Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Bruno Mars a culture vulture?

If anybody feels BM is a Culture Vulture then you have to feel the same way about Switch and the entire Debarge clan.

Sure you wanna do this?

If anybody feels BM is a Culture Vulture then you have to feel the same way about Switch and the entire Debarge clan.

Sure you wanna do this?

Or folks like Bob Babbitt and Joe Messina. Who were part of Motown's Funk Brothers in the 60's and 70's, think they didn't have love or appreciation for the culture.

Sure you wanna do this?

Was Switch an all white band or no? I could have thought it was a group that consisted of black members? Wasn't Switch working with the likes of the Jacksons and was under Berry G? Wasn't Switch signed to Motown? so how are they culture vulture when they not only had black members in the group, they were signed to a black label?

And wasn't Debarge mother black? so that does make her children black huh? Didn't the mother come from a gospel background?

Adele is a alumni from BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology the same school Jessie J, Leona Lewis and Amy Winehouse attended who voices all sound like soul, R&B and Adult Contemporary.
jessie-j-portraits-photoshoot-during-flz-s-jingle-ball-2014-in-tampa-florida_1.jpg

leona-lewis.jpg

amy_winehouse.jpg

From what I'm gathering, the only criteria to being a culture vulture is to not be black. It's plenty niggas that do exactly what y'all accuse Miley 'nem of.

Like who?

If I'm reading correctly (i may not) you're saying it's plenty of black ppl doing the same thing to whites ppl music? as how Miley and nem or doing with black music?

I may be mis-understanding your post

I don't give a fuck what Joe did. Does Adele's Hello sound like R&B. Like Joe

R&B

Yes, it sounds like Joe, at least the album its on. The song is no more out of place on his album that it is on Adele's.

And just because an R&B artist did the song, doesn't now make it an R&B song.

So is Aerosmith's Walk This Way a rap song cuz Run-DMC covered it?

I'm pretty sure I didn't say "Yes, it's R&B because R&B artist are covering it." I simply said yes it sounded like an R&B song, and pointed out that R&B artists have covered it and included it on their R&B albums.

Was Switch an all white band or no? I could have thought it was a group that consisted of black members? Wasn't Switch working with the likes of the Jacksons and was under Berry G? Wasn't Switch signed to Motown? so how are they culture vulture when they not only had black members in the group, they were signed to a black label?

And wasn't Debarge mother black? so that does make her children black huh? Didn't the mother come from a gospel background?
BM isnt an all white band tho...

Morris Day gave him his blessing so ultimately our feelings and opinions are irrelevant.

Like who?

If I'm reading correctly (i may not) you're saying it's plenty of black ppl doing the same thing to whites ppl music? as how Miley and nem or doing with black music?

I may be mis-understanding your post
No I'm saying there's black ppl within hip hop that do what "culture vultures" do...but they don't get held to culture vulture standards cuz they black.

Back