Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breastfeeding In Public

no. they were looking into the barriers to breastfeeding that many women experience. factors like not having maternity leave, struggling with pumping, stigma from other people, supply issues, tongue tie n many others play a role. it varies but there r patterns.

I don't think it's trying to discourage anything other than misinformation. especially since many of those barriers r either preventable or can be worked around.

tbh I'm surprised u interpreted it that way. if anything, it's pro-breastfeeding.

talking about the barriers to breastfeeding is kind of essential to breaking them down n making it an accessible option.

Yeah. I read it wrong....

It's cool, baby gotta eat I guess.

I won't be the one fussing about it.

I can see why some would be offended by it, goes both ways I guess, but I don't have any issue with a mama doing her thing in public.

I see it's something new though, it wasn't too many titties being whipped out in public when I was coming up.

I hear you but in your opinion when would a child be old enough to explain breastfeeding to them especially being that they were just breastfeeding a year or two ago? Because just like you said, it's not a big deal to someone like your son, he gets it. It's not an issue to them like it is to us.

That's up to their parents to decide. An appropriate age for me may not be an appropriate age for them. So, I can't necessarily say. I don't think breastfeeding needs to be explained to a child who was breastfed. It's a natural thing to them, I don't even think they would be phased if they saw it.

Nothing offensive about breastfeeding, just the setting where the breastfeeding is being done at may be offensive to some.

A pastor preaching his sermon in church and a mama that's sitting on the front pew, pops out her titty to feed the kid, instead of removing herself from the sanctuary area may offend some in that church, maybe the deaconess or deacons, maybe even the pastor that's preaching my be offended by it.

Old ppl get offended by some of the things that they are not accustom to seeing that we think is normal. IDK,

Some ppl may not see a problem with the baby being fed there on the first pew, but Sista so and so may be on some "now she know she needs to take that baby in the back and do that"

Nothing offensive about breastfeeding, just the setting where the breastfeeding is being done at may be offensive to some.

A pastor preaching his sermon in church and a mama that's sitting on the front pew, pops out her titty to feed the kid, instead of removing herself from the sanctuary area may offend some in that church, maybe the deaconess or deacons, maybe even the pastor that's preaching my be offended by it.

Old ppl get offended by some of the things that they are not accustom to seeing that we think is normal. IDK,
Mary breastfed Jesus.

A pastor and his little christians should be the last mfs offended.

Why you say that, some think of the church holy ground,

So playing rap music (Future's Mask Off) on the church grounds isn't offensive?

Wearing short dresses and short shorts wouldn't be offensive to a pastor and his congregation?

What does that have to do with Mary breastfeeding Jesus in the Holy Temple?
supply. especially in the early days, cluster feeding is necessary sometimes cuz supply is being established n newborns do newborn shit. unless women with young babies r gonna be housebound, they might have to feed that baby in all kinds of places.

church services last hours sometimes.

Wearing short dresses and short shorts wouldn't be offensive to a pastor and his congregation?
reread this and think of why you're equating these to breastfeeding.

You'd think a church would understand the basics of biology and purpose.

you're sexualizing breastfeeding.

supply. especially in the early days, cluster feeding is necessary sometimes cuz supply is being established n newborns do newborn shit. unless women with young babies r gonna be housebound, they might have to feed that baby in all kinds of places.

Understand, but some would suggest the mother leave the sanctuary to tend to feeding the baby.

You mentioned early days, women were restricted to a lot of things and live by a certain code, they weren't as freely individuals as you may think.

They stayed covered up for the most part, so them breastfeeding in public back in the early days, I'ma need some receipts indicating that they did such a thing so freely out in public without being summoned

reread this and think of why you're equating these to breastfeeding.

You'd think a church would understand the basics of biology and purpose.

you're sexualizing breastfeeding.

Nah, I'm just saying that some members of certain churches may suggest a mother breastfeed her child outside of the sanctuary instead of doing it on the 1st pew while service is going on.

So is it ok to change a 1- 3 year old that's pee'd or slightly did the number 2 on himself in the sanctuary while the pastor is preaching on the 1st pew?

Some churches have a conduct of code that they abide by.

Some churches I've been to, don't like it for members to chew gum or walk around when the pastor is preaching. Says it's a sign of disrespect to the word.

Now what you think they will say if they saw a mom breastfeeding her child in the middle of service?

This is breastfeeding we are talking about. What you mentioned can't compare.

Is breastfeeding unholy?

Understand, but some would suggest the mother leave the sanctuary to tend to feeding the baby.

You mentioned early days, women were restricted to a lot of things and live by a certain code, they weren't as freely individuals as you may think.

They stayed covered up for the most part, so them breastfeeding in public back in the early days, I'ma need some receipts indicating that they did such a thing so freely out in public without being summoned
u're mistaken. i got accounts from the early 1900s of women publicly breastfeeding. wearing revealing clothing was a bigger scandal than publicly breastfeeding back then.
Nah, I'm just saying that some members of certain churches may suggest a mother breastfeed her child outside of the sanctuary instead of doing it on the 1st pew while service is going on.

So is it ok to change a 1- 3 year old that's pee'd or slightly did the number 2 on himself in the sanctuary while the pastor is preaching on the 1st pew?

Some churches have a conduct of code that they abide by.

Some churches I've been to, don't like it for members to chew gum or walk around when the pastor is preaching. Says it's a sign of disrespect to the word.

Now what you think they will say if they saw a mom breastfeeding her child in the middle of service?
breastfeeding is very different from tending to human waste. again, your equivalencies are more telling of your mindset than the actual weight of the action.

don't be a bitch nigga all your life

Lol! Why you taking this shyt so personal?

Do I call you out your name for your NSA style of breaking into folks phones, emails, etc.? I disagree wit it, but I don't call you names.

We can debate on this topic and others, disagree like adults, without the name calling. You're better than this BNE.

I still respect your opinions tho. Regardless if we agree or not. Lol

Back