Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Would “parity”die in the NFL if we eliminated the draft?

Hater Hearst Helmsley

I AM THE GAME
Debate we’ve been having in the nfl off-season thread. IMO you can’t be a fan of a free market system for players and be opposed to eliminating the draft. Let these young dudes get what they’re worth on the open market.

It won’t push veterans out
It won’t hurt small market teams
Teams won’t sign all the players due to roster limits

There’s no downside.

Discuss

a lot of my gas is in the other thread but i think they should definitely allow entries to the draft to pick their own team

and there has to be rules in place to prevent a team from stacking prospects

a lot of my gas is in the other thread but i think they should definitely allow entries to the draft to pick their own team

and there has to be rules in place to prevent a team from stacking prospects

Would you do it like the mlb does and allot every team a pool from which they can sign players? Granted the pool baseball uses is for signing bonus money but you get the point.

At least that would make teams hesitate before dropping all their bread on one player.

@AP2.0 keep referring to QBs? Why?

the chiefs just lost their top top tackles. If I’m the best RT or LT I would go straight to them. they just lost a WR too. So I’m im chase. I’m not going to a team that wasn’t that good the year before. I’m going to play with mahomes.

And the chiefs would just keep on ticking.

Another example. The Saints just lost Brees and still have a loaded roster.

If I’m Trevor Lawrence I’ll sign with NOLA and have an
Offense of genius and play make up all over the field.

that would leave good teams good and teams that was bad stay bad.

Bad teams would stay bad for long ass time.
You can't play them all at the same time.

But I listed other positions. You can't all play those guys at the same time without it costing you something else in the process

They get a chance at the top young players though.

You trying to take away the chance of them getting a franchise QB
How many franchise qbs have been drafted in the top 5?

And by franchise, I mean that have had long sustaining success with the team that drafted them or took the team from shit to the upper echelon

You can't play them all at the same time.

But I listed other positions. You can't all play those guys at the same time without it costing you something else in the process

The fuck you can.
You can go 4 deep at WR easy as fuck.

you can go 4 deep at CB and 3 deep at Safety real easy.

you can go 6 deep on the dline.
You can go 2 deep at RB.
You can go 2 deep at TE

Only QB and Oliis not substitute it unless it’s a injury.

What is you even saying right now. Do you watch football fam?

Absolutely. But the people that don't like this probably think the cowboys should still be in the nfc EAST so... Yeah

You got a deal if LSU goes to the Sun Belt?

Only EST zone teams in the SouthEASTern conference.

Not the same. It’s difference from playing in the power 5.

It’s no difference from playing in the NFC East or NFC South

Power 5 is only Power 5 because of tradition. Since we saying fuck tradition. Make it a Power 6 now.

Y’all can play closer geographical teams in conference like ULM, Rajun Cajuns, throw UH in there. Make new rivalries.

Power 5 is only Power 5 because of tradition. Since we saying fuck tradition. Make it a Power 6 now.

Y’all can play closer geographical teams in conference like ULM, Rajun Cajuns, throw UH in there. Make new rivalries.

If was then evolved to where elite coaching, football -and facilities are. Who the fuck would go to ULM and go work out in weaker facilities.

Not the same

You tried though lol

The fuck you can.
You can go 4 deep at WR easy as fuck.

you can go 4 deep at CB and 3 deep at Safety real easy.

you can go 6 deep on the dline.
You can go 2 deep at RB.
You can go 2 deep at TE

Only QB and Oliis not substitute it unless it’s a injury.

What is you even saying right now. Do you watch football fam?
So you're going to roll out a team full of rookie players at each position vs a team of veterans with rookies sprinkled in it?

I know you can play them all the same time b

If was then evolved to where elite coaching, football -and facilities are. Who the fuck would go to ULM and go work out in weaker facilities.

Not the same

You tried though lol

Nah y’all just keep bringing up that “geography” reason and I see through the BS. If the Cowboys had Jaguars level following. This wouldn’t be a thing. Niggas ain’t bussing to games. Who cares about actual geography.

Y’all want the Cowboys in the NFCS for all the media coverage and attention. And I get it, the world revolves around y’all in NCAAFB as SEC guys. I can see feeling entitled that your pro teams should be the same but that’s not happening.

Cowboys would fight against that anyway. If you’re the biggest team playing in a division against #1, #4, #6 market >>> #10, # 11, # 50 . That’s hustling backwards. Better make do with the Panthers nigga

Back