Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Cole or Kendrick?

test

Did J.Cole Make The Right Decision?

• Yes

• Yes, but his stock still dropped

• No, he ducked the smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aight, maybe I'm missing it and I'm not above being wrong. Enlighten me to some examples of Drake being very tactical and strategic and calculated besides people just saying that. I've heard people say it a long ass time, but nothing comes to mind.

When he approached Meek Mill he dropped a warm up diss to test the waters and then dropped Back to Back. He didnt give Meek enough time to respond. Also his timing was tactical, he did it over OVO fest and also had Will Smith appear and members of the Philadelphia Eagles come on stage. He also sent bottles to Charlamagne to sway perception and create the notion he was "winning" before Meek Mill responded. This prompted Charlamange and others to call out Meek to drop a record and when he did it was trash, had he waited maybe it would have been better.

Dropping mixtapes, collab albums and double albums but promoting them as albums with Cash Money marketing dollars to fulfill his contract obligations sooner. Also very tactical.

Other things like using Quentin Miller as a scapegoat and getting him to say he also wrote for Meek Mill before getting rid of him. Certain collaborations to help create business relationships. Also that he took a multi label deal with Republic, Universal and YMCMB so if YMCMB tried to act funny (which they're notorious for) he has 2 giants to fight on his behalf while appearing cordial, so they cant bully him into bad deals like they did virtually every artist they've ever worked with.

Also releasing Certified Lover Boy independently and using a Kim K snippet to taunt Kanye and get him to push his entire DONDA album as an answer to CLB which enabled it to sell better than it should have.

I know people hate Drake but goddamn he sure isn't a dummy to not even be from here and somehow been able to stay on top of rap as the biggest seller.

I'm mad I wrote all this shit but I am waiting for my plane to arrive.

@Victory_Kid there is no one in hip-hop history in the last 30 years who got it this bad. This is worse than Jarule. I dont think Drake will recover. How does he recover from it?

Ja Rule holds the spot of getting it the worst

And he was a fool to switch up his style to sound all hard because 50 teased him about the singy shit only for 50 to do just that lol

@Victory_Kid there is no one in hip-hop history in the last 30 years who got it this bad. This is worse than Jarule. I dont think Drake will recover. How does he recover from it?
Nah. I don't think nobody will get it worst than Ja outside of these young niggas dissing and catching bodies behind the dissing. If we look back at rap/ hiphop now we can dispute who was on top of the genre at the time. Nelly, Em, Jay, DMX, etc. Ja had a run but what Shady/ Aftermath/ G-Unit did to him was crazy. Ja never recovered. Even after dropping 2 decent albums after. Drake has the leisure of appealing to a culture not even paying attention to the shit with Kendrick.

lol Vid seems like overkill at this point, but it does make me miss the days when videos were still thing. It just adds something to the music game that we haven't really gotten in a while.

The video isn't overkill imo. We just in a music cycle where even hit song have a short shelf life. So when something gets played like the old days it seems excessive.

What is overkill though is the "insert famous person here rapping the song means they hate Drake". As if every celeb or athlete that likes the song has "picked a side".

When you say best battle rapper ever I'm thinking in terms of battling ability. What Kendrick did with this was amazing, but he's not the best battle rapper ever. This only the 1st battle we ever seen him in. I mean in terms of battling rappers I'd put Jay above him as he's done it with far more rappers and always on a high quality level as well.
I’m saying from a holistic perspective. The strategy and moves as an artist, not limited to bars.

The video isn't overkill imo. We just in a music cycle where even hit song have a short shelf life. So when something gets played like the old days it seems excessive.

What is overkill though is the "insert famous person here rapping the song means they hate Drake". As if every celeb or athlete that likes the song has "picked a side".

I'm talking more about from a diss standpoint. Kendrick has basically been declared the universal winner, so he didn't need the video for that. It's basically a fatality. lol

From a music standpoint, I'd agree it's the perfect compliment to the video.

I’m saying from a holistic perspective. The strategy and moves as an artist, not limited to bars.

Even from a holistic pov 1 battle can't have him claim that title. And I'd still say the multiple battles Jay had ranks him higher. He was going at multiple top tier rappers at the sane time and bodying niggas left and right

Ehh I just wouldn't call 1 fuck up proof that his entire 15 year career now means he's not good at being calculated. He's been under pressure before and performed. He didn't this time and it went bad. It happens.

He got lucky and beat a drugged out Meek Mill and has taken Ls ever since.

If he was calculated he wouldn't have beefed with Kendrick at all when he saw the response to Like That.

It was obvious that majority of his peers don't like his ass and Kendrick was waiting for him.

Drake is dumb as shit when it comes to actual rap politics. His whole strategy was just being the hottest, most selling artist and having his Hip Hop peers need him for a boost when they want to drop an album.

He's won by standing outside of rap and making it part of his musical pallatte. He gets credit for being a rapper by default and gets a pass for his lack of grace because he does more than rap.

People mistook his high school diary bars and his subpar singing and genre hopping for calculation and intelligence.

Drake is great at business and his team has made him wealthy just off of music.

But calculated at rap politics? Nah.

I'm talking more about from a diss standpoint. Kendrick has basically been declared the universal winner, so he didn't need the video for that. It's basically a fatality. lol

From a music standpoint, I'd agree it's the perfect compliment to the video.

Man fucc alldat! Drake lucky that nigga KDot ain't film him and family dancing in his LA home. Lol!

Back