Welcome To aBlackWeb

Wrong or Right? Restaurant owner shuts down twerk session

Wrong or Right

• Total voters
Everyone focusing on the speech but why is this owner fully packed during a pandemic that's killed up to 300k people

55c64b94dd29af9c68b983c4eb11574e.gif

idc what the women were doing. 1. as a business owner there is a certain way you go about handling rowdy patrons. cussing at them and then having this obnoxious energy that hes trying to create a classy experience for Black ppl is horseshit. how much was the door price? how was this place marketed to its local body?

i know a lot of you salivate at treating other Black ppl like shit and cant wait for the day you can shame and kick out Black ppl in your own establishments but as someone that lives around Black ppl ...still, no Black person is twerking in high end resturants/lounges.

this shit doesnt even look upscale lmao

if he wants a certain type of crowd he should have changed his whole business model. i have Black business owner friends that always state in order to attract a certain crowd, it has to be marketed a certain way

again, hes approach is wrong, corny and weak.
if i wanna be talk down to and kicked out on my ass for twerking to TWERK songs in some rinky dink ass diner

ill go with the white folks up the street.

fuck him and fuck yalls corny ass takes as well

I get what point you're trying to make. I just think its stupid, and I honestly don't know how you can believe what you're saying is worthwhile. A lot of restaurants have to put up the signs. It's not a choice. It's a mandate. That in itself invalidates this dumbass comparison you're making.

It's not just an atmosphere with D&B. It's the business model. D&B isn't just a restaurant. It's a restaurant/gaming lounge. They promote the gaming as much as they promote the food, so of course they would have to let people know if they got rid of the gaming. I don't know anything about the restaurant in this case, but I'm assuming he doesn't actively promote dancing at his restaurant. He isn't putting commercials out there identifying his restaurant as a club, so why would he need to put a sign up telling people that it's not a club. That makes no sense. Once again, your whole argument rests on the idea that certain music and dim lighting automatically imply that booty shaking is appropriate, and that's not true, so your argument is pretty much void.
I starting to think reading is not your strong suit, I literally said that mandate or no mandate it's irrelevant why the signs are there only that they're proven to enforce behaviours out of clients/customers. Again, very simple point. That applies very well to topic at hand. Had he done that none of this would've happened.

D and B has a business model and an atmosphere they are directly linked. It explicit that they are about food and games. Not fine dining or clubbing or long rpg type games but quick and easy meals and quick and easy games for the casual customer. If they suddenly limited things to just food and kept the games and screens on it'd be quite odd and misleading to ppl. Again, another super simple point. Idk how you keep missing it.

The owner of that spot had every chance to enforce how he wants things to be and chose the most bitch made and least effective way to do it.

he also treated them that way because they were Black. that needs to be addressed. if becca and lindsey was twerking, how do you feel that conversation would have went?

idc what the women were doing. 1. as a business owner there is a certain way you go about handling rowdy patrons. cussing at them and then having this obnoxious energy that hes trying to create a classy experience for Black ppl is horseshit. how much was the door price? how was this place marketed to its local body?

i know a lot of you salivate at treating other Black ppl like shit and cant wait for the day you can shame and kick out Black ppl in your own establishments but as someone that lives around Black ppl ...still, no Black person is twerking in high end resturants/lounges.

if he wants a certain type of crowd he should have changed his whole business model. i have Black business owner friends that always state in order to attract a certain crowd, it has to be marketed a certain way

if i wanna be talk down to and kicked out on my ass for twerking to TWERK songs in some rinky dink ass diner

if you ever come to New Orleans...go to Morrow's

bomb food, dope atmosphere, black owned, local music and popular music from black artists and no twerking

when are you gonna start holding people accountable for their actions. If you wanna twerk and shit, have a house party or go to the club. Gawd forbid you have to actually sit there, bob your head to the beat and actually talk to the people you came to the restaurant with for an hr like everyone else without feeling like you should be able to twerk anywhere you want

he also treated them that way because they were Black. that needs to be addressed. if becca and lindsey was twerking, how do you feel that conversation would have went?
you're making it a race thing when it's not

it's a black owned restaurant, not that white people dont frequent these spots, but i wouldnt expect to see them here, but to answer your question, if there was an opportunity for him to do so and he didnt, then yes, he is a sucka, clown, bozo, etc...

the woman was out of line, point, blank period

if you ever come to New Orleans...go to Morrow's

bomb food, dope atmosphere, black owned, local music and popular music from black artists and no twerking

when are you gonna start holding people accountable for their actions. If you wanna twerk and shit, have a house party or go to the club. Gawd forbid you have to actually sit there, bob your head to the beat and actually talk to the people you came to the restaurant with for an hr like everyone else without feeling like you should be able to twerk anywhere you want

boy shut up

I starting to think reading is not your strong suit, I literally said that mandate or no mandate it's irrelevant why the signs are there only that they're proven to enforce behaviours out of clients/customers. Again, very simple point. That applies very well to topic at hand. Had he done that none of this would've happened.

D and B has a business model and an atmosphere they are directly linked. It explicit that they are about food and games. Not fine dining or clubbing or long rpg type games but quick and easy meals and quick and easy games for the casual customer. If they suddenly limited things to just food and kept the games and screens on it'd be quite odd and misleading to ppl. Again, another super simple point. Idk how you keep missing it.

The owner of that spot had every chance to enforce how he wants things to be and chose the most bitch made and least effective way to do it.

Logic is apparently not something you understand. The bold shows that you clearly understand the difference between the two establishment that you're choosing to ignore. Gaming is part of the intended D&B experience, so they would have to put a sign up if for some reason people couldn't play the games. Dancing and twerking IS NOT part of the intended experience for this restaurant, so why would he have to put a sign up to tell people not to dance. Again, your whole argument rests on this idea that the restaurants use of upbeat music and dim lighting means that people would universally think that twerking is ok. That's simply not true, and if that's not true then nothing else you're saying holds any weight.

This is going nowhere though, so I'm gonna let it go.

again, Black ppl are not twerking at high end resturants. im not critiquing the behavior of Black customers. Im critiquing the owner because again, a simple “we dont really want ppl dancing” would have sufficed

this dickhead wanted a viral moment. this whole “Im trying to make this better for Black ppl” corny ass speech was unwarranted

like i dont know why this is hard to grasp lmao

Last edited:
you're making it a race thing when it's not

it's a black owned restaurant, not that white people dont frequent these spots, but i wouldnt expect to see them here, but to answer your question, if there was an opportunity for him to do so and he didnt, then yes, he is a sucka, clown, bozo, etc...

the woman was out of line, point, blank period

its always about race. welcome to america bozo

again, Black ppl are not twerking at high end resturants. im not critiquing the behavior of Black customers. Im critiquing the owner because again, a simple “we dont really want ppl dancing” would have sufficed

this dickhead wanted a viral moment. this whole “Im trying to make this better for Black ppl” corny ass speech was unwarranted

like i dont why this is hard to grasp lmao

I don't think anyone is arguing against that. I believe it was pretty much universally agreed that he could have delivered his message better. The debate is more about whether or not it was even correct to express that kind of sentiment.

I honestly think he just lost his cool and ranted, but in today's world you can never dismiss the possibility that someone is doing something for clout so you could be right about that.

Black women are consistently shitted on these type of situations. this man is dumb because Black women tend to frequent these type of spots and spend a lot of money.

trust me... i know.

this wasnt a power play. he fumbled the ball here and probably lost a huge spending bloc

I mean, to your point, there are white owners of clubs and restaurants that have a dress code that isnt design to discriminate against black people. It does however discriminate against black people due to the prohibiting of apparel that black people mostly wear. And in that case, folks dont like that.

So is it, discriminate against a certain targeted clientele or is it set a expectations for the clientele for all clientele? History would suggest that black people would want the latter. That being said, when expectations are set. And set with a certain strength, because as black folks we know black folks don't respect weakness.

As dude said, even more stated, I want the men that come here to know there is a certain decorum that I expect from them too. But it makes it harder for me to hold them to that decorum if you dont hold yourself to that same standard.

We cant have everything all ways without the things that make things the way they are

like i dont why this is hard to grasp lmao
you know this how?

you know what...dont answer this...

i'm tapped out

Black women are consistently shitted on these type of situations. this man is dumb because Black women tend to frequent these type of spots and spend a lot of money.

trust me... i know.

this wasnt a power play. he fumbled the ball here and probably lost a huge spending bloc

Just for clarity, do you think his fumble was him expressing distaste for twerking in his establishment or just him ranting and basically talking down to all the women present.

I don't think anyone is arguing against that. I believe it was pretty much universally agreed that he could have delivered his message better. The debate is more about whether or not it was even correct to express that kind of sentiment.

I honestly think he just lost his cool and ranted, but in today's world you can never dismiss the possibility that someone is doing something for clout so you could be right about that.

sure he can express that sentiment, its his place, but its simple to correct behavior that you dont want in YOUR resturant.

“hey ladies i know you guys wanna have fun lol and trust me i be turning up too but we really dont want any dancing in here in respect of other patrons and plus thats not really the vibe we are going for at this time...trying to keep everyone safe *insert fake ass laugh* hahaha”

boom ....bam

Back