Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Bruno Mars a culture vulture?

he got baked so now he trying to save face
I legit haven't read this thread after page 5
Who baked me?
Take bruno and gtfoh
Niggaz love giving away yalls shit

My definition of a culture vulture is any artist that uses our music as their ticket to mass acceptance. Meaning at the end of the day, they can take it off and go back to being whatever their race is. Putting on black face for profit is nothing new. And shit like this is cringe worthy :

View attachment 20577

Some people of different races grew up embedded in the culture and for them, it's all they know. The problem for me is that I can't tell the difference between the two until they take their mask off.

It leaves me feeling distrust for anyone appropriating because I'm always waiting for that mask to come off. Even with artists that seem to have respect for black music.

Bruno Mars... I dunno... I never purchased his music and I barely know the singles. It would be cool to hear what music could be made from his own heritage...
Was Katy Perry really tryna to snatch black culture for a hot second.....or did she just make a song or 2 with migos? Cuz she pretty much sounded her same pop self...even with the juicy j shit. I don't think she tried to use a blaccent or some shit. I could be wrong tho cuz I don't listen to Katy Perry like that...

Was Katy Perry really tryna to snatch black culture for a hot second.....or did she just make a song or 2 with migos? Cuz she pretty much sounded her same pop self...even with the juicy j shit. I don't think she tried to use a blaccent or some shit. I could be wrong tho cuz I don't listen to Katy Perry like that...

I don't profess to have all of the answers. So I do my research...turns out Ms perry is a notorious appropriator across multiple ethnicities. She decided to get back to her roots with her next album.

I don't listen to her music so I don't know her overall message but I do know that this makes me uncomfortable af:

Katy-Perry-Prismatic-World-Tour-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-TLO-10B.jpg

Dressed as an Egyptian with Sara Baartman looking mummies...

Reactions: GNS
I don't profess to have all of the answers. So I do my research...turns out Ms perry is a notorious appropriator across multiple ethnicities. She decided to get back to her roots with her next album.

I don't listen to her music so I don't know her overall message but I do know that this makes me uncomfortable af:

View attachment 20743

Goooooodddaaaaamn

View attachment 20743

wtfff??!

View attachment 20743

Those mummies thick af boi.

Oh shit I remember that. Yea fuck her Didn't Amanda seales call her out too? And didn't she have a breakdown on FB live not too long ago? I'm slowly remembering this shit lol

Oh shit I remember that. Yea fuck her Didn't Amanda seales call her out too? And didn't she have a breakdown on FB live not too long ago? I'm slowly remembering this shit lol

I had no idea about any of this. Just found out.

I could not be a celebrity at parties. I'd be bankrupt from lawsuits from smacking ignorant white folks.

I had no idea about any of this. Just found out.

I could not be a celebrity at parties. I'd be bankrupt from lawsuits from smacking ignorant white folks.
Yea I don't remember all the way but u feel like she was getting called out for appropriation and she started doing weird shit on FB live. This all started coming out around the time she cut her hair so ppl was comparing her to Britney lol

Back