Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
Anybody got a stream for the Zab Judah ppv

:host:

https://www.boxingscene.com/julian-williams-no-definitive-proof-charlo-twins-juicing--139764

Julian Williams Has 'No Definitive Proof' Charlo Twins Are Juicing
By Keith Idec

Kate Abdo asked Julian Williams whether he had anyone specific in mind when he Tweeted two weeks ago that any future opponent will have to adhere to strict performance-enhancing drug testing.

Williams knew what the FOX Sports host meant, and answered accordingly during the newest episode of “Inside PBC Boxing” on Wednesday night.

“No, absolutely not,” Williams said. “Absolutely not. I think a lot of people want me to, I’m just gonna put it all on the table – a lot of people want me to say that the Charlo twins are juicing. And I have some reporters that try and get me to say it, and I won’t say it because I have no definitive proof. So, I would never accuse anybody of cheating if I don’t have definitive proof. What I will say is that there’s a lot of cheats in boxing. And whoever wanna fight Julian Williams, don’t call Al Haymon, call VADA and get signed up for testing.”

Williams (27-1-1, 16 KOs, 1 NC) upset Jarrett Hurd (23-1, 16 KOs) by unanimous decision to win the IBF, IBO and WBA 154-pound championships May 11 in Fairfax, Virginia. The Philadelphia native suffered his lone loss to Jermall Charlo, who knocked out Williams in the fifth round of their fight for Charlo’s IBF junior middleweight title 2½ years ago in Los Angeles.

Jermall Charlo since has moved up to 160 pounds and captured the WBC interim middleweight title. Jermall Charlo (28-0, 21 KOs) will defend that championship versus Los Angeles’ Brandon Adams (21-2, 13 KOs) on June 29 in Houston, Charlo’s hometown (Showtime).

Williams would welcome a rematch at some point.

“Yeah, definitely,” Williams said. “I think that’s a big fight. But I’ve got a lot of business to clear down here at 154 pounds. And when I clear the division out, and it’s gonna make for a much bigger fight. And he’s not going nowhere. He’s 160 pounds and I don’t think he’s moving up no time soon. I’m busting out at 154, so I’ve probably got a few more fights here. And then, we’ve got the same – we’re both with Al Haymon. You know, we’re both with FOX and Showtime. So, you know, it’s gonna happen. You know? And I’m pretty sure, you know, he wouldn’t mind stepping back in with me again.”

Williams could face Jermall Charlo’s twin brother, Jermell, before that rematch takes place.

If Jermell Charlo can regain his WBC super welterweight title from Tony Harrison in their rematch, Williams and Jermell Charlo could square off in a 154-pound title unification fight. Houston’s Jermell Charlo (31-1, 15 KOs) and Detroit’s Harrison (28-2, 21 KOs) were supposed to fight again June 23, but Harrison withdrew from the fight due to an ankle injury that required surgery Wednesday.

The Jermell Charlo-Harrison rematch likely will be rescheduled for late this year, assuming Charlo defeats Harrison’s replacement, Mexico’s Jorge Cota (28-3, 25 KOs), on June 23 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas (FOX).

Whomever Williams fights, he’ll demand random blood and urine testing by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association at least 90 days in advance of their bout.

In the Tweet to which Abdo referred, Williams issued this message May 19: Just a friendly reminder for my future opponents I will be requesting at least 90 DAYS RANDOM BLOOD TESTING BY @ Vada_Testing won’t be cycling off on me now we’re gonna find out who’s really the best in the 154lbs div.

https://www.boxingscene.com/adonis-stevenson-good-spirits-during-first-public-interview--139779

Adonis Stevenson in Good Spirits During First Public Interview

By Luke Furman

Former WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson has conducted his first public interview, since suffering a severe eleventh round knockout at the hands of Oleksandr Gvozdyk in Quebec City on December 1.

Stevenson suffered a severe, traumatic brain injury and was placed in an induced coma for three weeks.

After spending months in the hospital, he was released to continue his recovery at home.

Doctors have been amazed by Stevenson's recovery.

There was heavy concern over whether or not Stevenson would ever be able to walk, talk or even remember his own name. Family members were worried that Stevenson would spend the rest of his life in a medical facility.

Little by little, Stevenson began to talk, walk and remember everything about his life and career.

The 41-year-old former fighter, with a large scar on his head from the surgery, was interviewed about his recovery and he shined away like the old Adonis.

"I'm back, Adonis is back!' Stevenson told TVA Sports.

'God heard us. When I came home, I said my children's names and they said 'papa, you remember'. You learn to walk, you learn to eat, you learn a pack of business when you're in a coma. That's the hardest thing for me. And I learned, it happened really fast. It's going well, I'm in shape, it's good to be back, we take it day by day."

Stevenson was accompanied by his partner Simone God, who stated: "It means such an enormous amount to me to see Adonis here."

While his future as a fighter was squashed in that dramatic loss, Stevenson is open to the possibility of training the stars of tomorrow.

"Young people who want to learn to box, I’m here! I am ready for them," Stevenson said.

Oscar De La Hoya: Canelo-GGG Rematch 'Won't Be Soon'
Boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya said he's meeting with Golden Boy Promotions superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez in Mexico next week to discuss his next fight, but he doesn't expect the middleweight champion will immediately take on a third battle with Gennady Golovkin.

De La Hoya, the founder of Golden Boy Promotions, told TMZ Sports he understands Triple G is craving another shot at Alvarez but explained his side holds all the cards.

"We'll make him wait," the Olympic gold medalist said. "We'll see. He's the B fighter now. Canelo's the A fighter."

He was more definitive when asked what would happen if the trilogy eventually comes to fruition.

Thats alotta boxing fights period tho lol

This was taking the piss though lol one of the worlds biggest stars coming off his 2nd Canelo fight, fighting a 35 year old who most people have never even heard of is crazy... I know GGG needs to stay busy at 37??? but come on...

Last edited:
I'm not even that interested in another Canelo vs GGG fight. I'd rather see them move on and take on new opponents. Would like to see Canelo take on Andrade and GGG vs Charlo...etc

Yeah Im not interested a 3rd fight either, I can only see Canelo winning as he seems to still be getting better whilst GGG is getting older, like old old for a fighter too...

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-feared-he-about-get-chinned-by-joshuas-father--139838

Hearn Feared He Was About To Get Chinned By Joshua's Father

Promoter Eddie Hearn explained the post-fight confrontation, which took place in the ring, with Anthony Joshua's father Robert.

Hearn was confronted by Robert in the aftermath of Joshua's shock defeat at the hands of massive underdog Andy Ruiz at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Joshua was dropped four times, before the contest was finally waved off by the referee in the seventh round.

There was video footage being circulated, which showed AJ's father in a very angered state and yelling in the direction of Hearn.

Hearn explained that Joshua's father was angered by a number of things - and it got to the point where AJ had to intervene to diffuse the situation.

"We don’t talk, like ever, and it was a bit of a shock and at the time, I was looking at (Joshua’s Dad) and thinking ‘He might chin me now!' It was one of those things where he was about to chin me, and I was thinking lets just talk after because I didn’t want that kind of situation in the ring," Hearn told iFL TV.

"He was gunning for everybody but unfortunately I got copped on TV. He said he was unhappy with the house, the set up of the house, with the referee, a whole load of stuff. Then when I went round the back he started again and Josh went just said ‘Dad, it's me, it’s on me, I lost, no one else's fault’. That was all that was said."

Joshua will get the opportunity to secure his revenge in the fall.

The British superstar has exercised his contract clause for an immediate rematch.

The second fight will likely take place in the UK, but the second fight could also head back to the United States.

4163A50F2C5C2DB995D16DB01BCE4F60EB0E1A2A

No lie. I completely forgot ggg and canelo fought a 2nd time. I was so uninterested in seeing that fight again.

Back