Welcome To aBlackWeb

Holy fuck at that last episode...

That mini movie was better than the odb movie....

It really spoke to the mafioso rap of that era

Big-Brooklyn
Nas -Queens
Big L - Harlem
Fat Joe -Bronx
Rae- staten Island

I don't know if i100% believe that's who the "boss" of each Burrough was in '94..... But I'll let NY niggaz argue that. The shit was still art.

Only nit pick, was they could have mentioned meth's appearance on ready to die as a sign that it wasn't Frank. That would've been a nice nod to "the what" but it's a nitpick. I loved the episode.

I legit laughed out loud when they showed big and nas....

I also woulda loved if ghost said some ignorant shit like

"You sure it wasn't that little nigga Jigga? He swear he just like us and that nigga think he a boss now too. Watch your back Frank "

🤣🤣

Damn, that episode was dope. These niggas made an ep that is supposed to just be an allegory for the purple tape creation, but was legit better than most of these hood crime movies.

All that said, the Nas casting is the new worst casting and won't be beaten. It's like they just went and picked some random nigga. lol

This episode man....

One of the greatest episodes of TV in a long time to represent one of the greatest albums ever made

The samples, the cinematography and editing and the acting

I'm not sure how they can top this and the dirt mcgirt episode.

Im going to miss this show a lot.

Fqt1-s5X0AE91sP.jpg

Last edited:
My homeboy on Facebook said that they should have had Jay Z sitting at the bar in Brooklyn when Big said you never know who the next guy is until you meet him....

I think it's perfectly fine not including or mentioning Jay in this episode. In 94-95 he was non-muthfukin factor. The showrunners didn't need to rewrite history

lol That's kinda the point Du's friend was making though. Jay was a nobody but he became a big time somebody, which goes along with Big's line in the conversation.

Yeah, it's not a big deal that Jay wasn't mentioned. Du's friend's suggestion just would have been another cool little Easter Egg.

Holy fuck at that last episode...

That mini movie was better than the odb movie....

It really spoke to the mafioso rap of that era

Big-Brooklyn
Nas -Queens
Big L - Harlem
Fat Joe -Bronx
Rae- staten Island

I don't know if i100% believe that's who the "boss" of each Burrough was in '94..... But I'll let NY niggaz argue that. The shit was still art.

Only nit pick, was they could have mentioned meth's appearance on ready to die as a sign that it wasn't Frank. That would've been a nice nod to "the what" but it's a nitpick. I loved the episode.

I legit laughed out loud when they showed big and nas....

I also woulda loved if ghost said some ignorant shit like

"You sure it wasn't that little nigga Jigga? He swear he just like us and that nigga think he a boss now too. Watch your back Frank "

🤣🤣
Each of them released their debut album in the 94-95 timeframe and each was from a different borough. That’s why they set them up as the go to for each borough.

09D7E41F-87A0-4832-89F3-1F91B18B1924.gif
They killed that shit, for real. So dope how they likened the music scene at the time to the drug game. It didn’t hit me they were making that correlation until they started going to see the different artists.

So many references and call backs. I couldn’t keep up but each one was better than the previous. Even Ghost wearing the Concord 11’s was a callback because those dropped in ‘95 too. Somebody need to do a breakdown video for real because I’m sure I missed a lot.

Glad I listened to OB4CL again before watching. Made it that much better.

Last edited:
Back