Welcome To aBlackWeb

Wrong or Right? Restaurant owner shuts down twerk session

Wrong or Right

• Total voters
LMAO!!!!!!!

200.webp

He played booty music and had one chick shaking her ass, so the bar majority of the ladies there kept themselves under "control". The outrage over this is way overblown.
you right....them chicks were outraged and wasnt even dancing.

totally ocverblown

He was right. There is a time and place for everything. Idc what kinda music come on, sing along to the shit instead. It’s funny what people will try in black owned restaurants but not in other restaurants. People that know me know I will dance anywhere...anywhere. I also got the sense and control to know when to dance and when not to dance and I damn sure won’t be twerking at a family restaurant. Yea he could’ve addressed the chick directly but hell why not make a blanket statement so everybody could understand.

LMAO @ put up signs. What would a “no twerking” sign look like in a restaurant?

I dont take any issue with dude addressing it outside of cursing at folks.. that was a bit much.. but he should take some responsibility himself.

If your goal is to present a classy restaraunt for folks to enjoy food, good company and conversation.. how bout not having club music blasting all throughout the restaraunt if that's not the vibe you're going for.

I dont wanna hear that bodyodyodyody bullshit in the first place I damn sure dont wanna hear it while im trying to enjoy a meal lol

He was right. There is a time and place for everything. Idc what kinda music come on, sing along to the shit instead. It’s funny what people will try in black owned restaurants but not in other restaurants. People that know me know I will dance anywhere...anywhere. I also got the sense and control to know when to dance and when not to dance and I damn sure won’t be twerking at a family restaurant. Yea he could’ve addressed the chick directly but hell why not make a blanket statement so everybody could understand.

like it can get ratchet at any time to the point you need signs up.

ehhhh
i dunno

if it wasnt meant for you in general why would you be offended?

man said fuck....while trying to protect the image of his income.
I'm just saying, after he said that, people stopped listening and returned to clanking dishes and talking. Voided his own message, imo

Great fucking point.

lol @ people saying he was playing booty music, so he should have expected it. Really? So now black women don't have any self control? If they hear some music with a little thump, they are going to have to start shaking ass no matter what the time and place? That shit is ridiculous.

I do agree with those that say he should have directed his tirade towards the guilty party and not at every woman there. That part was out of line, but if I had to guess, this shit was probably something building up for him and he was just getting it off his chest. It doesn't bother me as much as it clearly does him, but I do think it's annoying to see how quickly some black people (men and women) are quick to go into jiggaboo mode whenever music comes on. We are a musically inclined people, and that's cool, but sometimes the shit goes overboard. Like I was at the doctor's office and this chick got called to the back. As she was walking, someone's phone went off with a pop song ringtone. She instantly dropped down and started shaking her ass like the shit was cute, but it wasn't.

lol @ people saying he was playing booty music, so he should have expected it. Really? So now black women don't have any self control? If they hear some music with a little thump, they are going to have to start shaking ass no matter what the time and place? That shit is ridiculous.

I do agree with those that say he should have directed his tirade towards the guilty party and not at every woman there. That part was out of line, but if I had to guess, this shit was probably something building up for him and he was just getting it off his chest. It doesn't bother me as much as it clearly does him, but I do think it's annoying to see how quickly some black people (men and women) are quick to go into jiggaboo mode whenever music comes on. We are a musically inclined people, and that's cool, but sometimes the shit goes overboard. Like I was at the doctor's office and this chick got called to the back. As she was walking, someone's phone went off with a pop song ringtone. She instantly dropped down and started shaking her ass like the shit was cute, but it wasn't.
APs advocate but, what if this wasn't the first time this has happened was his response was after x amount of times and he finally got fed up with it ??‍♂️

His choice in wording leads me to believe this wasn't the first time this has happened

Fuck him and his tirade

I hope everyone that agrees with him planning on donating to his gofundme

APs advocate but, what if this wasn't the first time this has happened was his response was after x amount of times and he finally got fed up with it ??‍♂️

His choice in wording leads me to believe this wasn't the first time this has happened
If that's the case wouldn't it be wise as the owner to put up a sign for proper behaviour in his establishment?

That along with his outburst tells me dude isn't exactly on top of things over there.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. It sounds like he was fed up and getting it off his chest. That's understandable, however I still don't really like that kinda thing. Think about how annoyed we as men get when women are always on that "you men need to stop sexual harassing" shit. I don't sexually harass anyone, so I don't care how pervasive a chick thinks it is, I don't want her addressing me like that about. If we're being consistent, then we gotta respect the fact that there were probably women that he was addressing that feel similarly.

If that's the case wouldn't it be wise as the owner to put up a sign for proper behaviour in his establishment?

That along with his outburst tells me dude isn't exactly on top of things over there.

Come on son, really? It's a restaurant. When the last time you seen a "No Ass Shaking" sign at Outback or Red Lobster. Why does a black restaurant have to have a sign telling people to exercise proper decorum. That shit would be insulting.

Back