Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is #AmINext the next #MeToo or just a branch off the tree?

I figure these women are using social media as the tool to get the word out because of the lack of faith in the justice system.

Also the social stigma of sharing your story. Going to the police or making it to court and having your character and account of events scrutinized every step of the way can be exhausting and not something ppl may wana deal with.
"What if she lyin?" is literally the first thing that comes outa ppls mouth when rape is mentioned and it's very telling...but if you just post your story to twitter, it's out there and it's done. Burden lifted.
This is me

To be clear I think ppl should absolutely go to the police. But we gotta be realistic about why ppl dont...

In my 28 years of life, I've called the cops all of one time. I'm sure I dont need to explain why that is...

I figure these women are using social media as the tool to get the word out because of the lack of faith in the justice system.

Also the social stigma of sharing your story. Going to the police or making it to court and having your character and account of events scrutinized every step of the way can be exhausting and not something ppl may wana deal with.
"What if she lyin?" is literally the first thing that comes outa ppls mouth when rape is mentioned and it's very telling...but if you just post your story to twitter, it's out there and it's done. Burden lifted.

Fam... foh... your lack of faith in the justice system don't give you any right to put that kind of information out there without providing any kind of proof.

I don't understand how some of you can't see how dangerous this type of shit is. We don't know if a single one of these events actually took place but before we can even get into any of that niggas whole identities have been placed under the label of rapist.

How is the social stigma of court or filing a report with police worst than your own personal Twitter account?

Nah. Fam. I understand why someone would be hesitant in dealing with police period but Twitter is not the proper channel to go through.

Fam... foh... your lack of faith in the justice system don't give you any right to put that kind of information out there without providing any kind of proof.

I don't understand how some of you can't see how dangerous this type of shit is. We don't know if a single one of these events actually took place but before we can even get into any of that niggas whole identities have been placed under the label of rapist.

How is the social stigma of court or filing a report with police worst than your own personal Twitter account?

Nah. Fam. I understand why someone would be hesitant in dealing with police period but Twitter is not the proper channel to go through.
What proof am I supposed to show you, pics of my bruised pussy? Let's keep it real this "proof" yall be asking for ain't gonna be believed or taken as absolute without audiovisual evidence. That's the nature of the crime unfortunately. You have a better chance of something being done if you take measures into your own hands (posting your story on social media) than you do going to the police. If you're not the right type of victim from or in the right area, the likelihood of you getting justice is slim to none. I'd take my chances on social media too. At least there I wouldn't have ppl digging into my sexual history and all this other shit to decide if I'm worthy to be taken seriously.

What proof am I supposed to show you, pics of my bruised pussy? Let's keep it real this "proof" yall be asking for ain't gonna be believed or taken as absolute without audiovisual evidence. That's the nature of the crime unfortunately. You have a better chance of something being done if you take measures into your own hands (posting your story on social media) than you do going to the police. If you're not the right type of victim from or in the right area, the likelihood of you getting justice is slim to none. I'd take my chances on social media too. At least there I wouldn't have ppl digging into my sexual history and all this other shit to decide if I'm worthy to be taken seriously.

Edit... read that wrong lmao.

This is the most ridiculous and irresponsible shit I've ever seen tho.

You get raped go to a hospital and get examined first off. In these cases they know the nigga so why not tell the police so hes off the street or at least being watched. Telling everyone on Twitter doesn't actually stop anyone else from being raped.

Gabs....you the queen round here.
Please don't ever use pussy and bruised again.

Thanks in advance.

Edit... read that wrong lmao.

This is the most ridiculous and irresponsible shit I've ever seen tho.

You get raped go to a hospital and get examined first off. In these cases they know the nigga so why not tell the police so hes off the street or at least being watched. Telling everyone on Twitter doesn't actually stop anyone else from being raped.
Dog these ppl in Cape town...idk how it works in s africa but I'd imagine the chances of nothing being done are worse and the situation far more likely to be bungled outside of "western" countries ...

As irresponsible as it sounds, ppl hands are tied. Cops only take rich white ppl seriously SOME of the time. So if you a poor person of color, what options do you have for others to take notice?

I'm not saying this is the right way to do it or the only way to do it...like I said I believe ppl should be the going to cops asap. But if we didnt hear about so much fuckery with the justice system, ppl would be more willing to use it.

I honestly may have missed something, because I didn't go back and re-read the shit. But why are we assuming that they didn't go to the police also?

Serious question.

Cause the case would probably be thrown out. Which is the next issue.

I honestly may have missed something, because I didn't go back and re-read the shit. But why are we assuming that they didn't go to the police also?

Serious question.
And this is why you're needed round here.
Thinking beyond the surface.

Good point.

I feel you people are falsely accused of rape and a lot plays into it. But if they did get raped and it’s no longer any evidence is the person wrong for talking about it in public?

I get it tho a false accusation of anything can ruin your life. I don’t know how South Africa views rape but if it’s a country in a rape epidemic shit like this could happen.

I think because people are more willing to talk about it and want justice I get it. As far as going to police I mean what can they do years after the fact? Maybe that’s why they went to social media.

If they are telling the truth, they are doing themselves a disservice without anything to back it up. Going to social media still means people willing to fight for the victim need something tangible to work to succeed.

This is why I stressed more women reporting rape in that thread about rape victims not doing it. Because technically, a person can be judged as wrong if they throw accusations at someone without proof in a court of law. Waiting years after the fact does indeed make things difficult, if not impossible. When that happens the situation is indeed fucked as now they have to hope someone is sympathetic enough to believe them.

And in the US, you're race could also play a part.

I see both sides of it

I think at the very least, if you felt you've been drugged, go to the hospital to at least get bloodwork to confirm your suspicions. It's not just gonna be out of your system when you wake up

I think that alone is a great step in the right direction.

Then go back to the bar and ask anybody off they remember seeing you assuming your memory is hazy to hopefully fill in some gaps

Finally, always send a text to a trusted friend letting them know your whereabouts.

Idk

If they are telling the truth, they are doing themselves a disservice without anything to back it up. Going to social media still means people willing to fight for the victim need something tangible to work to succeed.

This is why I stressed more women reporting rape in that thread about rape victims not doing it. Because technically, a person can be judged as wrong if they throw accusations at someone without proof in a court of law. Waiting years after the fact does indeed make things difficult, if not impossible. When that happens the situation is indeed fucked as now they have to hope someone is sympathetic enough to believe them.

And in the US, you're race could also play a part.

But we also gotta be real many times for many years rape victims male and female were made to think they did something to cause it. Like we can’t act like the metoo movement came out of nowhere. They caught white boy in Cali in the act of rape and he got no time at all.

How a nigga telling a female how to deal with being raped?

And yet these same niggas wonder why no women post? Stupid shit

Back