Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Cole or Kendrick?

test

Did J.Cole Make The Right Decision?

• Yes

• Yes, but his stock still dropped

• No, he ducked the smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd say the ghostwriting and initial reference leaks in 2016 was him under pressure. Him going at Common was pressure too because of how highly regarded Common is. Nobody expected that Stay Schemin verse from the nigga who said "diss me and you'll never hear a reply for it". Shit one could even argue that going to have one of his biggest hits ever to the point that "In My Feelings" blowing up overshadowed what Pusha did was showing up. So he's showed up before under pressure. He just didn't this time.
Lol, hold up. Be real bruh, you really feel creating the marketing idea of a diss so scathing that it can't be released, as an excuse to duck the smoke he asked for is showing up? In my feelings is jamming, but I feel that speaks to my point. He wasn't never under pressure, he just needed to "keep being Drake" and it all magically fades away.

I was the opposite on Common, I laughed at Canada Dry, but I ain't think none of that had any impact on Drake during that prime superfriends run with YMCMBOVOMMG etc. Even if he never replied with stay schemin, his star power was too much for me to feel he was under any real pressure.

But this has reminded me he replied back to infrared with Duppy freestyle. That deserves some respect. 🫡

I think drake will release new music that people will check for just to see what he on and it will be the same shit he been on and it will receive a Luke warm response.. Then it will be all down hill from there..

Drake lost female fans by throwing shots at Rihanna, Serena, and Megan..

Drake lost some black/urban fans by being culturally disconnected and doubling down with the “Kendrick rap like he tryna free the slaves” line..

Singing and talking in all them lame ass accents..

Kendrick is keeping his foot on drake neck and judging by the snippet in the beginning of the not like us video, he definitely has an album on the way!

I know any unfavorable statements made about drake is considered hate but its over for that shit and I don’t think no record exec, label or music can save him this time!

1. Yall are forgetting that Drake is a global artist
2. Yall are forgetting that the USA isn't the entire world, this isn't the '90s and early '00s

America doesn't speak for the world, and I say that respectfully because while it is the Mecca for black/urban entertainment, it doesn't mean it starts and ends there. Afrobeats, Amapiano, Reggaeton/other Latin genres, and so forth have proven that for the last 6-8 years or so all thanks to the power of streaming and powerful content-creating platforms such as TikTok

And to be honest, I would like to be proven wrong so we'll just have to wait and see *shrugs*

2. Yall are forgetting that the USA isn't the entire world, this isn't the '90s and early '00s

America doesn't speak for the world, and I say that respectfully because while it is the Mecca for black/urban entertainment, it doesn't mean it starts and ends there. Afrobeats, Amapiano, Reggaeton/other Latin genres, and so forth have proven that for the last 6-8 years or so all thanks to the power of streaming and powerful content-creating platforms such as TikTok

And to be honest, I would like to be proven wrong so we'll just have to wait and see *shrugs*
You're not wrong but you're also not factoring in public opinion. He toxic right now. That's why he's doing all these odd features. Dave East had to blur out a shout out the day after he dropped the song. All of those genres you're mentioning might shy away from him too because everyone else is

I actually agree with you, in this moment Drake makes way too much money for other people to really be finished out here. Greed working in his favor, and it will certainly find a way to keep him afloat.

But on the cool, some of them other genres don't like dude like that either.

I ain’t watching a single one but I see they doing crazy numbers

Bruh some of them compilation reactions video be having me rolling. Especially the ones where they just got finished watching "Family Matters" and about to give their assessment (for some about to declare Drake the winner). Then all of the sudden, you see the chat comments on the side just explode wit "KENDRICK JUST DROP!" or "OMG KDOT JUST DROPPED!" And then they immediately go to listening to "Meet the Grahams"...priceless

You're not wrong but you're also not factoring in public opinion. He toxic right now. That's why he's doing all these odd features. Dave East had to blur out a shout out the day after he dropped the song. All of those genres you're mentioning might shy away from him too because everyone else is

WHUUUUUAAAT?!?!

Do you really think a hungry, young, super-talented artist from Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa or UK will turn down a Drake collaboration because Kendrick beat and exposed him in a battle? How much more an artist from North America? You think hungry unsigned talent out of these parts will turn down an opportunity to work with Drake right now?

Oh... WizKid, Davido and them are staying away from this colonizer too huh? LOL

You must be bugging

No offense to no other country but when it comes to this rap/hip hop shit, America set the tone!

drake will still make money from his old shit but moving forward, everything he release from here on out will be dissected and scrutinized..

Nobody's forgetting a thing. He isn't the first global artist and he won't be the last global artist. You think the rest of the world doesn't have eyes? Be it all in our own little pockets, we all share the same internet.

WHUUUUUAAAT?!?!

Do you really think a hungry, young, super-talented artist from Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa or UK will turn down a Drake collaboration because Kendrick beat and exposed him in a battle? How much more an artist from North America? You think hungry unsigned talent out of these parts will turn down an opportunity to work with Drake right now?

Oh... WizKid, Davido and them are staying away from this colonizer too huh? LOL

You must be bugging

It's hilarious that you find Drake's angle to redemption being going back to colonizing the cultures he already bled.

And who knows or cares. We've already seen Burna Boy post Not Like Us references on his socials after the song dropped. Maybe others see him as a come up and others feel some sense of loyalty for his contributions to past records but who stands next to him will not be a deciding factor on where his career spins next. There will always be people willing to mooch and dick ride for a look or a sense of loyalty.

People stood by R. Kelly until the day he ended up convicted and in jail. Jadakiss and Fat Joe stood by Ja Rule even when most already viewed his career as over. Past and future affiliations have no baring on whether he's cooked or not.

Ozempic Face

“The most prominent feature of ‘Ozempic face’ is the loss of facial fat, which gives a hollowed appearance to the face,” explains Dr. Hosseinipour. “This includes a more sunken appearance of the eyes and more prominent jowls, [which is] sagging, loose skin of the jawline.”

Ahem…

For everyone noticing his face.

Back