Welcome To aBlackWeb

im calling bs

It's funny because i wrote a tweet earlier in the day that was a pretty much a reply to the post that I said nah to... the pitfalls of assimiliation and the dogged commitment to rugged individualism at the peril of our communities at large

I guess its a theme this week everything is connected watching The Kings documentary and they are talking about Reaganism, Golden Boy Sugar Ray Leonard boxing, capitalism and rugged individualism and how Leonard embodied this creed to a degree..

Reganism is and has been an influential cancer in the American psyche probably the most effective marketing ploybsinceb Uncle Sam

nah i use to shame Black people who were seemingly "poor" but blew cash on clothes and shoes

but i get it now. theyre just afraid of appearing poor. america is not a place to be poor. to be poor in america is a frightening thing. its violence, some type of character flaw, or low morality and ethics. you are something to be tolerated. someones learning moment of what NOT to be, when in actuality poverty is just simply a lack of money and the desire for riches in "poor" Black people is perhaps the equivalent of buying one’s freedom—tht is to say, in an attempt to buy one’s humanness. not to mention some of us just like nice things which im learning is perfectly ok

poor Black people can have standards, have taste especially considering the amount of aggressive advertisement we all r surronded by (billboards, commercials, cultural norms/expectations)

but how terrible is it to live in a society where your worth is hinged on your wealth and or productivity ? one of the largest problems we face as a culture is how poorly we determine someone's value.

i just hope youre never so broke that all you have is money.
All sounds good from a “moral” standard

but if someone is willing to put people up in game why would that be a problem?

image is everything to some, but can we not pretend that people don’t listen to a disheveled looking person with the way out.

There is a disconnect that needs to be fixed.

often times it’s not about money per se, but about the growth and wanting more thats the problem.

Is it wrong to want a society where even the poorest can get access to the same things as anybody else?
It’s not wrong.
But de need to be realistic about who we dealing with.

if the “dominate” society doesn’t want you to have more but someone who looks like you tells you how to game the system to get more.....what’s the issue?

Without reading the whole thread I hope the general consensus is fuck that quote and everything it stands for.

Also it's worth noting that this drivel was created by this guy

Gabriele Entrepreneur Designer

Digital Creator
Owner of @learn2earnit
Always against "GURUS"
I teach entrepreneurs how to grow on Instagram
Follow if you want to grow your IG business

Mr "I teach entrepreneurs how to grow on Instagram" has a whopping:
Fuck that guy and his little attempted MLM scheme.

Most the wealthy people you see didn’t become wealthy out of hard work, a lot of them already came from money. The started in a garage shit is a lie.

the greatest lie is convincing the poor they can become just like the rich, while robbing them blind.

wealthy don’t even pay taxes, they playing a game You will never pay no matter how much you “invest”.

You're right that you can learn before that through observation but when it comes to money management the best experience is usually first hand. Like you can watch somebody handle some money but until that money and what needs to be done with it is a decision that lies on your shoulders you gain a whole different perspective.

I also didn't say that someone would be learning from a mistake. I specifically said that poor people tend to already know alot of the things people say they need to be taught about finances because they've lived their lives having to budget and make money stretch to cover more than some would be able to. They may not know all the technical terms that are specific to the finance industry or investors but they damn sure can tell you how to shop for a weeks worth of meals on a limited budget. Yes knowledge is a resource but as DMX told us in Belly "shorty can't eat no books." So that knowledge to do better, while important, without the actual financial means to do better means little to nothing at a certain point.
I didn't say you said it was mistake, just using the old adage to further my point. The line from Belly don't apply singularly because knowledge doesn't come from books alone, as you stated experience gained is knowledge, but it will also come from teaching and/or observation. Having the knowledge in your mental is like having insurance it'll be needed at some point. Even if not you, passing it down to your kids or their kids is profound endeavor

More like the poor are poor because they can't afford to save or invest.

And yet there's no shortage of iPhones, Gucci belts, and other high-dollar items in the hood.

I live in the hood now, niggas is po'-poor outchea, and yet these same muhfuckas that's getting boxes of food from Three Square and food pantries, got EBT, and waiting on unemployment deposits every week stay dipped in fresh gear, pushing cars with notes on 'em, and got new iPhones.

SOME, not all, but SOME poor folks have the money to save/invest but would rather spend it on meaningless material possessions that will never help their bottom line.

And yet there's no shortage of iPhones, Gucci belts, and other high-dollar items in the hood.

I live in the hood now, niggas is po'-poor outchea, and yet these same muhfuckas that's getting boxes of food from Three Square and food pantries, got EBT, and waiting on unemployment deposits every week stay dipped in fresh gear, pushing cars with notes on 'em, and got new iPhones.

SOME, not all, but SOME poor folks have the money to save/invest but would rather spend it on meaningless material possessions that will never help their bottom line.

I agree. It’s a high % of folks like that too.

It’s not wrong.
But de need to be realistic about who we dealing with.

if the “dominate” society doesn’t want you to have more but someone who looks like you tells you how to game the system to get more.....what’s the issue?

kill the dominate society

You can put an iPhone on a payment plan. I know you don't think people are paying all out for phones when they first get them. Same with a car which depending on where you live may be a necessity as not everyone lives near consistent or reliable public transportation. Having a couple nice items doesn't mean you aren't still poor and being poor doesn't mean you should never be able to have or enjoy something others consider a luxury item. Thats that ol right wing "bootstraps" bullshit again that always manages to pop up whenever finances get discussed here

You can put an iPhone on a payment plan. I know you don't think people are paying all out for phones when they first get them. Same with a car which depending on where you live may be a necessity as not everyone lives near consistent or reliable public transportation. Having a couple nice items doesn't mean you aren't still poor and being poor doesn't mean you should never be able to have or enjoy something others consider a luxury item. Thats that ol right wing "bootstraps" bullshit again that always manages to pop up whenever finances get discussed here
Or maybe it’s a ....
Instead of getting a new phone....let me tell you how you can make enough to buy it outright and relieve yourself of the debt and interest you about to pay.
You can save money and make money at the same damn time.

That victim mentality gets old pretty quick. Too many opportunities for people nowadays to be crying about always being broke. The worker shortage is a great example. No one wants to put the work in. Everyone wants to be an overnight celebrity. Shout out to Twista!

So you're saying if you are poor in America, its your fault and theres no possible reason to be poor in American, other than someone's laziness?

Ball players are rich, team owners are wealthy

Nah, there are rich and wealthy ball players.

Difference between the two. You can go from rich to poor... (Hammer, Antoine Walker), but wealthy never stops, its perpetual, it will always come in
For the record, Hammer went from wealthy to rich. Homie never moved back to the hood and had to get a 9-5. He went from a giant gated mansion in the hills of LA or some shit, to a big house somewhere else.

Or maybe it’s a ....
Instead of getting a new phone....let me tell you how you can make enough to buy it outright and relieve yourself of the debt and interest you about to pay.
You can save money and make money at the same damn time.

Even people with money don't buy their phones outright. And yes you can save money and make money but again that requires disposable income which if you're poor you rarely if ever have.

Back