Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Why do you think there are so many commercials with interracial couples/families

SMH. I guess that's one way to take it, B.
I mean, we are straight and we see how offensive it is to round about insinuate that their key demo for their AIDS med is gay people. With all the shit the gay community come out against. Why do they not voice concern about that shit like they do about non gendered bathrooms and pronouns. To me..that insinuation is more troublesome. So if they not saying nothing, it’s cause they accept the insinuation. I mean, it don’t take much to get the anger and focus of the gay community.

Just to program the next generation of black boys and girls to date outside their race. Same goes for Hip Hop music videos, all you see is lightskinned mixed race girls dancing in black men music videos. Those pure black girls we saw in Ice Cube, Mobb Deep, Snoop Dogg.... music videos then. We don't see them anymore.

So MANY Black men hate themselve so much that they go for skin bleaching. What we seeing on TV is just another form of miseducation for the next generation.

Like ASAP FERG raps "" Mix blacks to dilute blacks
Don't want blacks to produce blacks
Take black and they boot that
Orange is the new black"""

I mean, we are straight and we see how offensive it is to round about insinuate that their key demo for their AIDS med is gay people. With all the shit the gay community come out against. Why do they not voice concern about that shit like they do about non gendered bathrooms and pronouns. To me..that insinuation is more troublesome. So if they not saying nothing, it’s cause they accept the insinuation. I mean, it don’t take much to get the anger and focus of the gay community.

No offense, my nigga. But that comment reeked of arrogance. I think you're falling into the same trap that lots of intelligent people fall into, including myself, once upon a time. I don't think you are giving enough credit to the possibility of something being outside of your understanding. And that's intimidating to people because people take something being outside of their understanding as a commentary on their intelligence. When it can just as easily be a commentary on their perspective.

I say all that to say that you are assuming that the LGBTQ+ community doesn't find it offensive, per your own words. When it could just as easily be that they do find it offensive and just are not making a big fuss about it for whatever reason. Or that they are making a big fuss about it, but that fuss just isn't in spaces where you and I frequent, so maybe we haven't seen it. Etc, etc, etc.

I'm not intellectually arrogant enough to feel like just because I don't understand why something is or isn't happening, that I have the perspective needed to make any sort of judgement call one way or the other.

Not everything is for me to understand.

This shit was really long-winded. Hopefully it made some sorta sense.

No offense, my nigga. But that comment reeked of arrogance. I think you're falling into the same trap that lots of intelligent people fall into, including myself, once upon a time. I don't think you are giving enough credit to the possibility of something being outside of your understanding. And that's intimidating to people because people take something being outside of their understanding as a commentary on their intelligence. When it can just as easily be a commentary on their perspective.

I say all that to say that you are assuming that the LGBTQ+ community doesn't find it offensive, per your own words. When it could just as easily be that they do find it offensive and just are not making a big fuss about it for whatever reason. Or that they are making a big fuss about it, but that fuss just isn't in spaces where you and I frequent, so maybe we haven't seen it. Etc, etc, etc.

I'm not intellectually arrogant enough to feel like just because I don't understand why something is or isn't happening, that I have the perspective needed to make any sort of judgement call one way or the other.

You made very valid points, and my take is from my perspective of I not personally seeing any objection. So you may be right that it’s very offensive to them. I maybe ignorant in my belief in placing an understanding on things that I probably don’t have a wide perspective on, but I’m also not too arrogant to not change my perspective given a better one. So I appreciate you going to bat for gay people in this situation. It shows that you are a good person.

Last edited:
I'm just curious Monk...are you just as annoyed with Black men who date out (preference lol) and state they do b/c of all the alleged reasons Black women/girls are inferior to "others"?

#teamnoswirl

Yeah, I haven't heard as many dudes say that as I have heard ladies say it. Anybody that tries to justify dating outside of their race by shitting on their race is lame.

It’s mostly white men and black women

I peeped this too

It's pretty them saying "Ok you want diversity and more interracial representation...cool. We'll just make sure it's a wyte man at the helm wit a black...Latino...asian, etc. woman."

You mostly see them wit a black woman tho.

You definitely seeing more commercials wit LGBTQ3!:(+

He never said they don’t find it offensive but the energy and direction of what they fuss about is not the same as the AIDS accusation belief.

Social media has helped establish more power than ever before and that community has reached a point where their voice can easily be heard…even to the point where our own STREETS in NYC have been changed and their flags are everywhere.

I don’t see how what he said was arrogant at all.

He never said they don’t find it offensive but the energy and direction of what they fuss about is not the same as the AIDS accusation belief.

Social media has helped establish more power than ever before and that community has reached a point where their voice can easily be heard…even to the point where our own STREETS in NYC have been changed and their flags are everywhere.

I don’t see how what he said was arrogant at all.

Understood. Sit this one out, big dawg.

I honestly can’t think of any other agenda behind why we see it so much now beyond the company’s bottom line.

I mean, this doesn't really seem that hard to figure out. Because representation matters and for the longest time, interracial couples were not only underrepresented, their was a dedicated effort to NOT represent them at all. Now the world has shifted its understanding of representation so now you are seeing more and more commercials featuring interracial couples. Some people feel like it's an overcorrection.

The shit doesn't really need a deep dive.

Commercials are to target a certain group and so they do or say things in order to get that group to use their product. So they must have some data that would indicate interracial couples are in those areas where the commercials are released. Although it's very possible the commercial is shown in an area that doesn't have a lot of interracial couples simply because it's in the very wide area that was selected to reach some other place

It's why foreigners make fun of the targeted male commercials that are seen during nfl games

If more people considered the bold then dumb phrases like "fake outrage" would all but cease to exist

Back