Welcome To aBlackWeb

I Believe In God....But...

Im not even saying there wasnt a being that created humans. Cause again when you look at how big the universe is, there can easily be beings that created humans on earth and then moved on.

But the whole god and satan, the whole sending his son to die for us, the whole keeping track of good deeds vs. bad deeds, the whole keeping track of how much we praise him and the reward vs punishment, that makes no sense.

And if that being really is out there doing all this its like bruh whats the point man? Shits crazy.
I grew up christian and go thru these same thoughts. If i was born in a diff country would i ride as hard for a diff religion that was dominant from my hypothetical environment?

So with that said i can still be active in understanding the message the text (bible) is trying to portray though ultimately religion is man made but i can still sometimes see ppls misunderstanding or attempts at misconstruing.

But i cant or wont ever talk down someone elses (dis)belief

...He/She/It is kind of a dick, right?

...I mean, why do we really have to suffer through all this pain and confusion?...If you read the bible fully, it's basically like God constantly makes things He's disappointed with, punishes them because he's disappointed, and flexes his power on his creations...Of course there's more to it than that and I'm not knocking the positives of belief....And I get the whole "everything is for a reason" and "we can't understand His will" arguments....But Iono, this existence seems sadistic....

...What y'all think we gain outta this in the end?

To think God owes you anything or that you could comprehend what his line of thinking is is hilariously stupid.

We inherit sin because it became the nature of humans. They separated themselves (humanity) from God at the moment of disobedience.

Who was created before A&E?
...Genesis 1...
[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
[27] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
[28] And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
….Followed in Genesis 2 by...
[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
[8] And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
...So, some version of man and woman had already been created in God's image before this single man that was placed in the Garden of Eden….Then God makes a woman from the body of that man...

[18] And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
[19] And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
[20] And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
[21] And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
[22] And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
[23] And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

[24] Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
[25] And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
…So, Adam and Eve and all their descendants were separate from the original set of man and woman that God created in His image...This is supported later on in Genesis 6, when it's revealed that angels(sons of God) were having sex with a separate group of people and creating giants...God didn't like this and decided to kill everybody in the flood except Noah and his family...
[4] There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
[5] And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
[6] And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
[7] And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

One of the most profound things to me in the Bible has always been John 3:12

"I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?"

We don't want to believe there's an hierarchical order but there is

Gen 1 and Gen 2 are the same account. Gen 1 explains the creations, Gen 2 goes in depth. He didn’t created anyone else before Adam or Eve.

Man, I recently read the whole bible again last month...And on a certain level, the Job story pissed me off so bad...Cause why?...Satan rolls through and tries you so you fuck this nigga whole life up?...He fixed it later, but only cause Job stayed true, which is commendable as fuck cause the average person woulda folded...So I guess, don't fold under pressure...But why introduce the pressure in the first place?
He didn't fix anything if god was truly god jobs original family wouldn't have died in the first place. Job didn't really happen it's just a poem.

Gen 1 and Gen 2 are the same account. Gen 1 explains the creations, Gen 2 goes in depth. He didn’t created anyone else before Adam or Eve.

They clearly not the same though, lol...

...In one instance...Man and woman are created at the same time, in God's image, on the 6th day...This man and woman are given strict orders of what to do...Then on the 7th day God rests...That group and their descendants take dominion over all the land and multiply...And they even start to fuck angels until God gets fed up...

...In the other instance...A man is created, from dirt, by himself...That man is then placed in one specific Garden...The man then names some animals...Then the man is put to sleep, a rib is taken out of him, and a woman is made from the flesh of his flesh and the blood of his blood...These two are given strict orders of what they are not to do, God walks among them in the garden, and they are innocent...When they do what they were told not to do, they are cast out from the garden...As their family story goes on, you get to Cain and Abel...Cain is scared that "others" in the land are going to kill him...Who would be out there to kill him if nobody exists besides the direct descendants of Adam and Eve that were named up until that point?...The tree keeps going until you reach Noah and his family, who are the only humans God sees fit to save from the flood...

One of the most profound things to me in the Bible has always been John 3:12

"I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?"

We don't want to believe there's an hierarchical order but there is

I believe there is one...I just don't understand why they allow us to suffer if they don't have to...

They clearly not the same though, lol...

...In one instance...Man and woman are created at the same time, in God's image, on the 6th day...This man and woman are given strict orders of what to do...Then on the 7th day God rests...That group and their descendants take dominion over all the land and multiply...And they even start to fuck angels until God gets fed up...

...In the other instance...A man is created, from dirt, by himself...That man is then placed in one specific Garden...The man then names some animals...Then the man is put to sleep, a rib is taken out of him, and a woman is made from the flesh of his flesh and the blood of his blood...These two are given strict orders of what they are not to do, God walks among them in the garden, and they are innocent...When they do what they were told not to do, they are cast out from the garden...As their family story goes on, you get to Cain and Abel...Cain is scared that "others" in the land are going to kill him...Who would be out there to kill him if nobody exists besides the direct descendants of Adam and Eve that were named up until that point?...The tree keeps going until you reach Noah and his family, who are the only humans God sees fit to save from the flood...

They’re the same.

In Gen 1 you get a generalization of the creation.

In Gen 2 you get a detailed version.

They’re not different and you won’t find any Biblical scholars who would agree w you.

The man and woman in Gen 1 are Adam and Eve, they did have dominion over them, in Gen 2 Adam names them. It’s the same account. I challenge you to research this instead of relying on your own understanding. Scripturally you will not find anything that backs up what you’re saying.

@RaptureSoonUgoing?

To be honest, this is the first time I’m hearing of two separate accounts of human creation. Even those who are unbelievers haven’t said this. They said that the order of creation is wrong and is contradicting but not the creation of beings.

They’re the same.

In Gen 1 you get a generalization of the creation.

In Gen 2 you get a detailed version.

They’re not different and you won’t find any Biblical scholars who would agree w you.

The man and woman in Gen 1 are Adam and Eve, they did have dominion over them, in Gen 2 Adam names them. It’s the same account. I challenge you to research this instead of relying on your own understanding. Scripturally you will not find anything that backs up what you’re saying.

@RaptureSoonUgoing?

Hey man...I'm just reading the words in the book...They seem pretty simple to comprehend...However you wanna look at it, forcing the whole world to suffer because Adam and Eve fucked up with the free will God chose to gave them is...A dick move...Is it not?

...So is wiping out all of humanity except a few because they fucked the angels who you let roam the earth...Or making your chosen people roam the desert for 400 years after being slaves...Or testing a dude to see if he would kill his son...Or killing the first born of a whole nation of people...Or having a dude's brothers jump him and leave him for dead...Or...The whole Jesus thing...It all seems sadistic...

To be honest, this is the first time I’m hearing of two separate accounts of human creation. Even those who are unbelievers haven’t said this. They said that the order of creation is wrong and is contradicting but not the creation of beings.

Yeah, if you read it...The first book says what God did on each of the first 7 days...Then the second book picks up from there and starts the story of Adam and Eve and all their descendants...

Parts of genesis were written by different people before being compiled together so it makes sense for there to be inconsistencies.

Hey man...I'm just reading the words in the book...They seem pretty simple to comprehend...However you wanna look at it, forcing the whole world to suffer because Adam and Eve fucked up with the free will God chose to gave them is...A dick move...Is it not?

...So is wiping out all of humanity except a few because they fucked the angels who you let roam the earth...Or making your chosen people roam the desert for 400 years after being slaves...Or testing a dude to see if he would kill his son...Or killing the first born of a whole nation of people...Or having a dude's brothers jump him and leave him for dead...Or...The whole Jesus thing...It all seems sadistic...

I’ll get back to all this as best as I can starting later tonight... headed out in a bit, so my time is really constrained... liking this thread.. good stuff to help anyone, including myself..

Parts of genesis were written by different people before being compiled together so it makes sense for there to be inconsistencies.

The books that were supposedly left out interest me too...I had started to read Enoch once, I think I'll get back to that tomorrow...

Back