Welcome To aBlackWeb

Feminism, is it for black people

If black women didn't have a ton of jobs from 1865 -1950s, what better pay do you speak of..

Again bro. Would you reference black women. I'm not speaking about white women

I was also talking about black women. And again the pay is comparing the time frame from when more women worked outside the house and in an office with men. So that was the time to compare the pay.

If you asking me did a black laundress and a black dockworker in 1920 make the same amount of money it’s going to be a no.

Is the question answered the way you like now or you gonna say I didn’t answer

I was also talking about black women. And again the pay is comparing the time frame from when more women worked outside the house and in an office with men. So that was the time to compare the pay.

If you asking me did a black laundress and a black dockworker in 1920 make the same amount of money it’s going to be a no.

Is the question answered the way you like now or you gonna say I didn’t answer

I am asking you, women working outside of the home, were these black women doing the same job as the men?

Black women gained the right to vote in 1920 like all women. Of course black people had it harder voting for obvious reasons. But the fact you 45 years off is crazy

Why the 19th Amendment Did Not Guarantee All Women the Right to Vote

But while the passage of the 19th Amendment enabled most white women to vote, that wasn’t the case for many women of color.

“For Black women, their votes weren’t lifted by that tide in the South,” Christina Rivers, associate professor of political science at Depaul University, says. “Their votes were suppressed solely on the basis of race.”

Why the 19th Amendment Did Not Guarantee All Women the Right to Vote

But while the passage of the 19th Amendment enabled most white women to vote, that wasn’t the case for many women of color.

“For Black women, their votes weren’t lifted by that tide in the South,” Christina Rivers, associate professor of political science at Depaul University, says. “Their votes were suppressed solely on the basis of race.”

Yea bro I just stated on the other page that black women were given the right to vote but that they had obstacles that black people faced. And you’re talking about one region. Were black Harlem women not able to vote? Like bruh use history as some context

Black women didn't get to vote until 1965

How did the 1st wave helped black women?

If you a feminist, and you championing it, how you don't know the orgins

What I told you the 1st wave of feminism, the shit you claim, wanted all black women to kill their 1st born

Would you still rep that shit??

Miss me with the Margret Sanger shit

Yea bro I just stated on the other page that black women were given the right to vote but that they had obstacles that black people faced. And you’re talking about one region. Were black Harlem women not able to vote? Like bruh use history as some context

Did harlem have literacy tests, poll taxes, voter ID requirements and intimidation and threats and acts of violence like how it was all over the country?

Shit just wasn't just in one region. You use common sense and read articles and people accounts from that time goofy ass nigga

I just answered in the second paragraph slow mo

All you stated was women were working in the office like the men, I asked you were they doing the same job,

You do know a woman can be a clerical, answer phones/receptionist which was what most women did in the office during that time and the man can be doing something totally different, and they are both in the office. That's why I asked you the question goofy, to be more detailed and not give a dayum blanket statement

Did harlem have literacy tests, poll taxes, voter ID requirements and intimidation and threats and acts of violence like how it was all over the country?

Shit just wasn't just in one region. You use common sense and read articles and people accounts from that time goofy ass nigga

Bruh again we saying the same shit in some places we could vote freely many we could not

All you stated was women were working in the office like the men, I asked you were they doing the same job,

You do know a woman can be a clerical, answer phones/receptionist which was what most women did in the office during that time and the man can be doing something totally different, and they are both in the office. That's why I asked you the question goofy, to be more detailed and not give a dayum blanket statement

You said if they worked the same job not same place

If I understand it correctly, feminism is about equal opportunity and autonomy.

And before feminism, women -- black, white, etc. -- were denied both: there were many things that they either couldn't do or couldn't do as easily (i.e. work in certain professions) and they were not able to exercise the same degree of control over their own lives as men did.

So by giving black women more opportunity and autonomy, feminism helped black women.

Back