Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
ObviousYellowishFruitbat-small.gif

He fought a tomato can and did what he needed to do...

Yeah, Schwartz looked ambitious atleast (he might do well against the top 10-15) but Tyson did what he was supposed to do... Theres always that thing the back of my head though that he could get clipped and dropped and if the guy weights 18stone it doesnt matter where he is ranked...

I think part of problem is that the Wilder fight was too early for him in the grand scheme of things, Tyson was still getting fit and finding his feet proper range (which this fight ultimately did)... In an ideal world Schwartz would have been a great comeback fight BEFORE the Wilder fight... I still cant believe he took that Wilder fight and put in that performance after what he had been through and time out...

Wow anyone just watched Makabu vs Kudryashov??? Almost a double KO haha a proper all out war, fight of the year contender!!! Incredible bravery from both fighters...

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-deontay-wilder-last-five-rounds-with-tyson-fury--140033

Arum: Deontay Wilder Won't Last Five Rounds With Tyson Fury!

Tyson Fury eased to victory on the occasion of his first fight in Las Vegas as he furthered his reputation as the world’s finest heavyweight by stopping Germany’s Tom Schwarz in the second round.

Fulfilling a lifelong ambition of finally fighting in the Sin City, at the revered MGM Grand, he showed a destructive edge he has rarely previously demonstrated to justify the significant interest he has generated in the US since his fight with Deontay Wilder.

Fury had perhaps re-established himself as the world’s leading heavyweight with December’s thrilling draw against the American, when his performance deserved victory, and his reputation grew to such an extent he signed a lucrative contract to fight on ESPN out of the US against an unremarkable opponent.

Concerns persisted that the rounded abilities he traditionally favours over power and strength meant he would win without the sense of drama generated against Wilder and instead effortlessly out-jab Schwarz in the same way he once did Dereck Chisora, but he instead fought to make a statement and succeeded in doing exactly that.

Wearing the US stars and stripes to and in the ring in an obvious attempt to further his growing popularity among Americans, he made a typically fast start to highlight the extent of the challenge the 25-year-old Schwarz faced.

It is little secret Fury expects to fight Wilder in a rematch next year, and having planned to fight at least once more before the end of 2019.

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, who co-promotes Fury, believes his boxer will take Wilder apart in the rematch.

"There is no heavyweight in the world that can beat him. Now that he is in shape, Deontay Wilder is not going five rounds with him. We will have another fight, then we will fight Wilder. Nothing is signed [for the rematch].
They both want to fight. There are two networks and it's 50/50. It's easy to do. You've got my word it's going to happen. First quarter of next year. Right here [in Las Vegas]," Arum said.

"Fury took off 144-pounds to prepare for Wilder the first time around. I don't care who you are, that's not good."

giphy.gif

i'd hate to fight a nigga like fury though....them punches sneaky ass shit... like u literally can't see them coming.....

nigga fight like jim carrey in me myself and irene

giphy.gif

So Shakur Stevenson got a slap on the wrist for his brawl smh dude should have had his licence suspended for a period of time... Bob Arum prolly pulled some strings...

HELL NO. What happened was fucked up but he paid their doctor bills and now is on probation which ain't easy to deal with. That young man don't need to have how he takes care of himself taken away for any period time for that.

Back