Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Would “parity”die in the NFL if we eliminated the draft?

vets won’t suffer bro

If you issue every team the same amount of money to sign rookies how will one benefit over the other?

Vets are suffering from the rookie wage scale right now

Because teams feels its cheaper to draft a rookie due to the scale as opposed to signing a vet

And the rookie wage scale has been terrible for the rookies

You guys want to get ride of the draft but keep all the same mechanics....it doesn't make sense

You know what else is weird

NBA franchises like Utah have an issue attracting free agents but I'm supposed to believe enough high profile players would automatically sign in a city like Cincinatti right out of college?

Vets are suffering from the rookie wage scale right now

Because teams feels its cheaper to draft a rookie due to the scale as opposed to signing a vet

And the rookie wage scale has been terrible for the rookies

You guys want to get ride of the draft but keep all the same mechanics....it doesn't make sense
I don’t want the rookie scale

Again, using the baseball model, you have a pool of money

If you are in a bidding war against another team, that money is tied up until the player signs. Meanwhile, all the other talent is getting poached. If that player doesn't sign with you, you get that money "back" but you might not have anyone to spend it on because you blew your load on one player.

Again, using the baseball model, you have a pool of money

If you are in a bidding war against another team, that money is tied up until the player signs. Meanwhile, all the other talent is getting poached. If that player doesn't sign with you, you get that money "back" but you might not have anyone to spend it on because you blew your load on one player.

A pool of money?

How much? I wanna see where you go with this because it ain’t gon work the way you think

A pool of money?

How much? I wanna see where you go with this because it ain’t gon work the way you think
It works in baseball, it can work on the NFL if people stop holding onto tradition and this is the way it's always been

Just think at one point there was no free agency in the NFL bc it was a foreign concept at the time and I'm sure there were people who thought the league was gonna crumble or some shit.

Looks like that working albeit it can still be improved in the way of contract structuring.

As far as the pool is concerned, that would have to be something negotiated but I suspect it would have to be relative to the NFL as they have a cap but even in baseball where there is no cap there is still a pool of money that teams can spend

Baseball has a whole minor league system and rookies in the nfl would get nothing with the stuff you talking about

Baseball has a whole minor league system and rookies in the nfl would get nothing with the stuff you talking about
Yes they have a minor league system that's still predicated on a draft system.

They can draft and stash or rather develop but you wouldn't need to do that in the NFL anyway since the rule is you have to be three years removed from your high school senior year.

What's your point for bringing up the farm system

players got suffer because teams can’t get their shit straight? Nah

The same teams are already relevant every year anyway give or take 1 or 2

how are players suffering if they get rid of franchise tags and limit rookie contracts to 2 yrs?

what player would volunteer to play for a sorry team if they had the right to choose upfront?

how do you maintain parity or give sorry orgs the chance to get their shit together if good teams get to market to all of the potential superstars?

I don't see what the real benefit would be to changing the draft situation from what it is already

Back