Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Would “parity”die in the NFL if we eliminated the draft?

Nah y’all just keep bringing up that “geography” reason and I see through the BS. If the Cowboys had Jaguars level following. This wouldn’t be a thing. Niggas ain’t bussing to games. Who cares about actual geography.

Y’all want the Cowboys in the NFCS for all the media coverage and attention. And I get it, the world revolves around y’all in NCAAFB as SEC guys. I can see feeling entitled that your pro teams should be the same but that’s not happening.

Cowboys would fight against that anyway. If you’re the biggest team playing in a division against #1, #4, #6 market >>> #10, # 11, # 50 . That’s hustling backwards. Better make do with the Panthers nigga

What?

hell naw bruh. You going to deep with this lmao

You off the rails with this one. Market size don’t matter to teams like Pitt and GB when it comes to eyes watching.

Cowboys gon draw big regardless and I don’t give two shit bout them being same division as my team.

The LSU/ulm etc example doesn't work because LSU is the state school and receives the bulk of State funding on top of what they charge for tuition. The other schools would never be able to compete.

All the teams in the nfl regardless of location are on even playing field due to the cap. The way they are run is what separates them

What?

hell naw bruh. You going to deep with this lmao

You off the rails with this one. Market size don’t matter to teams like Pitt and GB when it comes to eyes watching.

Cowboys gon draw big regardless and I don’t give two shit bout them being same division as my team.

Dog it’s simple, Cowboy fans are everywhere.

No city/market is immune. They’re everywhere. It might seem like Louisiana might be different because y’all closer but it’s like that everywhere. So bigger markets are gonna have more of their fans. It’s a number game.

Like I legit think there’s more Cowboys fans posters from DC,Maryland, Virginia on this board than there’s WFT fans. And it’s like that in real life.
Tri State bunch of Dal fans
South Jersey/Philly/Delaware Cowboy fans. Etc

So yes if there is a sheer number of more fans in those markets. Yes it makes sense to care about the markets in that particular instance.

Dog it’s simple, Cowboy fans are everywhere.

No city/market is immune. They’re everywhere. It might seem like Louisiana might be different because y’all closer but it’s like that everywhere. So bigger markets are gonna have more of their fans. It’s a number game.

Like I legit think there’s more Cowboys fans posters from DC,Maryland, Virginia on this board than there’s WFT fans. And it’s like that in real life.
Tri State bunch of Dal fans
South Jersey/Philly/Delaware Cowboy fans. Etc

So yes if there is a sheer number of more fans in those markets. Yes it makes sense to care about the markets in that particular instance.
A lot of them are older fans I bet and the younger ones are fans by default

My supervisor (rip) was from Florida but grew up a cowboys fan because they caught their games on TV. There weren't other teams in the region to root for. That's not the case today. You mainly by and large root for the team in your state if you were born there. For the most part

Hell ya it would hurt parity. Just look at college football, and add in the ability to keep your players longer. And rookies help you not eat too much cap space.

Chase Young, Justin Jefferson, and Devin White total about $19 million against the cap in 2021. For comparison, Kenny Golloday counts $21 million against the cap in 2022. If you let top/popular teams get access to that much talent, for that cheap you hurt parity.

Hell ya it would hurt parity. Just look at college football, and add in the ability to keep your players longer. And rookies help you not eat too much cap space.

Chase Young, Justin Jefferson, and Devin White total about $19 million against the cap in 2021. For comparison, Kenny Golloday counts $21 million against the cap in 2022. If you let top/popular teams get access to that much talent, for that cheap you hurt parity.
What if you put a cap on rookie signings?

What if you put a cap on rookie signings?

The number would be too high to really matter since they're not trying to replace their entire roster. Like let's say it's 12. That's a kinda low number. If a top team can bring in 12 would be 1st -3rd round quality guys they'll stay dominant.

Getting rid of any sort of rookie wage scale COULD help prevent talent from pooling on just a few teams though.

most def it would kill parity and eventually kill the NFL

those poorly run franchises wouldn't stand a chance.........the better teams would be able to stack talent as long as that rookie deal structure is in place

maybe structuring rookie deals to 2yrs max and getting rid of franchise tags could help the players get paid their worth

but you need those stars to go to those shitty teams............otherwise you will just end up with the same 4/5 teams being relevant every year

those bubble/sorry teams wouldn't even get talked about.........who would play for them if nobody is forced to go there?

most def it would kill parity and eventually kill the NFL

those poorly run franchises wouldn't stand a chance.........the better teams would be able to stack talent as long as that rookie deal structure is in place

maybe structuring rookie deals to 2yrs max and getting rid of franchise tags could help the players get paid their worth

but you need those stars to go to those shitty teams............otherwise you will just end up with the same 4/5 teams being relevant every year

those bubble/sorry teams wouldn't even get talked about.........who would play for them if nobody is forced to go there?

players got suffer because teams can’t get their shit straight? Nah

The same teams are already relevant every year anyway give or take 1 or 2

Lmao.

Vets would suffer the most.

Yea. Let’s turn NFL into Bama vs Clemson every year.

Sighs

You still put a cap on the number of players you can sign

Y'all really making this harder than it has to be

One team, trying to be cheap loading up on rookie talent would get destroyed come regular season play unless every one of their picks are NFL ready by game 1. That just doesn't happen

It’s a cap on how many players you can sign in college. The shit would he exactly the same

If Trevor Lawrence had a choice would he choose Jacksonville?
Probably not

But let's say he wanted to go to Seattle. Seattle not just gonna dump Wilson with the cap hit they would take. They could certainly sign him to take over someday but they wouldn't be able to just cut bait with him with no penalty.

We're seeing the Browns and Titans turn around finally. Some teams are great at drafting and free agency while some suck

You had to feel good for Browns fans last season. Finally won a playoff game

Chargers could end up becoming good again. Herbert looks like a beast

If Trevor Lawrence had a choice would he choose Jacksonville?

Buffalo
Miami
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Kansas City
Las Vegas
La chargers
Dallas
Philly
Green bay
Minnesota
Tampa
Arizona
Seattle
La Rams

I think are teams with established starters in place. So who’s left?

New England
NY Jets
Houston
Jacksonville
Denver
Washington
NY Giants
Chicago
Detroit
New Orleans
Atlanta
San Francisco

From the options available he’s probably go elsewhere but who knows? He won’t be given the option.

Probably not

But let's say he wanted to go to Seattle. Seattle not just gonna dump Wilson with the cap hit they would take. They could certainly sign him to take over someday but they wouldn't be able to just cut bait with him with no penalty.
He likely wouldn't go for a team that's good at QB. Probably one that looks good but still needs a QB

Back