:
Right.
But black peoples with means are looked at as not black anymore, out of touch, or a lick.
Very few times as the solution.
Trust me when I say, more black folk than not will say I tried and I tired.

We can teach people how to fish or give them a fish. Then you got them niggas who want all the fish and rob you of the fishing pole without knowing how to use it.

Yes the onus is on us. All of us. But we hate each other more than we want to win.

But them Mexicans you speak of…..structure is more important than anything. Family and respect is more important than anything.

Got dudes selling apples in the side of the road and come home to a cooked meal and a dick suck. Now tell me how many times have you heard money ain’t everything yet nigga you don’t make enough?

Bruh we hate each other
That’s for us to solve fam, the proof is in the pudding as far as I’m concerned. If we just stop being one of our own worst enemy we can do it too.

Back