Welcome To aBlackWeb

3-6 Mafia vs A Tribe Called Quest

Who U Got?

• Total voters
Both had crazy runs.

Tribe - People's Instinctive Travels, Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders all widely considered classics.. a lot of fun light hearted music but also touched on issues going on in the community from a different perspective that contrasted the likes of Public Enemy and Ice Cube.. Kamaal took jazz samples to another level IMO. Then with Beats, Rhymes & Life and Love Movement (more great albums overshadowed by their predecessors) they ushered J Dilla into the game who had a huge impact on the next decade of hip hop. Singles like Left My Wallet in El Segundo, Bonita Applebum, Can I Kick It, Buggin Out, Scenario, Electric Relaxation are hip hop staples. You can never front on what Tribe did.. Their recent album was one of the best projects of 2016 easily and Q-Tip has put out some great solo albums as well.

Three 6 - their run from Chapter 2: World Domination, When the Smoke Clears, Choices the Album, Da Unbreakables, Most Known Unknown is also legendary and they were even putting in work before that. Paul and Juicy basically fathered the crunk era of music that eventually branched to trap. Their production was crazy versatile from their use of soul samples to hard hitting trunk knockers. They were also responsible for classic Project Pat and other great artists/side projects. You might not be able to name any other group of artists from the past that have had a bigger influence on rap music in this past decade. Specifically this past year, hits like Plain Jane by A$AP Ferg and No Limit by G-Eazy. Just within the past week Cardi B remade Pat's "Chickenhead" on her highly anticipated debut album, G-Herbo did a viral freestyle that has everyone rapping over "Who Run It", and a couple weeks ago Drake interpolated Pat's "Blunt to My Lips" on Look Alive and Rae Sremmurd's "Side to Side" remake "Powerglide".. It feels like Three 6 didn't get all their appreciation and accolades till later but they got the catalog to stack up against anyone. I still play all their old records when I have friends over drinking at my crib or when I'm riding in my car smoking. Juicy still doing his solo thing to this day.

Oh look the bums are losing, I knew smart niggas would overcome country bumpkins. You niggas take not liking y'all region's nonsense personally

Doc-Rivers_zpsmvhcmgae.gif

1253pt0_zps8foudv7c.gif

Not even worth debating or comparing two different styles, two different aesthetics? whose thread idea was this?

This is super hard to choose from. Super hard. I think both groups have made great songs.

Tribe edges 3 six mafia by a razor sharp margin due to Tribe having less filler in their over all catalogue

Back