John Leguizamo - “Latinos built this country”

Is he right?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Helped

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Ain’t you pretending to be Puerto Rican?

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
I don’t know why it’s hard for y’all to say it.

But they helped build this country. We just did it mostly for free. Latinos come in all colors.
But are all color accepted?

Can we keep it real….outside of Panamanians and maybe a few others I might be missing….who considers and embraces the Afro side of their nationality?
from what I’ve seen the dark Latinos are made fun of in most Latin cultures media.

Amara le negra was made fun of fir quite a while…..they stayed mocking her ass in the DR.
Tego and Trinidad had issues as well.

and remember j Alvin I think it was with two black women on leases in a video.

And dark Dominicans? Stay getting confused with being Haitian

Reactions: GNS
How did latinos build this country? Im listening

This. I'm genuinely interested.

Latinos have contributed to the country no question. A lot of successful businesses in this country now are big because of cheap Mexican labor throughout the past couple decades. To say they built this country though? How?

I'd say Asians have more of a claim to building this country than Hispanics given the Chinese contribution to the transcontinental railway.

The latino community always takes our kindness for weakness. We've screamed this black and brown shit for their benefit but all it does enables them to get too comfortable

The erasure of black Americans aint gonna stop. Fat joe and crazy legs are planning on making a documentary claiming Puerto Ricans helped create hip hop 50/50 with black people, which is a lie

I laugh at that shit dumb black people who go along with that black in brown shit or the POC shit go to East LA and be black and see what happen to you, in NY the reason the blood shit started is because what Latino people was doing to black people there’s so many examples of Anti blackness in the Latino community idk why niggas keep pushing for that shit when only they benefit from it.

Do y’all really in your heart believe only black folks in slavery built this country from California down to Louisiana up to New York?

You still haven't explained what Latinos did to build the country.

I don't think anyone on this site thinks that only black people are responsible for this country's success. We're talking specifically about Latinos.

Yes. They helped build this country.

Ain’t the common knowledge?
In my city alone, god knows how the fuck they do it with the way Americans treat and think of Mexicans.

In my city alone, they have taken over 2 main roads, they have Mexican restaurants, Mexican supermarkets, Mexican churches, Mexican neighborhoods centers. There is a Mexican family in my city that owns two Food Lion grocery stores, and have bought multiple strip malls where they put an ABC store , a vape shop, and a Mexican eating spot.

Ion know how the fuck they do it, but they put in work.

You still haven't explained what Latinos did to build the country.

I don't think anyone on this site thinks that only black people are responsible for this country's success. We're talking specifically about Latinos.
I’m not going to go into the % of the work that Latinos/Asians or whatever other group.

But they helped build this nation. I’m another post you said that much.

Right now in 2023 I see them helping build this nation

In my city alone, god knows how the fuck they do it with the way Americans treat and think of Mexicans.

In my city alone, they have taken over 2 main roads, they have Mexican restaurants, Mexican supermarkets, Mexican churches, Mexican neighborhoods centers. There is a Mexican family in my city that owns two Food Lion grocery stores, and have bought multiple strip malls where they put an ABC store , a vape shop, and a Mexican eating spot.

Ion know how the fuck they do it, but they put in work.
Blacks did the same thing during reconstruction and Jim Crow, but white folks wouldn't leave our neighborhoods alone...

I laugh at that shit dumb black people who go along with that black in brown shit or the POC shit go to East LA and be black and see what happen to you, in NY the reason the blood shit started is because what Latino people was doing to black people there’s so many examples of Anti blackness in the Latino community idk why niggas keep pushing for that shit when only they benefit from it.
Apparently black Americans aren't supposed to have anything exclusively for ourselves. We're the only ones who have to share share share, advocate for them, cape for them over there and be satisfied with getting nothing in return. The only thing we actually get in return is culture vulturing and hostility.

It more instrumental than you think, and you don’t know, because you don’t know how instrumental is in fiber building communities.
I'm not disputing this

THIS particular conversation is involving previous contributions that helped build America

Not your modern day Latinos doing the things you're describing in your posts

Back