Welcome To aBlackWeb

Wrong or Right? Restaurant owner shuts down twerk session

Wrong or Right

• Total voters
If that's the case wouldn't it be wise as the owner to put up a sign for proper behaviour in his establishment?

That along with his outburst tells me dude isn't exactly on top of things over there.
No man

This ain't no white tee issue.

Would you let your girl twerk in Ruth Chris? Would she even try it?

This is the point Kandy was making

I agree with dude. Have some decorum, and vibe to the music if you feel it, but don’t get up twerkin. He addressed the room, cause ppl were cheering ol girl on, and to let everyone else know. We all know how when new shit open up, it can be nice, but go downhill fast if certain shit allowed. I want to support the brother even more now.

Now she only twerking cause its a BOB huh

The hoops.....the length.....the smoke....the mirrors

No man

From what others are saying is ...If Ruth Chris is playing whatever bootymusic is....She has every right to call them cakes til the drinks and menu come.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. It sounds like he was fed up and getting it off his chest. That's understandable, however I still don't really like that kinda thing. Think about how annoyed we as men get when women are always on that "you men need to stop sexual harassing" shit. I don't sexually harass anyone, so I don't care how pervasive a chick thinks it is, I don't want her addressing me like that about. If we're being consistent, then we gotta respect the fact that there were probably women that he was addressing that feel similarly.

Come on son, really? It's a restaurant. When the last time you seen a "No Ass Shaking" sign at Outback or Red Lobster. Why does a black restaurant have to have a sign telling people to exercise proper decorum. That shit would be insulting.
When the last time you heard you heard RL or outback playing booty music with dimmed night club style lighting. I could see if it was in a dimly lit fine dining spot but his ain't that. There's a clear difference.

No man

That spot ain't ruth chris, blame the confused owner for having a weak vision. It's wild insulting that y'all implying that black women don't know how to act in situations that are clearly different from what's presented in a "normal" (y'all mean white) restaurant.

it can only be right because its his business and thats it

regardless of anyones personal views on twerking, or music, or any of that shit

now the part thats slippery is considering if this was a white restaurant owner....there would be no question he was racist and hates ass clapping lol

When the last time you heard you heard RL or outback playing booty music with dimmed night club style lighting. I could see if it was in a dimly lit fine dining spot but his ain't that. There's a clear difference.

lol bruh stop it. There is a Friday's by my house that you could mistake for the club with the way they play music and they don't have signs either. What you're suggesting is ridiculous. That chick knew she wasn't at the club. Black business owners should not have to assume that their black customers have no self control or ability to distinguish when certain behaviors are appropriate and when they're not. What are you saying about our people here? lol

That spot ain't ruth chris, blame the confused owner for having a weak vision. It's wild insulting that y'all implying that black women don't know how to act in situations that are clearly different from what's presented in a "normal" (y'all mean white) restaurant.
Who said black? We said women.

This why Chuck e cheese has gone to shit because adults started taking the focus off the kids and making it about them wanting to have fun at a kids party and Chuck E Cheese management never corrected them

He was right. There is a time and place for everything. Idc what kinda music come on, sing along to the shit instead. It’s funny what people will try in black owned restaurants but not in other restaurants. People that know me know I will dance anywhere...anywhere. I also got the sense and control to know when to dance and when not to dance and I damn sure won’t be twerking at a family restaurant. Yea he could’ve addressed the chick directly but hell why not make a blanket statement so everybody could understand.

LMAO @ put up signs. What would a “no twerking” sign look like in a restaurant?
Kinda like a no farting sign without the gas.

IMG_20191223_175801_744.jpg

If that's the case wouldn't it be wise as the owner to put up a sign for proper behaviour in his establishment?

That along with his outburst tells me dude isn't exactly on top of things over there.

Hell no, think about what that signals to people when they first walk into that establishment and seeing a sign like that. IMO that automatically signals that this place has a certain type of crowd that a lot people would not want to be around during a dining experience especially if they are with kids and/or older people.

Bad business to put signs like that up. It's not elementary school where overactive kids need constant reminders to behave themselves.

He was right in addressing it just wrong for cussing while addressing it IMO

plot twist just because

bruh caught his wife out on a date 2 months ago.....at a fine dining establishment......twerkin all up and down the antipasto bar

he was triggered
Were they Roscoes Chicken and Waffle?

Are they black?

Did the 'owner' come out on his soap box?

• Ether
Reactions: 1/2
From the looks of it, NOLA has a restaurant VERY similar to this one. They offer semi fine dining options but not some a la carte shit like most of the fine dining restaurants do.

This restaurant plays ALL kinds of local music as well as the newer rnb artists. Sza, summer walker, etc... And guess what, even when I've been there and someone was celebrating a bday, not a single female has started twerking during a song.

In seeing this word normal more and more.

What's normal?
Just because everyone does it doesn't mean it's normal. Like niggas can't be sheep.

lol bruh stop it. There is a Friday's by my house that you could mistake for the club with the way they play music and they don't have signs either. What you're suggesting is ridiculous. That chick knew she wasn't at the club. Black business owners should not have to assume that their black customers have no self control or ability to distinguish when certain behaviors are appropriate and when they're not. What are you saying about our people here? lol
You're comparing a national food chain with a one off business, one has a very professional/corporate board that dictates how they're supposed to be run and most ppl get that same white bread experience at all of them. That also influences the behaviour that occurs when ppl visit those places. I hope I don't need to further explain to you how different a tgi is to this one unknown spot.

Back