Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
No its not biased, the consensus says the same... He is the most unskilled out the 3 by far... His footwork is trash, he rushes in and throws terrible, wild shots... He has gotten away with his equalising power, which is admits... I sure I even heard him say somewhere not so long ago he wants to re learn the basics or something, because he never really leant them...
like i said he is a big ass Andre Berto

he has had Mark Breland in his corner for years.. thats on him.. Lennox had his ear too
early in his career he was much of the same without any jab at all he still bows to his tendencies though..

he still beats every current heavy weight, lol

if he's not #1 on your list u buggin

like i said he is a big ass Andre Berto

he has had Mark Breland in his corner for years.. thats on him.. Lennox had his ear too
early in his career he was much of the same without any jab at all he still bows to his tendencies though..

I didnt like he got that other dude in his corner recently, I thought that was strange and Mark sort of floated in and out... I believe you should only have one trainer, because in between rounds you need one voice in your ear... The exception being someone like Angelo Dundee with SRL...

Mark Breland was a great fighter but I dont know much about his career as trainer, he trained Vernon Forrest for a while I know that...

I didnt like he got that other dude in his corner recently, I thought that was strange and Mark sort of floated in and out... I believe you should only have one trainer, because in between rounds you need one voice in your ear... The exception being someone like Angelo Dundee with SRL...

Mark Breland was a great fighter but I dont know much about his career as trainer, he trained Vernon Forrest for a while I know that...
I cant really speak on it with certainty either but to me the greatest skill is self assessment....

i find it amazing how boxing works though...

purses:

Efe Ajagba $8000
Amir Mansour $25,000

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/26895934/promoter-says-joshua-ruiz-rematch-triggered

Promoter says Joshua-Ruiz rematch triggered

LONDON -- Anthony Joshua's promoter says a rematch will take place between the British fighter and new world heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr.

Eddie Hearn says on Twitter that the contracted rematch clause was triggered Tuesday following talks with Joshua, his management team and his trainer, Rob McCracken.

Hearn says "the fight will take place in (November or December) at a venue to be confirmed shortly."

Ruiz Jr.'s camp has not confirmed that the Mexican boxer has agreed to the fight.

Joshua fell to the first loss of his professional career when he was stopped by Ruiz Jr. in the seventh round at Madison Square Garden in New York at the weekend.

Ruiz Jr. now owns the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO belts.

https://www.boxingscene.com/anthony-joshua-exercises-rematch-clause-andy-ruiz-sequel--139683

The bout came four months after Ruiz’s first title shot, falling just short versus then-unbeaten Joseph Parker in their Dec. 2016 vacant title fight. The bout was his last for more than a year before resurfacing last March, scoring a pair of tune-up wins in the first part of 2018 before breaking free from longtime promoter Top Rank. He did so with the assistance of powerful adviser Al Haymon, with whom he signed in joining his Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) stable earlier this year.

Ruiz’s PBC debut came in April, scoring a 5th round knockout of Alexander Dimitrenko—similar in height and weight to Joshua—live on free-to-air Fox in primetime. Taking a short notice bout versus Joshua was a concern on the surface, but Ruiz was coming off the right style matchup to enter such a fight.

With Tuesday’s announcement, the newly crowned unified heavyweight titlist will get the chance to prove he can do it twice in a row—while Joshua looks to show what he can do with a full training camp against an originally scheduled opponent.

Wherever the fight lands geographically, it will stream live on DAZN as was the case this past weekend. Saturday’s show was the third-most viewed boxing event on the platform since expanding to the US market last September. Additionally, highlights of the fight have already generated more than 7.3 million impressions on DAZN’s YouTube channel.

wilder is an olympic bronze medalist..

to call him unskilled is biased if i ever saw one

Stop Du. Wilder lacks skills and fundamentals. Saying that isn't saying he is a bum but its just something he lacks.

One of the HW champs of the world at 30something years old shouldn't still be throwing windmill punches like some ratchet bitches in a fight in an alley somewhere.

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-on-hearn-classless-quip-i-feel-same-way-about-him--139698

Wilder On Hearn 'Classless' Quip: I Feel The Same Way About Him
By Jake Donovan

Whereas most in the industry offered words of encouragement in longtime rival Anthony Joshua’s darkest professional hour, Deontay Wilder chose to pour gasoline on the flames.

The unbeaten heavyweight titlist had plenty to say about Joshua’s shocking 7th round knockout loss to Andy Ruiz, immediately taking to social media shortly after witnessing one of the biggest upsets in heavyweight title fight history.

Most chose to acknowledge Ruiz’s feat, becoming the first boxer ever of Mexican descent to claim a piece of the heavyweight throne. Wilder would eventually get around to congratulating the newly crowned unified heavyweight titlist, but not before disparaging the exiting champ.

“He wasn’t a true champion,” Wilder (41-0-1, 40KOs) tweeted mere moments after England’s Joshua was ruled unfit to continue following the fourth knockdown of Saturday’s fight at New York City’s famed Madison Square Garden. “His whole career [has] consisted of lies, contradictions and gifts.

“Facts and now we know who was running from who!”

The last line was in regards to the two chasing one another for the better part of the past two years. A clash of unbeaten heavyweights in their respective primes for the undisputed heavyweight championship is the type of fight that could have soared the sport to new heights—or actually old ones, to a time when boxing was second only to Major League Baseball in overall popularity.

That dream burst in flames once referee Michael Griffith ruled that Joshua—who remained in a neutral corner upon being instructed to continue—was unfit to proceed, stopping the fight midway through round seven. It was a United States debut to forget for the Brit, one which ended in the worst way possible if you ask the division’s sole remaining unbeaten titlist.

“The worst thing you can do in life is [f]u***** [q]uit,” Wilder exclaimed.

His social media posts eventually shared with Joshua’s team, including promoter Eddie Hearn—who to his credit stuck around and didn’t offer any excuses in answering every last question. Included among them, his thoughts on Wilder’s post-fight reaction.

“Deontay Wilder has zero class for kicking Joshua while he is down,” Hearn told reporters after Saturday’s fight.

The retort didn’t at all seem to faze his intended target, other than doubling down on his original statement.

“I feel the same way about him,” Wilder said of Hearn when read back the promoter’s “classless” claim during a recent segment of Sirius XM At The Fights. “He’s been classless the whole time. That’s why the fight never happened. Of course… his guy getting beat, he’s gonna wish bad on me. That’s natural. In life, people have wished bad things on me. That don’t mean nothing to me.

“Hopefully this can be a lesson learned for (Hearn). He allowed the biggest fight in the world to not happen. He allowed Joshua to miss out on $50 million. I told Joshua that personally. I told him, you’re going to regret allowing someone to dictate your career.”

Despite Saturday’s loss and the two heading in different directions—Joshua enforcing his rematch clause to once again face Ruiz (33-1, 22KOs) later this year, while Wilder loaded up with rematches of his own versus Luis Ortiz (31-1, 26KOs) and unbeaten Tyson Fury (27-0-1, 19KOs), there remains hope of a Wilder-Joshua clash one day coming to fruition.

It just won’t happen under present circumstances or at all mirror past negotiations.

“I blame it on (Hearn),” Wilder insists of the fight not yet happening. “Why this fight didn’t happen… because that could’ve been me (instead of Ruiz). They knew that. He could’ve had a loss on his record a long time ago.

“I’m going to be a champion for a long time I still go on. Hearn is going to be salty. May God be with him. Hopefully Joshua will come up and… I advise him to find somebody else.”

Big PED Baby in his first interview says he not making excuses but yet he has a whole lot excuses about how those PEDs got in his system...

Miller ain't fooling anyone. He has most likely been on HGH and EPO for most part of his career.

https://www.boxingscene.com/andy-ruiz-team-joshua-im-champ-i-call-shots-now--139729

Andy Ruiz To Team Joshua: I'm The Champ, I Call The Shots Now

Andy Ruiz will not allow himself to get treated like the B-side in the ongoing negotiations for the rematch with Anthony Joshua.

On Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City, Ruiz pulled off a massive upset when he stopped Joshua in the seventh round to capture the WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO world heavyweight titles.

Ruiz dropped Joshua four times in the contest, before the referee waved off the contest.

On Tuesday, Joshua officially activated his immediate rematch clause.

So far there has been a lot of talk from Joshua and his handlers, regarding where and when the contest will take place.

At the moment, Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn is looking to stage the fight in the UK, on a date in November or December.

Ruiz is open to going to the UK, but he would rather have it in America or Mexico.

"I’m willing to go over there or if he’s wants to come over here… we’re still in negotiations. Have it here in America? I agree. Or in Mexico," Ruiz said.

"I have the upper advantage right now. I know that's what (Hearn) says (about UK rematch). As long as I talk to Al Haymon and my team, we're going to figure it out where. It really doesn't matter where, as long as we get back in the ring if we show the fans what they want to see. I'd love to have it [in New York] or in LA. I have to look at the contract. I'm the champion. I call the shots now. So we're going to see what happens."

Haymon guides the career of Ruiz and also guides the WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder. If Ruiz wins the rematch, he then could collide with Wilder in a full division unification.

Wilder lacks skills and fundamentals
biased bullshit..

you don't become multiple world champion with no skills or fundamentals......

just because he's unorthodox doesn't mean he lacks skills or fundamentals..

again.. olympic boxer, world champion, dude has the skills and the fundamentals.... he just throws from unexpected angles....

when nigaz like roy jones did it, no one said he lacked fundenatlas.. roy sused to cross niggaz up in the ring.....then punch them,

shit wasn't normal....but it didn't mean the nigga lacked fundamentals...

Wilder has crazy skill and fundamentals, he just sees openings other people don't see, and moves accordingly.....even if it looks crazy.....

but to say the man lacks skill is an insult to him, everyone he beat, and the sport in general

you don't make it to the top of this sport with no skill....

biased bullshit..

you don't become multiple world champion with no skills or fundamentals......

just because he's unorthodox doesn't mean he lacks skills or fundamentals..

again.. olympic boxer, world champion, dude has the skills and the fundamentals.... he just throws from unexpected angles....

when nigaz like roy jones did it, no one said he lacked fundenatlas.. roy sused to cross niggaz up in the ring.....then punch them,

shit wasn't normal....but it didn't mean the nigga lacked fundamentals...

Wilder has crazy skill and fundamentals, he just sees openings other people don't see, and moves accordingly.....even if it looks crazy.....

but to say the man lacks skill is an insult to him, everyone he beat, and the sport in general

you don't make it to the top of this sport with no skill....

You bullshitting right now but I'll entertain it. I don't believe I said he has "NO" skills or fundamentals. I said Wilders "lacks" them meaning some is there but its very minimal amounts of both.

Wilder ain't a multiple world champ. All he has is the WBC belt. With all the cheap ass belts out there somebody being a multiple champ doesn't hold the same weight as it did back in the day. Prime example of this is folks calling Thurman vs Manny a unification. How the fuck is it a unification when both hold the same organization belt(WBA) Thurman 147 WBA "Super" champ & Manny 147 WBA "regular" champ. Get that bullshit the fuck outta here.

Ricardo Mayorga multiple champ had no skills or fundamentals. Margarito multiple champ no skill or fundamentals.

Plenty of people said Roy lacked fundamentals and they used that as the reason he kept losing late in his career after his athleticism had faded. Poor example to use to prove your point. I don't agree with that point about Roy but folks still said it.

You need to reevaluate your stance here cause the shit you saying was easily debunked off the top of my head. If I actually researched I would crush your point of view.

Wilder has what you can't teach which is power and some speed.

Skilled and fundamental fighters don't do the shit Wilder does on a consistent basis.

Back