Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Bruno Mars a culture vulture?

Big dog, you do know basketball was a boring game, just like baseball.

Black ppl were the ones to make both games pop off, and I don't believe any white historian information about them creating anything.

Black ppl created the fast-break, created stealing bases, see the Negro League and why the whites dismantled that league.

Black ppl make things pop and go, created more things that ppl can imagine.

Who you think were playing games in the field? cacs?

Breh, No bone in my body believes that a white man created basketball and baseball
Yo this the dumbest shit I seen since being here lol

4UkVZnQ.gif

Is Alchemist a culture vulture? White rappers and singers get labeled all the time but I've never heard anyone call a producer a culture vulture. Statik Selectah or Harry Fraud?

The Source was like the Bible during its inception and run but it was created by (correct me if I'm wrong) four white guys at Harvard. To this day their 5 mic rating is still used as the end all be all for rap.

My definition of a culture vulture is any artist that uses our music as their ticket to mass acceptance. Meaning at the end of the day, they can take it off and go back to being whatever their race is. Putting on black face for profit is nothing new. And shit like this is cringe worthy :

giphy-5.gif

Some people of different races grew up embedded in the culture and for them, it's all they know. The problem for me is that I can't tell the difference between the two until they take their mask off.

It leaves me feeling distrust for anyone appropriating because I'm always waiting for that mask to come off. Even with artists that seem to have respect for black music.

Bruno Mars... I dunno... I never purchased his music and I barely know the singles. It would be cool to hear what music could be made from his own heritage...

Back