Welcome To aBlackWeb

Wrong or Right? Restaurant owner shuts down twerk session

Wrong or Right

• Total voters
Answer my question

But to answer yours

As a fellow patron, I wouldn't say shit to her. I would speak to management and have them address her.
So you'd snitch not even knowing the rules of the place yourself? That's a very Karen like response ap

The same rzn cacs brings glocs to the bar. Mfs get drunk and start acting goofy, they wanna be ready for things if they pop off. Simple. Why that gotta nigga shit and not ppl shit? Y'all really love being espousing yall distaste for black ppl. It's wild.

What happened to us not being a monolith? Is it different now?
First off ...Watch ya tone youngin.
Second ...No one is exposed for not liking black people.
Third..The monolith thing is my line. I'll be expected a royalty check.

So you'd snitch not even knowing the rules of the place yourself? That's a very Karen like response ap
Even though it's not. I don't give a shit about telling management about an issue that is ruining my experience.

Also, a more fitting example of what you're trying to imply to me would be if I told the manager that based on how she looks or is dressed, I feel uncomfortable and want to be moved to another table

You still haven't answered my question about I've addressed two of yours.

You're missing my point with the covid signs, the fact that they're there to enforce/discourage a certain behavior is my point. You see a few folks get irate and they usually get thrown out for causing a ruckus. The same thing the owner of that spot should've done. It's like going to a Dave and busters and expecting ppl to not play any of the games even tho you have them turned on with the screens turned up extra bright. Without any sign to indicate it. There's a whole social norms/conditioning that y'all seem to want to gloss over in the effort to not lose your point.

lol Bruh stop. These analogies you're pushing are terrible.

Again, the COVID signs are up in a lot of cases because they have to be because we're in a public health crises where people have to be told that they aren't allowed in the restaurant without a mask. That doesn't compare at all to suggesting that a restaurant owner should have to put a sign up telling his customers that they shouldn't be shaking ass in his establishment.

Dave and Busters markets games, so of course people go there expecting to play games. Unless, this dude has commercials telling people to come to his restaurant and act like it's the club, your comparison makes no sense. Once again, I point out that you must not have been to many black owned establishment. You keep pushing this idea that certain music and dim lighting is some kinda universal signal that ass shaking is appropriate. I'm telling that's not true. Lots of black restaurants create similar environments without people being confused and thinking they are clubs. You're basically making up shit here.

Even though it's not. I don't give a shit about telling management about an issue that is ruining my experience.

Also, a more fitting example of what you're trying to imply to me would be if I told the manager that based on how she looks or is dressed, I feel uncomfortable and want to be moved to another table

You still haven't answered my question about I've addressed two of yours.
You're taking issue with he. Behaviour but that doesn't exactly make it better. Wasn't dude in the park just minding his business when the Karen took his actions to be threatening or unsettling because he was black? Both of you in that case are assuming based on whatever biases y'all hold. Not knowing whether you're wrong or right. It's over stepping your bounds in either case.

That said no I wouldn't throw ones her way cause I always carry a credit card. I haven't used paper money since I was lil nerd catching the bus.

You're taking issue with he. Behaviour but that doesn't exactly make it better. Wasn't dude in the park just minding his business when the Karen took his actions to be threatening or unsettling because he was black? Both of you in that case are assuming based on whatever biases y'all hold. Not knowing whether you're wrong or right. It's over stepping your bounds in either case.

That said no I wouldn't throw ones her way cause I always carry a credit card. I haven't used paper money since I was lil nerd catching the bus.
Yeeeeaaah

I'm out b

You be blessed in this season

lol Bruh stop. These analogies you're pushing are terrible.

Again, the COVID signs are up in a lot of cases because they have to be because we're in a public health crises where people have to be told that they aren't allowed in the restaurant without a mask. That doesn't compare at all to suggesting that a restaurant owner should have to put a sign up telling his customers that they shouldn't be shaking ass in his establishment.

Dave and Busters markets games, so of course people go there expecting to play games. Unless, this dude has commercials telling people to come to his restaurant and act like it's the club, your comparison makes no sense. Once again, I point out that you must not have been to many black owned establishment. You keep pushing this idea that certain music and dim lighting is some kinda universal signal that ass shaking is appropriate. I'm telling that's not true. Lots of black restaurants create similar environments without people being confused and thinking they are clubs. You're basically making up shit here.
You're desperately hard to miss the point. The signs are there to enforce behaviour whether it's a health risk or not. That's their purpose, it's not up for debate, the details around them are irrelevant. Secondly, d and b as you mentioned yourself has an established atmosphere, as I said, suddenly going against that without any notice or signage would be exactly what this guy is doing. Which would be sending mixed signals to folks.

Really easy points to understand.

Cause and effect my g

He needs to learn how to talk to ppl
So shut him down?

Even with a record if this being a normal and occasional act?

I guess you just hate white folk then.

If I ever hear about you smashing a Karen imma hang you from the highest point possible.

You're desperately hard to miss the point. The signs are there to enforce behaviour whether it's a health risk or not. That's their purpose, it's not up for debate, the details around them are irrelevant. Secondly, d and b as you mentioned yourself has an established atmosphere, as I said, suddenly going against that without any notice or signage would be exactly what this guy is doing. Which would be sending mixed signals to folks.

Really easy points to understand.

I get what point you're trying to make. I just think its stupid, and I honestly don't know how you can believe what you're saying is worthwhile. A lot of restaurants have to put up the signs. It's not a choice. It's a mandate. That in itself invalidates this dumbass comparison you're making.

It's not just an atmosphere with D&B. It's the business model. D&B isn't just a restaurant. It's a restaurant/gaming lounge. They promote the gaming as much as they promote the food, so of course they would have to let people know if they got rid of the gaming. I don't know anything about the restaurant in this case, but I'm assuming he doesn't actively promote dancing at his restaurant. He isn't putting commercials out there identifying his restaurant as a club, so why would he need to put a sign up telling people that it's not a club. That makes no sense. Once again, your whole argument rests on the idea that certain music and dim lighting automatically imply that booty shaking is appropriate, and that's not true, so your argument is pretty much void.

Cause and effect my g

He needs to learn how to talk to ppl

But yet you supported Joe Biden and he talked on a few occasions very disrespectfully to black people

tenor.gif

So he should lose everything till learn how “talk to people”

you def would be a nigga that would give somebody 1 year in jail for having some weed on them
If he did it once, he can do it again right

I think an apology is owed and that community shouldn't bend until it gets it

So shut him down?

Even with a record if this being a normal and occasional act?

I guess you just hate white folk then.

If I ever hear about you smashing a Karen imma hang you from the highest point possible.
Shut him down until he issues an apology

Back