Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Why do you think there are so many commercials with interracial couples/families

This is false. Companies don't ORGANICALLY care about diversity. But these days, a lack of diversity, even just in your marketing, can affect the bottom line. So companies definitely do care about diversity.

Yea. But really they care about whatever makes them the most money.

This started off about commercials and y’all twisted this thread into a bunch of other shit

You can date whoever you want in real life

But people respond to the media and establish norms due to how the general public may respond

In commercials they show a lot of LGBT too and if they’re an interracial couple the black man is usually the woman of the relationship, if it’s women the black women are the men of the relationship. There’s something to that.

programming

I seriously never cared about interracial couples on TV growing up, I’m just like “it’s another family eating”. But then as I grew up I realities a lot of things in commercials. Never forget ITS A COMMERCIAL THEY WANT TO SELL SOMETHING USING YOUR EMOTIONS.

black man with white woman (and kids making a family)

White man with white woman (and kids making a family)

black woman single no man (with kids making a family)

Asian man Asian woman (and kids making a family)
Hispanic Man and Hispanic woman (WITH THEIR ENTIRE FAMILY! Kids, aunts, uncles, and grandparents)

Middle Eastern man and Middle Eastern Woman (WITH THEIR ENTIRE FAMILY! Kids, aunts, uncles, and grandparents)

Every race is with their own race or the female dating a white male. There are not many commercials with a black family (THERE ARE SOME) but not a lot, many are black men with white woman and the black woman by herself with kids.

I have been seeing a rise of gays (men) in medicine pill, makeup commercials and dating. Which I’m like WTF and it’s every where.

This is false. Companies don't ORGANICALLY care about diversity. But these days, a lack of diversity, even just in your marketing, can affect the bottom line. So companies definitely do care about diversity.

But do they care to put those people in real positions of power

This started off about commercials and y’all twisted this thread into a bunch of other shit

You can date whoever you want in real life

But people respond to the media and establish norms due to how the general public may respond
I tried to tell them to stop lol

mod gives me the thumbs down though

The question was about why interracial relationships have become so prevalent now. A lot of the conversation has been related to that (e.g., discussions about corporations and their diversity efforts).
Not answering this because I’m not falling into the beginning of the eventual derail

The question was about why interracial relationships have become so prevalent now. A lot of the conversation has been related to that (e.g., discussions about corporations and their diversity efforts).

This is what I saw:

DB2DF174-3A9F-4008-B615-AF41DBE780E4.jpeg

And I responded accordingly….my original comment was taken as if there’s an issue with dating outside your race

I don’t care who you date….but there is an image the media knows the general public will for better or worse receive and respond to…everything changes eventually

This is what I saw:

View attachment 757601

And I responded accordingly….my original comment was taken as if there’s an issue with dating outside your race

I don’t care who you date….but there is an image the media knows the general public will for better or worse receive and respond to…everything changes eventually

Yes, what I'm saying is that the conversation has gone deeper than just talking about commercials because the answer to the question of why companies are doing that with their commercials is deeper. It's not really a derail. Some discussion revolved around who is dating who, but even that came from the standpoint of determining whether there was any real accuracy to how the commercials were depicting interracial couples.

Ahahahahaha. Deadass. They'll legit do EVERYTHING but have two men kissing. Them niggas lay all the breadcrumbs for you. They might as well be like 'In case you need AIDS medicine. Because, well...-you know what we mean, right?'
I take the gay community not getting mad at that is them accepting that AIDS is prevalent in their community

I don't know how true that is nowadays.

There was a time when no one other than black men wanted to date black women for a variety of reasons. However, that has changed. Men of other races are more open to dating black women, and plenty of black women have abandoned that loyalty they claimed they had and are jumping at the chance to date outside of their race.

I don't really care about that to be honest. What I do find annoying is that they can't just admit they are happy to have a wider set of options and want to explore those options now. Instead, they basically try and claim that they have no choice but to date outside their race because black men are insufficient in so many ways.
I'm just curious Monk...are you just as annoyed with Black men who date out (preference lol) and state they do b/c of all the alleged reasons Black women/girls are inferior to "others"?

#teamnoswirl

Back