Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Would “parity”die in the NFL if we eliminated the draft?

so 3 documented instances in how many years the NFL been a league? lol
I guess you missed the part where I said MOST players wont do that lmao

but yes its documented so there is precedence

and there were many many times where it was close to happening as recently as Joey Bosa...but they were able to avoid it.

again

you would have to be a VERY high profile player to do this

someone like Trevor Lawrence.

And besides...the NFL would NEVER get rid of the draft

it makes way too much money for the league. It dominates the whole weekend and the months after the combine leading up to it

that would be a terrible decision business wise for the NFL

so you're cool with kids or rather amateur athletes choosing where they would play for free but not where they would play to get paid?

Lmao.

They getting paid because of how the system is. Teams would fold and system will fail.

NFL is king due to every team having a chance every year.

Top players getting paid in college. Don’t let anybody fool ya. I can tell you that without a doubt

Lmao.

They getting paid because of how the system is. Teams would fold and system will fail.

Top players getting paid in college. Don’t let anybody fool ya. I can tell you that without a doubt

tenor.gif

It'll be no different than some of the big names that signed w/ your Bucs last offseason

"riight"

Again if you don't have a problem w/ the current FA. Then why is it a problem for incoming rookies to have the same opportunities to chose what situation is right for them.

Terrible comparison. Brady (people thought he was washed, and he had little interest), Gronk was injury prone and retired (little to no interest), AB was a suspended head case (little to no interest), Fournette was an average RB that struggles to get 4.0 ypc (little interest).

That's nothing like being able to rack up on the most wanted players available.

Lmao.

you're arguing points I never made

I'm not talking about college players not getting money under the table. We know that happens...so now that we both agree. They "dont get paid" and are still amateur athletes and get to choose where they go. There's an entire signing day dedicated to this. They choose.

There is revenue sharing in the nfl is there not? How is the league going to fold? How are teams going to fail? They still have scouting staffs dont they?

its amazing baseball has been around longer than the NFL and isnt folding, and that's without a cap.

I think there have been maybe less than 5 instances where a team with the lowest payroll won the WS. I'm being too lazy to look it up, but the yankees with probably the biggest payroll in baseball at certain points werent guaranteed the title. You still have to play. You still have to scout. You still have to develop.

its amazing baseball has been around longer than the NFL and isnt folding, and that's without a cap.

I think there have been maybe less than 5 instances where a team with the lowest payroll won the WS. I'm being too lazy to look it up, but the yankees with probably the biggest payroll in baseball at certain points werent guaranteed the title. You still have to play. You still have to scout. You still have to develop.

Baseball is going down and down.

And again. It’s not the same due to them having a whole minor league system

“While MLB does not have a set salary cap, the luxury tax charge teams with high payrolls a considerable amount of money, giving team ample reason to want to keep their payrolls below that”

Folks ain’t just paying players in the MLB like they used to.

Gotta do digging before you say stuff like this.

And besides...the NFL would NEVER get rid of the draft

it makes way too much money for the league. It dominates the whole weekend and the months after the combine leading up to it

that would be a terrible decision business wise for the NFL
only b/c people dont like to let go of tradition

the combine aint what it used to be...well, personally speaking. I used to watch that shit from my desk at work. I dont even know when it is anymore b/c you cant reproduce a lot of that shit come game time and some people have had "bad" combines and have become great players despite what some white man will tell you that he's slow b/c he ran a 4.6 instead of a 4.4.

Im talking SOLELY about the draft...the draft...the draft!!!

baseball also allows 16yrs olds to get drafted by a team as a prospect. That team retains their rights even when they go to college iirc. I'm not 100% sure. I'm not in here saying the NLF should do that.

I am proposing a draft pool of players and money. All the teams have the same amount of money and the drafting is done with a bidding system. Lets focus on this.

so, lets say, NE and CLE both want Trevor L. (lets ignore current roster composition).

NE has more prestige, sure, but both them and CLE make the same bid for Trevor L.

Meanwhile, until Trevor makes a decision, that amount is tied up in both teams, decreasing their available pool of money.

Trevor picks NE, that money is reduced from NE draft budget, CLE gets it back. Now CLE has more money and more prospects to bid on.

This is the same concept when teams intentionally pass on players in the draft. Not everyone is going to command high bids.

How about this.

What’s the problem with the nfl and having a draft?
as its currently constructed, the same teams end up at the top of the draft and have shown their inability to develop players. They tend to have shitty roster construction as well and inept front offices.

Now if they do something like the NBA where the top 4 teams all have the same percent to get the no 1 pick. I think that's better than the current whoever has the worst record gets the no. 1 pick every year.

Terrible comparison. Brady (people thought he was washed, and he had little interest), Gronk was injury prone and retired (little to no interest), AB was a suspended head case (little to no interest), Fournette was an average RB that struggles to get 4.0 ypc (little interest).

That's nothing like being able to rack up on the most wanted players available.

Again none of that had anything to do w/ what I've brought up.

And no matter the players circumstance

THEY STILL HAD A CHOSE OF WHAT TO DO WITH THEIR CAREER.

200w_d.gif

200w_d.gif

Wrong. This was AB only chance.

Wrong. If LF didn’t clear waivers and another team picked him he would have been with them.

A for effort

200w_d.gif

Then you're on a tangent. The question is would getting rid of the draft kill parity, and that's what I answered. You're arguing if it's fair rookies don't get to choose their team. That's a separate conversation.

“While MLB does not have a set salary cap, the luxury tax charge teams with high payrolls a considerable amount of money, giving team ample reason to want to keep their payrolls below that”

Folks ain’t just paying players in the MLB like they used to.

Gotta do digging before you say stuff like this.

2 different cats signed contracts worth over 300 mil this past offseason

Wrong. This was AB only chance.

Wrong. If LF didn’t clear waivers and another team picked him he would have been with them.

A for effort

Was AB forced to sign or did he chose? Even if it was his only option. Keyword here OPTION. Again Choices

LF also could've chose not to report to that team as well. again Choices.

F for comprehension

Was AB forced to sign or did he chose? Even if it was his only option. Keyword here OPTION. Again Choices

LF also could've chose not to report to that team as well. again Choices.

F for comprehension

Wrong.

name the other option AB had? I’ll wait.

and LF would have played. 100% would have. Contract year.

Soooooooo Swing and a miss.

I’m done with y’all for today in here.

Back