Welcome To aBlackWeb

Woman Gets Hit With A Brick After Not Giving Guy Her Number: Update, turns herself in to police after story was found to be not true

I don't understand why there are all these weird discrepancies between how men and women are treated.

When rappers in the 90s were saying "bitches ain't shit" they caught heat from women. When those rappers came out and said "We were only talking about certain women not all women." That was never accepted as a good excuse for the blatant misogyny in rap and it shouldn't have been. It doesn't matter if they weren't talking about all women. The fact that all these songs came out generalizing, popularizing, and even promoting disrespect of women in itself was and still is a problem.

Why is it so hard to understand that same logic when it comes to men? So what if women that say "ya'll black men this..." and "ya'll black men that..." don't literally mean 100% of black men on earth. Turning such comments into a constant chorus is dangerous especially when they' are not able to provide any basis for what percentage of black men they are even talking about. Again, I'm going to keep pointing this out. half the shit that black men are accused of doing isn't even true based on actual data.

No women's concerns about some black men reacting violently to being rejected shouldn't be ignored or dismissed. However, women also shouldn't be projecting the idea that this is something that a significant amount of men do or some that happens in a significant number of interactions when in reality it might be a 1/1000 occurrence. It's a problem that needs to be fixed, but you don't fix problems by misrepresenting them. I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept for people to get.

They don’t care. If a nigga say “bitches ain’t shit” it’s assumed that’s not all women. But for some reason that does not apply in any other way.

Because you're lying. It was never assumed those comments weren't directed at all women and even when niggas say "that's not all women," they aren't given a pass.

People still call rappers and others out for saying that shit all the time. In 2023, how many niggas are actually walking around saying shit like that. Not many and the ones that are, are usually scumbags. There's a reason for that.

That white woman is mad as shit over this.

Hate to say it, but this is the kind of broad that's prolly gonna force the truth to come out. She big mad over this.

I don't understand why there are all these weird discrepancies between how men and women are treated.

When rappers in the 90s were saying "bitches ain't shit" they caught heat from women. When those rappers came out and said "We were only talking about certain women not all women." That was never accepted as a good excuse for the blatant misogyny in rap and it shouldn't have been. It doesn't matter if they weren't talking about all women. The fact that all these songs came out generalizing, popularizing, and even promoting disrespect of women in itself was and still is a problem.

Why is it so hard to understand that same logic when it comes to men? So what if women that say "ya'll black men this..." and "ya'll black men that..." don't literally mean 100% of black men on earth. Turning such comments into a constant chorus is dangerous especially when they' are not able to provide any basis for what percentage of black men they are even talking about. Again, I'm going to keep pointing this out. half the shit that black men are accused of doing isn't even true based on actual data.

No women's concerns about some black men reacting violently to being rejected shouldn't be ignored or dismissed. However, women also shouldn't be projecting the idea that this is something that a significant amount of men do or some that happens in a significant number of interactions when in reality it might be a 1/1000 occurrence. It's a problem that needs to be fixed, but you don't fix problems by misrepresenting them. I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept for people to get.
1/1000 occurrence in a population of millions would mean it happens way too much. That's way more then a few or a handful.

Easy the gripes of BM aren’t listened to in a realistic way. Which makes sense. It’s apparent on multiple levels.

1/1000 occurrence in a population of millions would mean it happens way too much. That's way more then a few or a handful.

Agreed. IMO one time is too much. There is no good reason for a man to attack a woman just because he got rejected.

However, you don't attack a problem that occurs in a tenth of a percent of cases the way you attack a problem that occurs in 50% of cases. You also don't make it seem like 60% of the members of a group are responsible for something that only half a percent of the members of that group actually do. I agree this is an issue that should be fixed, but the way that it is being presented is basically the difference between a systemic issue and a problem with a pervasive group of bad actors. You don't address those two things in the same way.

Back