Welcome To aBlackWeb

3-6 Mafia vs A Tribe Called Quest

Who U Got?

• Total voters
This is tough man, one is a hip hop group straight up...two different types. You really can’t compare the two LMAO, if this was like two hip hop groups that’s different. Shame on you!

So despite most of us having pac and big in our top 5 , we're incapable of going back and having appreciation? We're having a big ass 80s tournament but we're unable to go back and have an appreciation of the music before us? This is your argument? lol

giphy.gif

I cant say thats true.

I'm not talking about on here, geniuses. I'm talking about rap fans as a whole. We are a very small portion of rap fans that are truly dedicated to the genre. We are the exception. We are not the norm.

Do we not yell to the heavens about fans not respecting the genre enough to know its history? Do we not often compare how pioneers in other genres are treated vs the treatment of our own pioneers?

So for you to call Tribe's work "nerd rap" let's me know, in this instance, that you're incapable of being anything other than dismissive. That's how you reduce something's value. You mock it.

You can say you like 3-6 over Tribe if you want. I still believe that the comparison is utterly ridiculous.

Last edited:
Always felt like 36 hit and miss, they waste alot of dope beats on bad song concepts. But when they hit, they hit big.

Never felt like tribe wasted a good beat, but they also got alot of sleep inducing tracks.

But I'ma go with tribe just based off of classics and lyricism

I’ve fucked with em both, but these two groups incomparable. Two different moods. Two different eras when they were at their prime. My tie breaker.. I never herd anyone outside the south say “insert 3-6 album name here” is a classic. Tribe first three albums at one point or another have been universally hailed as classic material. At the end of the day this is a regional argument & that’s where it’s gonna stay.
I agree with this

Ya mood gonna have you choose one over the other, not their quality of music

I’ve fucked with em both, but these two groups incomparable. Two different moods. Two different eras when they were at their prime. My tie breaker.. I never herd anyone outside the south say “insert 3-6 album name here” is a classic. Tribe first three albums at one point or another have been universally hailed as classic material. At the end of the day this is a regional argument & that’s where it’s gonna stay.

And I can’t take a group with a nigga name Crunchy Black that seriously.

You say that the two groups are "incomparable" and then you go on to compare them.

Uh...

Now, now, now. Let's not overdo it. That statement is mos def hyperbole.

All I'm saying is that track and the fame it got them opened them up to a much wider audience, to the point that more people appreciate all of their music

Without all that attention they got after that track, they could be a group that only southern rap fans praised as GOATs

Not dissing their music at all

I like ATCQ but coming from Tennessee. I was raised off of Three 6. Chit was a big impact on my childhood. So Three 6 wins easily

All I'm saying is that track and the fame it got them opened them up to a much wider audience, to the point that more people appreciate all of their music

Without all that attention they got after that track, they could be a group that only southern rap fans praised as GOATs

Not dissing their music at all

I’d say them winning an Oscar for their Hustle and Flow effort is what really opened them up to a wider audience.

Back