Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Why do you think there are so many commercials with interracial couples/families

Speak your mind instead of using memes

In regards to commercials you see black men with white or other race of women as often as the other way around?

Oh my bad. I thought you was saying in real life.

But most commercials is still black man and white women when it comes to interracial content

Cheerios commercial had so many racist comments

The idea of a black man being the head of the household of a woman of another race (especially a white woman) attracts a lot of negative attention in the media..

People can theorize all day as to why is such..

In commercials they show a lot of LGBT too and if they’re an interracial couple the black man is usually the woman of the relationship, if it’s women the black women are the men of the relationship. There’s something to that.

I mean, this doesn't really seem that hard to figure out. Because representation matters and for the longest time, interracial couples were not only underrepresented, their was a dedicated effort to NOT represent them at all. Now the world has shifted its understanding of representation so now you are seeing more and more commercials featuring interracial couples. Some people feel like it's an overcorrection.

The shit doesn't really need a deep dive.

C/S. And it's not only interracial couples getting representation. A lot of LGBT and people with disabilities getting that representation.

C/S. And it's not only interracial couples getting representation. A lot of LGBT and people with disabilities getting that representation.

You know if say you wouldn't date a person because they have a severe disability you are called a ableist or something like that.

They been repping since the days of Charles Francis Xavier

Imagine how happy my nigga Chuck would've been to see himself represented in a TV commercial and shit! Nigga would've been sending mental messages to all the producers, thanking them and shit.

Back