Welcome To aBlackWeb

Does drill music have a negative influence on the black community?

I hate the implication of these kinds of threads, it's like saying video games encourage kids to shoot up schools.

Basically your will power is so weak that your behavior can be altered and you have little to no free will.

Is it because it's easier to blame nebulous societal problems on something specific and tangible vs intangible things like broken homes, institutional racism, poverty, and materialistic culture of the country we live in?

No. Kids are easily influenced and can’t be argued against on any level.

You speak as if there are those who don't make a conscious decision in one of those.

No I'm speaking against the idea that if you aren't gay that you can be programmed to become so simply by being exposed to gay people. Your attraction isn't a conscious decision. Your decision to act on or deny it is, but the actual attraction itself isn't

Listen to what you just said.

NWA had an incredible influence on gang culture. True story. No denying that.

Did NWA have an incredible influence on regular niggas walking around Compton who wasn't fucking with gangs and shit before the music came out? Were there a bunch of niggas walking around South Central who were determined to not get caught up in the gang shit, who then heard Dopeman and said 'Ooooohhhhhh, I been doing this shit wrong this whole time. Fuck this school shit. Ren and Easy say I need to go get a brick, so I'm going to get a brick?'.
A lost kid searching for something and finding anything he can be apart of is why it spread.
You really want to have this convo?

I hate the implication of these kinds of threads, it's like saying video games encourage kids to shoot up schools.

Basically your will power is so weak that your behavior can be altered and you have little to no free will.

Is it because it's easier to blame nebulous societal problems on something specific and tangible vs intangible things like broken homes, institutional racism, poverty, and materialistic culture of the country we live in?
Yes, some people will power is that weak.

you can be a man who never overpower someone weaker because of who was in your life. That don’t mean the next man had that same lesson he learned,

there is a reason cults and gangs and even political parties exist.

a lot of people need to be apart of something bigger.

trump got into office because of this group think.

Op's asking specifically about drill music. Is drill music negative to the black community? Does positive drill music even exist?

Also, yes, some people are borderline NPCs that will just emulate what they see others doing.

Yes, some people will power is that weak.

you can be a man who never overpower someone weaker because of who was in your life. That don’t mean the next man had that same lesson he learned,

there is a reason cults and gangs and even political parties exist.

a lot of people need to be apart of something bigger.

trump got into office because of this group think.
Op's asking specifically about drill music. Is drill music negative to the black community? Does positive drill music even exist?

Also, yes, some people are borderline NPCs that will just emulate what they see others doing.
These are all oversimplifications of what drives people to do what they do. Saying people are npcs removes a person's motivations for their actions and beliefs. There's way more that goes into influencing a person's actions than some songs that they hear. If anything, the songs (since we're on the subject of drill) are also a product of the society/culture they live in but definitely not the matrix or origin of the that person's or that culture's ills. That would be a contradiction.

These are all oversimplifications of what drives people to do what they do. Saying people are npcs removes a person's motivations for their actions and beliefs. There's way more that goes into influencing a person's actions than some songs that they hear. If anything, the songs (since we're on the subject of drill) are also a product of the society/culture they live in but definitely not the matrix or origin of the that person's or that culture's ills. That would be a contradiction.

1. I agree with this whole-heartedly

2. I'ma start describing those people ass NPCs. It's very fitting.

3. I'd argue that an NPC who is influenced to go shoot a block up by rap music could be just as easily influenced to go do anything else, by any other form of media...because they are a NPC and that's how they are wired.

Can listening to certain rap music be a negative influence on kids growing up? Can it provoke the minds to want to act or live out what they hear?

The “negative” influence has been going on since the 90’s….it’s nothing new just a different formula

I would say the clout chasing is much worse now, or at least it’s more transparent than before

Who said it's the origin? Of course there's way more going on, the question is whether this sub genre of music influences our community positively or negatively? Honestly, I don't even need to hear your answer, it's objectively yes, a resounding yes. It's music for broken homes and broken home affiliates, foh.

Who said it's the origin? Of course there's way more going on, the question is whether this sub genre of music influences our community positively or negatively? Honestly, I don't even need to hear your answer, it's objectively yes, a resounding yes. It's music for broken homes and broken home affiliates, foh.
If you didn't need to hear my answer then why did you respond?

It ain't just kids either. I tried to argue against this when I was younger because the violence in Hip Hop never affected me personally or the people I know. Then I got out and met more different people and found that there are people that actually do try to live out shit they heard in a song when they get put in certain situations.

I was thinking it’s reverse the gang culture had an impact on them. Same with drill music all these bug street gangs been around since 60s 70s.

The bold was definitely the case with NWA. The first time I remember hearing the term "studio gangstas" was in reference to NWA. Only two of them were actually gang members and, before the internet, people outside of the LA area didn't even know where those two were from.

Back