Welcome To aBlackWeb

Wrong or Right? Restaurant owner shuts down twerk session

Wrong or Right

• Total voters
Hell no, think about what that signals to people when they first walk into that establishment and seeing a sign like that. IMO that automatically signals that this place has a certain type of crowd that a lot people would not want to be around during a dining experience especially if they are with kids and/or older people.

Bad business to put signs like that up. It's not elementary school where overactive kids need constant reminders to behave themselves.

He was right in addressing it just wrong for cussing while addressing it IMO
How else are ppl supposed to know the difference exactly between a nightclub and this spot when dude is clearly borrowing heavily from the atmosphere of the former. If he's in the right expressing his distaste at the twerking then he should take responsibility for ppl taking his atmosphere to mean something else too. It's on him to enforce what behaviour is allowed there. He basically did the samething a sign woulda done but worse because as I said before, he's clearly not on top of things.

You're comparing a national food chain with a one off business, one has a very professional/corporate board that dictates how they're supposed to be run and most ppl get that same white bread experience at all of them. That also influences the behaviour that occurs when ppl visit those places. I hope I don't need to further explain to you how different a tgi is to this one unknown spot.

lol Huh? All that is irrelevant. The point is that nonblack restaurants don't feel the need to put up signs telling people to behave themselves. That's not something a black restauranteur should have to do either. You're basically suggesting that blacks can't help but jiggaboo unless otherwise instructed.

How else are ppl supposed to know the difference exactly between a nightclub and this spot when dude is clearly borrowing heavily from the atmosphere of the former. If he's in the right expressing his distaste at the twerking then he should take responsibility for ppl taking his atmosphere to mean something else too. It's on him to enforce what behaviour is allowed there. He basically did the samething a sign woulda done but worse because as I said before, he's clearly not on top of things.

Where you from? If you're from a black area, I know you've been to restaurants that cater to black people that have similar vibes but aren't trying to be clubs. Either you're being willfully ignorant here or you just haven't been around a lot of black owned establishments

We're done. You really in here asking if folks can't tell the difference between a restaurant and club.

You can feel the owner was wrong in how he handled the situation but you trolling with that type of question.

lol Huh? All that is irrelevant. The point is that nonblack restaurants don't feel the need to put up signs telling people to behave themselves. That's not something a black restauranteur should have to do either. You're basically suggesting that blacks can't help but jiggaboo unless otherwise instructed.
It's very relevant, you're comparing a national chain restaurant where families eat to a one off spot with a vision that's all over the place. Most of national spots don't post signs unless repeated violations have occured because they've been around for decades. Yet as you see with covid, even they aren't above putting a signs up when they expect a certain behaviour outta ppl. Are they implying that ppl are jiggaboos too? Or are they being responsible and on top of things to make sure things go how they want them to?

We're done. You really in here asking if folks can't tell the difference between a restaurant and club.

You can feel the owner was wrong in how he handled the situation but you trolling with that type of question.
This is a weak response at least quote the rest of the sentence in its full context if you wanna tap out.

Can you tell me why dudes bring guns to the stripclub?
People there to see ass and tits yet niggas want to war over who got a longer Lao dance for half the price or nigga was looking at me crazy.

I have a distaste for nigga shit in ovary checking environments.....Yet no nigga shit signs in sight.

I'm sorry. At this point I'm fucking with you. I'm bringing nigga shit I to the thread.

I'll focus. My fault.

Can you tell me why dudes bring guns to the stripclub?
The same rzn cacs brings glocs to the bar. Mfs get drunk and start acting goofy, they wanna be ready for things if they pop off. Simple. Why that gotta nigga shit and not ppl shit? Y'all really love being espousing yall distaste for black ppl. It's wild.

What happened to us not being a monolith? Is it different now?

The same rzn cacs brings glocs to the bar. Mfs get drunk and start acting goofy, they wanna be ready for things if they pop off. Simple. Why that gotta nigga shit and not ppl shit? Y'all really love being espousing yall distaste for black ppl. It's wild.

What happened to us not being a monolith? Is it different now?
If you were there and saw her twerking, would you start showering her with singles?

Were they Roscoes Chicken and Waffle?

Are they black?

Did the 'owner' come out on his soap box?

nah thats what turned the knife in the wound

he couldnt believe owners allow this type of shit to go on in their establishments

buddy said not on his watch....go gyrate your sinful cakes elsewhere

seriously tho my first statement stands....his business, the execution may have been overboard or even sloppy but he pays those bills

It's very relevant, you're comparing a national chain restaurant where families eat to a one off spot with a vision that's all over the place. Most of national spots don't post signs unless repeated violations have occured because they've been around for decades. Yet as you see with covid, even they aren't above putting a signs up when they expect a certain behaviour outta ppl. Are they implying that ppl are jiggaboos too? Or are they being responsible and on top of things to make sure things go how they want them to?

Bruh, in a lot of places there is a mandate. Those restaurants are literally required to put up those signs. And comparing signs related to a public health issue with signs telling people to behave properly is just weird.

Also, you keep saying his vision is all over the place. That's why I asked you where you're from. What he's doing is not all over the place and not at all uncommon for black run restaurants. Come to DC, half the black owned spots have the same kinda vibe and you don't see impromptu twerk sessions breaking out all over the place. I know you don't think you are, but you are really promoting that racist ass jiggaboo shit that white people used to hit blacks with.

nah thats what turned the knife in the wound

he couldnt believe owners allow this type of shit to go on in their establishments

buddy said not on his watch....go gyrate your sinful cakes elsewhere

seriously tho my first statement stands....his business, the execution may have been overboard or even sloppy but he pays those bills
That community should make it very difficult for him to pay those bills

Bruh, in a lot of places there is a mandate. Those restaurants are literally required to put up those signs. And comparing signs related to a public health issue with signs telling people to behave properly is just weird.

Also, you keep saying his vision is all over the place. That's why I asked you where you're from. What he's doing is not all over the place and not at all uncommon for black run restaurants. Come to DC, half the black owned spots have the same kinda vibe and you don't see impromptu twerk sessions breaking out all over the place. I know you don't think you are, but you are really promoting that racist ass jiggaboo shit that white people used to hit blacks with.
You're missing my point with the covid signs, the fact that they're there to enforce/discourage a certain behavior is my point. You see a few folks get irate and they usually get thrown out for causing a ruckus. The same thing the owner of that spot should've done. It's like going to a Dave and busters and expecting ppl to not play any of the games even tho you have them turned on with the screens turned up extra bright. Without any sign to indicate it. There's a whole social norms/conditioning that y'all seem to want to gloss over in the effort to not lose your point.

SMH & LLS at wanting your business to be respected on a certain level and having signs like this posted in a few spots in your restaurant
no-twerking-with-girls-mug.jpg

Back