Welcome To aBlackWeb

I Believe In God....But...

Biology does that, like I said before

...But it doesn't...That's why I brought up the big bang...That's as far back as science goes...But after that nobody can explain how it happened, or why, or what was before that...So an unexplainable thing just randomly happened...And then, that led to us...

At the first bolded...There are mad people in the bible who get killed over petty shit...Example, he killed 42 people randomly for makin fun of Elisha's bald head:

2 Kings 2:23

And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
2 Kings 2:24

And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tore forty and two children of them.

To the second bolded...Please explain to me when babies sin...

Elisha was the representative of God at the time though. Mocking him was like mocking God. And it didn't say babies, it said children. You can still believe children being killed is fucked up, but those verse say it was the children that were doing the mocking, so asking when they sinned or trying to paint them as innocent babies kinda misses the point of the story.

Anyway, I wasn't saying that God never killed anyone over something that we may believe is petty. I was saying that it wasn't the petty stuff that had him ready to destroy humanity. Also keep in mind that in the Old Testament, the children of Israel were basically in a constant state of wrongdoing. So shit God did might have seemed petty, but that's only when you ignore the fact that that petty shit was like 100th thing that week that they did wrong.

Elisha was the representative of God at the time though. Mocking him was like mocking God. And it didn't say babies, it said children. You can still believe children being killed is fucked up, but those verse say it was the children that were doing the mocking, so asking when they sinned or trying to paint them as innocent babies kinda misses the point of the story.

Anyway, I wasn't saying that God never killed anyone over something that we may believe is petty. I was saying that it wasn't the petty stuff that had him ready to destroy humanity. Also keep in mind that in the Old Testament, the children of Israel were basically in a constant state of wrongdoing. So shit God did might have seemed petty, but that's only when you ignore the fact that that petty shit was like 100th thing that week that they did wrong.

The bolded makes God sound like a sensitive dude that can dish it but can't take it, even though he's the reason we have the ability to mock him in the first place...But naw, when I say babies, I'm talmbout in real erday life...Explain how babies born with fatal diseases or mental illness or unstable households did anything sinful to deserve that suffering...

And thats it in a nutshell

God made us beings with emotion and thought not robots

The book of Genesis describes how the first humans (led by the woman) fell foul of God's statuette of limitations to prevent suffering on Earth...

Okay, but that seems foul...Think about it from your perspective...If you created something and gave it the ability to turn on you...Why would you punish it when it inevitably turns on you?...Why not just create something that won't turn, or take away all reasons for it to turn?

The bolded makes God sound like a sensitive dude that can dish it but can't take it, even though he's the reason we have the ability to mock him in the first place...But naw, when I say babies, I'm talmbout in real erday life...Explain how babies born with fatal diseases or mental illness or unstable households did anything sinful to deserve that suffering...

I wouldn't say that. God is the supreme being. He has the right to demand respect from his creation. I don't think that makes him petty. That makes him sovereign, which he is.

Also, you're arguing from the standpoint that every bad thing that happens is direct punishment for something someone has done. I don't believe that is the case. We live in a chaotic world where all manner of things happen to all manner of people. God originally put man in Eden, but man failed to live up to the rules for existence here, so we're here. Yes, bad things happen to good people, but that is not God just being evil to people for no reason. That's just life in the world that we live and we live in this world because of our tendency towards sin.

I wouldn't say that. God is the supreme being. He has the right to demand respect from his creation. I don't think that makes him petty. That makes him sovereign, which he is.

Also, you're arguing from the standpoint that every bad thing that happens is direct punishment for something someone has done. I don't believe that is the case. We live in a chaotic world where all manner of things happen to all manner of people. God originally put man in Eden, but man failed to live up to the rules for existence here, so we're here. Yes, bad things happen to good people, but that is not God just being evil to people for no reason. That's just life in the world that we live and we live in this world because of our tendency towards sin.

Naw, I'm just goin off when you said...

according to the Bible, sin is what is to blame for our misery, not God.

...And...

when I say people go against God's will, I'm talking about sinning. Everybody sins.

....So based off that, I brought up babies who are born suffering because as far as we know they haven't done anything sinful at all...They haven't exercised any free will yet...But if we're gonna settle for accepting the fact that it's just a chaotic world and bad things happen to good people, okay...Seems like another dick move to put us in a place like this, but okay...

Okay, but that seems foul...Think about it from your perspective...If you created something and gave it the ability to turn on you...Why would you punish it when it inevitably turns on you?...Why not just create something that won't turn, or take away all reasons for it to turn?

Trust and obey

If you grew up under a two parent structure as a child, I'm quite sure you got a whopping from a parent who told you not to do something but you went and did it anyway?

Sometimes it pays to follow instructions... Just like doing DIY...if you don't follow the instructions... No chance bro

Hope yall ain't takin the bible literal, it's a parable

I mean, living inside a whale (or big fish) for 3 days lol

This. You can believe in God without letting the bible gas you. HIS WORD ain't written.

...But it doesn't...That's why I brought up the big bang...That's as far back as science goes...But after that nobody can explain how it happened, or why, or what was before that...So an unexplainable thing just randomly happened...And then, that led to us...

You said the creation of humans.

That has nothing to do with the Big Bang or the creation of the universe.

If you think both those things happened around the same time, I really don’t know what to tell you.

You said the creation of humans.

That has nothing to do with the Big Bang or the creation of the universe.

If you think both those things happened around the same time, I really don’t know what to tell you.

Huh?...No I don't think they happened at the same time...

If you tell me humans evolved from whatever, the next logical question is "Okay, where did that thing come from?"...That line of questioning goes as far back as the big bang...That's where scientist believe everything that makes the universe started...But something had to cause that, and they don't know what...So whether you wanna be religious or scientific, something created all of this...It's literally illogical to believe it all came from nothing, so in some form or another there has to be a "God"....

Huh?...No I don't think they happened at the same time...

If you tell me humans evolved from whatever, the next logical question is "Okay, where did that thing come from?"...That line of questioning goes as far back as the big bang...That's where scientist believe everything that makes the universe started...But something had to cause that, and they don't know what...So whether you wanna be religious or scientific, something created all of this...It's literally illogical to believe it all came from nothing, so in some form or another there has to be a "God"....

You keep talking about “illogical” but I’m not sure you know the meaning of the word.

Yes we know something happened. But to say it HAS to be God, is extremely illogical. There’s absolutely no evidence for it.

We know mass can neither be created nor destroyed, so the Big Bang was likely the result of a chemical reaction or something similar that converted pre-existing matter into what is now the universe.

Time as we know it may have really no beginning or end.

You keep talking about “illogical” but I’m not sure you know the meaning of the word.

Yes we know something happened. But to say it HAS to be God, is extremely illogical. There’s absolutely no evidence for it.

We know mass can neither be created nor destroyed, so the Big Bang was likely the result of a chemical reaction or something similar that converted pre-existing matter into what is now the universe.

Time as we know it may have really no beginning or end.

Yes, there HAS to be some form of "God"...When I say that, Ion mean the dude from the bible or whatever other text has to be it, I have no idea what God is...But there has to be something that created all the things you know to exist..The evidence is that nothing comes from nothing...If you say the big bang was the result of a chemical reaction, where did the chemicals come from?....Nobody knows...And personally, I don't think we can know until we die and our energy gets released from the constrains it has on it now....

Yes, there HAS to be some form of "God"...When I say that, Ion mean the dude from the bible or whatever other text has to be it, I have no idea what God is...But there has to be something that created all the things you know to exist..The evidence is that nothing comes from nothing...If you say the big bang was the result of a chemical reaction, where did the chemicals come from?....Nobody knows...And personally, I don't think we can know until we die and our energy gets released from the constrains it has on it now....

You die on your hill I’ll die on mine

At the first bolded...There are mad people in the bible who get killed over petty shit...Example, he killed 42 people randomly for makin fun of Elisha's bald head:

2 Kings 2:23

And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
2 Kings 2:24

And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tore forty and two children of them.

To the second bolded...Please explain to me when babies sin...

They weren't babies, it's essentially a weird translation but the words used "qatan na'ar" or "little children" describes people young in age, stature, importance or status. There's several accounts in the Bible that describes "qatan" like Jacob's youngest son Benjamin and even Saul, so based on the scriptural evidence they weren't exactly children. Na'ar is also used several times throughout the Bible like Absalom when he was leading a civil war and Joseph when he was 17, so "little children" describes someone who may be young and immature not actual children or babies.

First, we have to understand the context: Elisha was traveling to Bethel, which was a city that was rife with idol worship but still contained God fearing people and if we know anything about God, worshipping false idols is like public enemy number one. Elijah was just taken up by God and delivered him to heaven with a whirlwind so it was on Elisha to deliver Israel, but he hadn't yet established enough credibility with his people.

Elisha's mission was to rescue people from their sinful ways and their evil practices so that God would be exalted above all. As Elisha approached Bethel 42 "little children" came out and mocked Elisha telling him "go up bald head, go up bald head".

Having a bald head back then was considered a blemish among the Israelites. Telling Elisha to "go up" meant they were old enough to understand the events around them. This was in reference to Elijah being taken up to heaven, and again this city worshipped idols so they were testing God's authority. It was more about challenging God than it was about Elisha's being mocked since God had just appointed him to take Elijah's place.

You don't play with God and publicly He showed them and everyone who beared witness (no pun) that His message was very serious. Additionally, their false idols who they worshipped above God failed to protect them.

I believe in God and doing the right thing. I feel like religious books though are filled with allegory and some facts. But like Fables it’s about the moral

Back