Welcome To aBlackWeb

Does drill music have a negative influence on the black community?

so in one thread folks like "nah, pushing that gay shit has no influence"

but in another like "yea, listenin to that shit can make them killers!"

:hahaha:

must be 2 sides

I been peeped how niggas be backwards ass shit in different threads. Say one thing on Monday in a thread, new thread created on Friday that runs along the same lines or close to it, and it's a different response.

Fucked up in the head

Drill music is literally waring gangs putting street beefs to music

You could say Pac and 50 were doing drill music before it had a name.

While of course some wannabes will follow shit,a song can't make you a stone cold killer.

Ppl been violent all of human existence.

If it wasn't Drill music it would be something else as the excuse to be wild.

Last edited:
The FCC, marketing firms, record labels, other companies and entities are clearly operating off the science of influencing people.
How far that influence goes might depend on the individuals situation and how much of a push they really need.
But I think it's clear that XYZ media could encourage XYZ behavaior to a susceptible portion of the masses.
That can go for violent rap that gets the lights turned on or a sexy R&B song you fucked too or that playlist that gets you pumped in the gym and beyond.
Enviroments where a social view is re-enforced by consumed media and surroundings will likely lean a person towards certain behaviors.
In a world where black history is blatantly being white washed, everyone is screening for diversity, it's hard to deny the impact media has.

However, for every rapper you want to wag a finger at, the sets were doing driveby's to Marvin Gaye songs at first.
So media, drill music in this case, is only a part of the problem, but not insignificant.

The rap I grew up on and still listen to now has been a negative affect on our people be it gang, drill, drug or horror core music. To say otherwise is foolish. Does it tell depict a harsh reality that a lot of black and brown go thru yes but some have glorified it or the beat behind their stories help glorified the evils that men/women do.

As fuck. And maybe I’m wrong, but that seems like a very recent thing. I went to school with Jacksonville niggas. I’m sure you did too. And from what I understand, shit wasn’t jumping bad like this 15-20 years ago.

Maybe my niggas was just soft though?🤔
It was always grimey there for sure…they wasnt on like Memphis or NO level wild but them Jville niggas was crazy

these youngins tho…its like what we was saying…its the social media that has turned banging (drilling) to damn near late 80s early 90s LA.

Jacksonville is the worst of all the drill scenes cause of the gun laws in the south

Rap literally introduced the to the rest of the US and some of the world to lean. Add a few different pills in that too.

Got kids in nice stable households throwing up gangs and fighting each other.

y’all sleep as fuck

The spoken word is the most powerful motivator in this world on and off a beat.

It can start a war
It can express love
It can get you hyped to complete a physical task
It can galvanize a community

It is what it is and most definitely a factor.

As fuck. And maybe I’m wrong, but that seems like a very recent thing. I went to school with Jacksonville niggas. I’m sure you did too. And from what I understand, shit wasn’t jumping bad like this 15-20 years ago.

Maybe my niggas was just soft though?🤔

I knew Duval niggas when I was at FAM. From my understanding it was pretty wild even back then, but it definitely seems like things have escalated since then.

But Drill isn't fake, at least Chicago Drill isn't. These lil niggas are actually speaking on murders and it's affecting the young kids coming up behind them to do the shit

Translation: These lil niggas outchea snitchin but tryin keep it thug.

China just banned effeminate men on tv.

China also wants to limit video games

How many kids seemed to forget how to play basketball over night and start firing up 3s because of steph?

Dudes really thought pumping up their shoes made them run faster or play better.

People thought living like the Cosby’s was not real but that they could relate to the local drug dealer because he had girls and money,

nwa plus the movie colors did shit to the minds of kids on the east coast.

a 23 yr old girl said she bought a house from money made in onlyfans.....did the numbers of content creators swell shortly after?

the happy lives, nice bodies and perfect make up on IG makes ladies feel they need to compete. Bbl to the rescue.

all from influence

Drill music is literally waring gangs putting street beefs to music

You could say Pac and 50 were doing drill music before it had a name.

While of course some wannabes will follow shit,a song can't make you a stone cold killer.

Ppl been violent all of human existence.

If it was Drill music it would be something else as the excuse to be wild.

Thank you cuz I swear we been talking about violence in rap for like 30 years. Rap didn’t make you more violent. It’s like the whole environment part. Now before these miggas get extra I’m not saying it has NO impact but I can listen to all the violent ahit I want and live in the suburbs and never do that shit

Rap literally introduced the to the rest of the US and some of the world to lean. Add a few different pills in that too.

Got kids in nice stable households throwing up gangs and fighting each other.

y’all sleep as fuck

Who put the rappers on to lean? Who put the crack in the hoods in the 80s who put heroin in the hood in the 70s this shit deeper than music

Thank you cuz I swear we been talking about violence in rap for like 30 years. Rap didn’t make you more violent. It’s like the whole environment part. Now before these miggas get extra I’m not saying it has NO impact but I can listen to all the violent ahit I want and live in the suburbs and never do that shit
One thing you gotta stop doing is using yourself as what you do because you hear something and didn’t react to it.

Aint got shit to do with the next man

I am actually shocked (but shouldn't be) how willingly ignorant by these comments who are saying that music not drill but music itself doesn't influence people be it positive or negative.

Like do you niggas not know this forum is a hiphop site where you same nignogs argue over the music all day?

Music does influence emptions why is this even debatable lol wtf. You in the gym working out 99% of you not about to listen to Mozart while lifting you're going to put on something a bounce and flow. That same scenario can go to the easily moved minds to do a crime because niggas not doing a drive by or even thinking about
doing a drive by listening to Shirley Ceasar.

Last edited:
Who put the rappers on to lean? Who put the crack in the hoods in the 80s who put heroin in the hood in the 70s this shit deeper than music
True but who is pushing to message to the youth?

you think it’s a reason why plenty of good non violent rap hardly gets pushed?

that shit don’t send niggas to prison.

Entertainment didn't create violence.

What about when slave owners was hunting us and doing the most brutal shit for centuries to us?Chief keef wasn't playing in the background.

What about when Aztecs was cutting ppl's heart out of their chest in human sacrifices ?Was NBA Young Boy playing?

Or how about WW1,WW2,vietnam,The Iraq war,The Punic war,the civil war?Were they playing Mobb Deep?

Ppl was getting smoked to Otis Redding too.Them old school gangsters in the 60's wasn't playing Lil Dirk.

So yall wanna hear songs about flowers and rainbows and skittles and shit?No,you don't.

I know I don't.

"if you don’t like hearing about glocks and macs, niggas cocking straps or how we on the block wit crack rocks and packs BITCH STOP WATCHING SMACK" QP

Back