Welcome To aBlackWeb

3-6 Mafia vs A Tribe Called Quest

Who U Got?

• Total voters
Literally apples and oranges. Shoulda been like Eightball and MJG vs 3-6 or some shit. Tribe vs De La.

@Goldie ain't slick. Tryna spark a regional war again. The music will not be judged objectively.

Don't u think yall make it a region thing by saying southern groups should only be compared to southern groups etc?

Why can't it just be which group is better?

No. Content ain't even the same. They're essentially different sub-genres within rap. No comparison.

I like oranges more than apples, wasn't that hard to decide lol yall make shit more complicated than it is, just pick which group u like more.

You're making my point for me. You can compare outkast to any "conscious" group out there and they will shit on em AND u can compare them to any "gangsta rap" group out there and they will have shit just as hard as any of those groups, same can be said about WU etc.

Tribe makes nerd nigga anthems and it's "unfair" to compare them to other rap groups lol foh

You're making my point for me. You can compare outkast to any "conscious" group out there and they will shit on em AND u can compare them to any "gangsta rap" group out there and they will have shit just as hard as any of those groups, same can be said about WU etc.

Tribe makes nerd nigga anthems and it's "unfair" to compare them to other rap groups lol foh

Negative. This is also a time where age plays a factor. Tribe's best work came out when I'd say most of us were probably around 5-10. 3-6's most recognizable work came out when we were in middle school/high school. That also makes a difference here.

I can have more of an appreciation for things the older we get. I couldn't appreciate The Low End Theory when I was 7, but I vividly remember being on the school bus, going to our football games rappin Sippin On Syrup in high school. I didn't develop an appreciation for Tribe until I was in my 20's, and even then, it's not the same as when it was actually happening.

Like I said, this is a bad comparison. You can try to bastardize the argument, and write Tribe off as "nerd rap" all you like, but no one has been able to replicate some of their best and most innovative work. And that's a fact.

Negative. This is also a time where age plays a factor. Tribe's best work came out when I'd say most of us were probably around 5-10. 3-6's most recognizable work came out when we were in middle school/high school. That also makes a difference here.

I can have more of an appreciation for things the older we get. I couldn't appreciate The Low End Theory when I was 7, but I vividly remember being on the school bus, going to our football games rappin Sippin On Syrup in high school. I didn't develop an appreciation for Tribe until I was in my 20's, and even then, it's not the same as when it was actually happening.

Like I said, this is a bad comparison. You can try to bastardize the argument, and write Tribe off as "nerd rap" all you like, but no one has been able to replicate some of their best and most innovative work. And that's a fact.

U can make all the excuses in the world but when their work is placed beside other groups it doesn't hold up.

Their "best song" tournament bracket is by far the most lackluster bracket we've had thus far. Space program vs award tour is the semi finals....... space program lol Niggas just don't wanna be honest with themselves about the shit.

You brought up the age argument, Pac and Big died around the time I just started getting into hiphop, but both are in my top 5. Rakim is in my top 10, MJ is my favorite artist, I can keep going.... It's a weak argument.

U can make all the excuses in the world but when their work is placed beside other groups it doesn't hold up.

Their "best song" tournament bracket is by far the most lackluster bracket we've had thus far. Space program vs award tour is the semi finals....... space program lol Niggas just don't wanna be honest with themselves about the shit.

You brought up the age argument, Pac and Big died around the time I just started getting into hiphop, but both are in my top 5. Rakim is in my top 10, MJ is my favorite artist, I can keep going.... It's a weak argument.

In this instance, it's hardly a weak argument. As it pertains to rap, most niggas are incapable of going back and developing an appreciation for things that came before their time. I don't think The Low End Theory was referred to as "nerd rap" in '91, is my point.

Both groups are innovative, in their own right, and have contributed things to the genre that are often imitated, but can never be duplicated. And that's as far as you'll get me to go on this topic.

In this instance, it's hardly a weak argument. As it pertains to rap, most niggas are incapable of going back and developing an appreciation for things that came before their time. I don't think The Low End Theory was referred to as "nerd rap" in '91, is my point.

Both groups are innovative, in their own right, and have contributed things to the genre that are often imitated, but can never be duplicated. And that's as far as you'll get me to go on this topic.

I cant say thats true.

So despite most of us having pac and big in our top 5 , we're incapable of going back and having appreciation? We're having a big ass 80s tournament but we're unable to go back and have an appreciation of the music before us? This is your argument? lol

giphy.gif

Back