Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
bruh... unless you stepped in the ring and got pieced up by an amatuer who will never go pro, it's kinda hard to look at anyone in the championship picture and say these niggaz have no skills or fundamentlas...

just cuz the shit ain't pretty doesn't mean they don't know what they doing out there..

roy was still an olympic calibre fighter...

put any of those men in the ring with someone who TRULY lacks fundamentals.. they gonna be food...which was normally the case....

all those men you mentioned had a history of ruing people who lacked skill.. just cuz shit ugly and unorthodox doesn't mean it lacks skill.....

it still takes skill and an understanding of the fundamentals to do what they do

briggs funny, but wilder would drop his silly ass too

True and you dont have to be skilled fighter to win/ be great(he aint great) or attain belts..

you just have to beat the guy in front of you.. especially at heavyweight

Wait, DU youre comparing RJJ to Wilder, breda???

:dfbruh:

When did you see Roy pull of this masterful piece of unorthodox boxing wizardry??? I guess tripping over your own feet is a good display of footwork...

'Wilder has crazy skill and fundamentals, he just sees openings other people don't see, and moves accordingly.....even if it looks crazy.....'

:hahaha:

i'm looking at those highlights, and dude is actually completely loading up on punches that would easily drop niggaz if they connected....

it's very difficult to load up like he is doing from those angles, yet he does it...

he missed badly, ... but he wasn't far off.. and it lets guys know that they really have to be on guard for punches they can expect, and punched they don't expect......

the fact that he won each of those fights points to the fact that me ain't miss the whole night

he knocked the dude the fuck out tho.....

like.. yea he missed a few times, but he ain't miss the whole night.. he damn near killed him when he connected

Wait, DU youre comparing RJJ to Wilder, breda???

:dfbruh:

When did you see Roy pull of this masterful piece of unorthodox boxing wizardry??? I guess tripping over your own feet is a good display of footwork...

'Wilder has crazy skill and fundamentals, he just sees openings other people don't see, and moves accordingly.....even if it looks crazy.....'

:hahaha:

Bro, you are really trying hard with Wilder... He has crazy power, no one doubts that... Most of the time he doesnt even generate it from the hips and legs like most fighters, he just throws his arms out and drops people... Thats why he is dangerous from the 1st to the 12th round... Thats why he will always have a punchers chance in a fight, but Fury who is imo the HW Roy Jones should have already put a L to his name...

i'm looking at those highlights, and dude is actually completely loading up on punches that would easily drop niggaz if they connected....

it's very difficult to load up like he is doing from those angles, yet he does it...

he missed badly, ... but he wasn't far off.. and it lets guys know that they really have to be on guard for punches they can expect, and punched they don't expect......

the fact that he won each of those fights points to the fact that me ain't miss the whole night

Nigga some fundamental shit all boxers are taught is DON'T let me repeat DON'T load up on punches and Wilder does it non-stop.

Wilder ain't throwing from weird angles. His fool ass is loading up on punches with his feet parallel to each. Which is why he be falling all over the place when he misses those punches.

That is shit he does every fight which proves my point that he lacks fundamentals.

I think niggas cross over into disrespect with Wilder too easy instead of appreciating him.

The Wladimir Joshua fought would’ve got his ass put to sleep by Wilder. Wilder showed he could stay behind the 1,2 in the first Stiverne fight and beat the prime out of dude. Klit slowed down before he ever stepped in the ring with Tyson Fury and that’s a fact. Then he sat on the shelf after that fight.

Is he as skilled as most top dudes technically, nah. Was Margarito? Paul Williams? He one of the greatest punchers to ever step foot inside a boxing ring. And that’s w/o even showing what he could do with a left hook in his arsenal but whatever gets the job done

Dudes questioning his heart cause he wouldn’t move on Joshua command after he tried to make the fight. He signed on to fight the same Russian(can’t think of his name right now, no glory for cheaters) and lost the purse bid so had to fight in Russia and dude cheated

Anyway Hurd imo about to make a mistake and leave his trainer. Unified champ leaving his corner after his first L. If he do that and fight J Rock next, I’m putting money on the KO and idc who he go to.

https://www.boxingscene.com/gervonta-davis-vs-ricardo-nunez-made-official-july-27--139751

Gervonta Davis vs. Ricardo Nunez Made Official For July 27

Two-time super featherweight champion and Baltimore-native Gervonta “Tank” Davis will defend his WBA title in a championship homecoming against mandatory challenger Ricardo “Cientifíco” Núñez Saturday, July 27 live on SHOWTIME from Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore in an event presented by Premier Boxing Champions.

SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT and will feature the youngest reigning American world champion in Davis, as he becomes the first world champion from Baltimore to make a homecoming defense in nearly 80 years.

Tickets for the event, which is promoted by Mayweather Promotions and TGB Promotions, are on sale tomorrow, Friday, June 7 at 12 p.m. ET and can be purchased at Ticketmaster.com or at the Royal Farms Box Office Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. ET to 5 p.m. ET.

“Bringing a show to Baltimore for Gervonta to perform on a stage in front of his hometown fans has been a long-time ask from him and I’m glad it’s coming to fruition,” said Leonard Ellerbe, CEO of Mayweather Promotions. “The timing that his homecoming is taking place couldn’t be better with him having elevated his career to being the most exciting fighter in the sport and ready to give his hometown fans a treat this summer. July 27 at Royal Farms Arena will be something special for the city of Baltimore.”

“At just 24 years old, Gervonta Davis is already one of the biggest stars in boxing, and his drawing power continues to grow with each performance,” said Stephen Espinoza, President, Sports and Event Programming, Showtime Networks Inc. “He has scored knockouts in each of his five consecutive appearances on SHOWTIME while thrilling fans with his theatrics in and out of the ring. For his next test, Gervonta is facing an opponent with a similarly impressive knockout ratio in Ricardo Núñez. We expect fireworks for as long as this fight lasts.”

Davis (21-0, 20 KOs) became the youngest reigning American world champion in 2017 when he delivered a star-making performance on SHOWTIME by knocking out Jose Pedraza for the IBF 130-pound title at just 22 years old. Now, he makes his return to his hometown to fight for the first time as a world champion.

The 24-year-old became the youngest two-time world champion in April 2018 when he knocked out Jesus Andres Cuellar in the third round of their WBA Super Featherweight Championship bout. Most recently he knocked out former world champion Hugo Ruiz in the first round of his first SHOWTIME main event in February. Davis, who owns knockouts in all five of his world championship fights, is the first Baltimore native to defend in his hometown since Harry Jeffra defended the featherweight world title in 1940.

”It was always a goal of mine to bring a world title fight back to my city of Baltimore,” said Davis, who has not fought in Baltimore since his fourth pro fight. “I’m excited and grateful to my team for helping make this happen on Saturday, July 27. Tickets will go fast, so don’t wait on buying them! I can’t wait to put on a great show and to see all my supporters in Baltimore help me make it a night to remember at Royal Farms Arena.”

The hard-hitting Panamanian Núñez (21-2, 19 KOs) will be making his U.S. debut on July 27 as he seeks to take advantage of his first world title opportunity. The 25-year-old is on a 10-fight winning streak in which he has scored nine knockout victories. After his opponent was forced to withdraw from a scheduled March 2 bout on SHOWTIME, Núñez scored a first-round knockout of Eduardo Pacheco in April to make it three consecutive knockouts heading into this championship bout.

“My daughter is about to be born and with her in mind I am working very hard for this fight,’’ said Núñez. “I am dedicating this fight to my daughter and Panama, which has always supported me. I’m thankful for this opportunity and although some people don’t know much about me, after July 27, everyone will know me as the new champion of the world.''

Bro, you are really trying hard with Wilder... He has crazy power, no one doubts that... Most of the time he doesnt even generate it from the hips and legs like most fighters, he just throws his arms out and drops people... Thats why he is dangerous from the 1st to the 12th round... Thats why he will always have a punchers chance in a fight, but Fury who is imo the HW Roy Jones should have already put a L to his name...
Nigga some fundamental shit all boxers are taught is DON'T let me repeat DON'T load up on punches and Wilder does it non-stop.

Wilder ain't throwing from weird angles. His fool ass is loading up on punches with his feet parallel to each. Which is why he be falling all over the place when he misses those punches.

That is shit he does every fight which proves my point that he lacks fundamentals.
Again....

To fight the way he fights... Against skilled opposition, and remain undefeated.. Takes a high level of skill y'all just don't wanna give that man credit for...

You give fury credit and he dropped him TWICE.

Like foh.... The shit ain't pretty but it ain't bad

Again....

To fight the way he fights... Against skilled opposition, and remain undefeated.. Takes a high level of skill y'all just don't wanna give that man credit for...

You give fury credit and he dropped him TWICE.

Like foh.... The shit ain't pretty but it ain't bad

Everybody knows Wilder has that one thing that doesn't require any skill and can't be trained and that is 1 punch KO power. No fighter has ever gone a whole fight and not been hit no matter how great they may have been defensively. For that reason alone Wilder can fight how he does because at some point within those 12 rounds he going to land that power punch at it usually knocks his opponent out. It doesn't take a high level of skill for that to happen.

What credit is it that I am not giving him? All I've said which is a fact is that he lacks skills and fundamentals. Never said he doesn't have any. Stating facts about somebody ain't taking away from other facts about said person. Just because Wilder has KO power you are willfully overlooking his flaws. You have the right to do that just as I have a right to point them out at the same time.

I never even mentioned Fury so WTF is you talking about? You just rambling at this point.

Got my tix for this earlier today. Wish he was facing a better opponent, but aint no telling when/if he's ever fighting here again.
I'm trying to finagle these for a birthday present.

Bday August 1rst

Back