Welcome To aBlackWeb

Feminism, is it for black people

Imma say this then I'm out for real. The fact I own my home, have my own bank account/credit cards, didn't get fired from my job simply because I got pregnant, was able to stay with my children after giving birth (paid leave with son #2), have access to birth control, and will be voting come November...I think I benefitted from feminism.

Last edited:
Imma say this then I'm out for real. The fact I own my home, have my own bank account/credit cards, didn't get fired from my job simply because I got pregnant, was able to stay with my children after(paid leave with son #2), have access to birth control, and will be voting come November...I think I benefitted from feminism.

Niggas forgot or didn’t know women couldn’t get bank accounts. These niggas complaining cuz they don’t have an advantage.

@Knock_Twice I know you stuck on 1940 but this is acceptable

Feminism has unquestionably had good results for women. That doesn't necessarily mean the results have been better for society as a whole. It seems to be a mixed bag. You can't blame women for not wanting to be second class citizens though. Whatever bad may have come from feminism could have been avoided if men had been more fairminded in the past.

Niggas forgot or didn’t know women couldn’t get bank accounts. These niggas complaining cuz they don’t have an advantage.

@Knock_Twice I know you stuck on 1940 but this is acceptable
Women could absolutely have bank accounts in the US. Banks were not prohibited from offering them to women.
What changed in 1974 is that banks HAD to offer them to women. Before that, the could if they wanted, but they didn't have to.

Back