Welcome To aBlackWeb

Work Out, Get Fit Thread

Scale hit at 195 this morning. First time I’ve been under 200 in almost 10 years. Lost over 10 lbs in the last 4 weeks or so getting ready for this Jamaica trip. All this while gaining muscle so feeling really good right now. I need to keep a trip on the calendar because that’s when I’m most motivated, lol.

What I’ve learned is it’s not as hard as I always thought. Just find good substitutes for the foods that hinder your diet. But even with the weight loss I see just how much further I need to go.

yeah, so a bruh hit the scales a couple of weeks ago and the shit was just short of 300lbs.

scust3.jpg

^^^ my face when...

So for the last week and a half I went back to my post-surgery diet of a vegan meal replacement shake for breakfast and lunch and a small portioned dinner. Snacking is an issue, 'cause I'm constantly craving chips and shit like that and be wanting to slip out to hit up somebody's fast food joint for a burger or chicken sammich. But, I've been holding steady as hard as that shit is. Completely dropped energy drinks, to which I had to start drinking unsweetened black tea to keep some amount caffeine flowing otherwise I'll have Godzilla rage and destroy half of Vegas. No more pop too, had to replace it with sparkling water (found a lemon ginger joint that's drinkable).

Loaded up Focus T25 on my RasPi connected to the TV and I start that today, later this week I'll be heading back to the gym. Trying to get as far under 200 as I can by the end of the year.

My knees never had any issues up till two weeks ago now theyachy as fuck

Maybe jump roping is catching up with me.. i feel it much more of a hindrance climbing stairs and descending.. probably will checkin with an ortho
Not trying to be food in the zombi apocalypse

yeah, so a bruh hit the scales a couple of weeks ago and the shit was just short of 300lbs.

View attachment 891995

^^^ my face when...

So for the last week and a half I went back to my post-surgery diet of a vegan meal replacement shake for breakfast and lunch and a small portioned dinner. Snacking is an issue, 'cause I'm constantly craving chips and shit like that and be wanting to slip out to hit up somebody's fast food joint for a burger or chicken sammich. But, I've been holding steady as hard as that shit is. Completely dropped energy drinks, to which I had to start drinking unsweetened black tea to keep some amount caffeine flowing otherwise I'll have Godzilla rage and destroy half of Vegas. No more pop too, had to replace it with sparkling water (found a lemon ginger joint that's drinkable).

Loaded up Focus T25 on my RasPi connected to the TV and I start that today, later this week I'll be heading back to the gym. Trying to get as far under 200 as I can by the end of the year.

lol....that scale is a bad mufucka

Discovered another dope ass superset

Start with incline dumbbell curls (keep elbows tight)

F4025EA5-1462-4924-8E98-E05B08B5D56E.gif

Then drop the weight a bit and do circle curls to failure (2nd slide below)

3-4 sets total

You might need to start buying bigger shirts after a while

Last edited:
My knees never had any issues up till two weeks ago now theyachy as fuck

Maybe jump roping is catching up with me.. i feel it much more of a hindrance climbing stairs and descending.. probably will checkin with an ortho
Not trying to be food in the zombi apocalypse

(If im being redundant, excuse me...i havent kept up wit thread)

But i never realized how high impact running and jumping rope is until I developed a running routine...(picked it up running during covid and got more committed this year. i run 2 miles several times a week...im gonna up the distance soon, im just now getting into timing myself and trying to improve timing)

But the knee and feet pain started coming...i thought it was just aging, until i did some research and consulting and heard its apart the game! Luckily it subsided after I made some adjustments that kept it away for the most part

Along with being mindful of your running and jumping gait, invest in good socks and shoes. Thry both are important Put the bread up. They have running stores that put cameras on your feet and get you shoes based on that if you're that invested

And running is more cost intensive than i imagined...if you run regularly you'll run through some shoes like a mug...so be mindful lol

(If im being redundant, excuse me...i havent kept up wit thread)

But i never realized how high impact running and jumping rope is until I developed a running routine...(picked it up running during covid and got more committed this year. i run 2 miles several times a week...im gonna up the distance soon, im just now getting into timing myself and trying to improve timing)

But the knee and feet pain started coming...i thought it was just aging, until i did some research and consulting and heard its apart the game! Luckily it subsided after I made some adjustments that kept it away for the most part

Along with being mindful of your running and jumping gait, invest in good socks and shoes. Thry both are important Put the bread up. They have running stores that put cameras on your feet and get you shoes based on that if you're that invested

And running is more cost intensive than i imagined...if you run regularly you'll run through some shoes like a mug...so be mindful lol
...Run
excuse-me-who-are-you-talking-to.gif

I took two weeks off from ball major pain is gone but I have pain...never had that..imma set up an ortho at some point have been continuing to jump rope..i do need some new kick though.. added the heavy rope back not 100 percent but it bearable.. ill have to really test it when i get a chance

How do other runners here feel about running watches? I’m curious because I ran with one for years but I ditched it a month ago and I’ve been enjoying running a lot more since. I was almost obsessed with checking my heart rate and pace during running and I was listening to my watch more than my body.

Obviously it is useful, especially if you need to track things and train with a very specific goal in mind. I only run for my physical and mental wellbeing. Since we already look at screens so much and our brains are flooded with information all the time, it feels freeing to go for run and just let my mind wander. I get really good ideas now during my runs.

Now I only run time and not distance. I run 30 minutes three times a week and one 60 minute run.

Back