Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Cole or Kendrick?

test

Did J.Cole Make The Right Decision?

• Yes

• Yes, but his stock still dropped

• No, he ducked the smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
No offense to no other country but when it comes to this rap/hip hop shit, America set the tone!

drake will still make money from his old shit but moving forward, everything he release from here on out will be dissected and scrutinized..

Nobody was limiting it to just rap tho bro, that is what folks like yourself are getting all the way fucked up with my overall point

Drake worked himself to be more than just a "rapper", call it what you want, but it is what it is. He can and will still rap, and he just needs a good amount of the markets in America to still be in conversation not all of it. He will still do RnB, he will still dabble with other sounds and accents across the pond. My point is, if the music is good and resonates with people, coupled in with the powerful machine, he'll be just fine and most likely maintain his dominance

Let's not pretend like us black folks are in unison when it comes to standing up for what is wrong and what is right and staying there. We still love, spend and wear these european so-called luxury brands after they disrespected us time and time again

Yall think Drake being disconnected and his misuse of words regarding slavery was enough for a good portion of Black America to stop fucking with his music?

Let the predator allegation make way and form some legs, then ya'll have a point, until then, he'll be fine in due time

Last edited:
1. Yall are forgetting that Drake is a global artist
2. Yall are forgetting that the USA isn't the entire world, this isn't the '90s and early '00s

America doesn't speak for the world, and I say that respectfully because while it is the Mecca for black/urban entertainment, it doesn't mean it starts and ends there. Afrobeats, Amapiano, Reggaeton/other Latin genres, and so forth have proven that for the last 6-8 years or so all thanks to the power of streaming and powerful content-creating platforms such as TikTok

And to be honest, I would like to be proven wrong so we'll just have to wait and see *shrugs*

I remember folks had no idea who Bad Bunny was and thought he was a new artist. Or thought he wasn't as "big" as a mainstream artist in the U.S. Come to find out the U.S. music fans was late to the party. Bruh is a HUGE global artist who been selling out stadiums/arenas.

But b/c people in this country haven't really known about him...therefore he's not famous.

how you go from this...

I’m saying u shoot the vid to promote single
And ultimately the album

The Single already went number 1 and is global

What’s the point of the vid lol

I see reading comprehension is not a thing in Florida

Videos are traditionally marketing tools to promote singles

There s obviously need to promote this single

Hence why I asked if he doing too much at this point

The song dropped a month ago already been number 1

There s no doubt he won the battle then had a party after the war

There s no point to dropping a vid now a month after the song went number 1

...to this?

I for one have never seen no Houdini video

But I have watched not like us like 10 times already

:hahaha:

Nobody's forgetting a thing. He isn't the first global artist and he won't be the last global artist. You think the rest of the world doesn't have eyes? Be it all in our own little pockets, we all share the same internet.

It's hilarious that you find Drake's angle to redemption being going back to colonizing the cultures he already bled.

And who knows or cares. We've already seen Burna Boy post Not Like Us references on his socials after the song dropped. Maybe others see him as a come up and others feel some sense of loyalty for his contributions to past records but who stands next to him will not be a deciding factor on where his career spins next. There will always be people willing to mooch and dick ride for a look or a sense of loyalty.

People stood by R. Kelly until the day he ended up convicted and in jail. Jadakiss and Fat Joe stood by Ja Rule even when most already viewed his career as over. Past and future affiliations have no baring on whether he's cooked or not.

giphy.gif

Wait, what? Lol

OMG lmaooooo

Exactly lol. What you're saying Drake should/will do is Kendricks main point about Drake lol

That's been Drake's brand for the past how many years now? At least 8, right or wrong? The nigga should stop because Kendrick says so? You acting like you didn't try to whine up on a ting when Controlla came on at a house party or club. If you didn't, you don't like dancing with girls lol

If you were Drake, would you stop? Be honest

That's been Drake's brand for the past how many years now? At least 8, right or wrong? The nigga should stop because Kendrick says so? You acting like you didn't try to whine up on a ting when Controlla came on at a house party or club. If you didn't, you don't like dancing with girls lol

I mean, he can test the waters to see if people still fuck with it. But if it isn't well received what's he to do?

Controlla was a slap. Controlla is probably the reason why Afrobeats is my favorite genre to listen to as I continue to age but we can't act like there were no critique's of him for it even back then. Kendrick didn't create the Drake accent memes. People have longed called it out.. Kendrick just threw the colonization label on it to drive it home.

None of these critiques of Drake are exclusive to one another.

He hops on something else right now that isn't a sound of his own then it:

1.) Drives home the colonizer label, which...
2.) Begs the question why does so much of his shit sound like other peoples shit, which...
3.) Makes one wonder is it because the creative well has long been dry, which...
4.) Causes one to assume that maybe that's why there are so many reference tracks and ghostwriting rumors, which...
5.) Leads one to question if that would possibly be considered cultural appropriation, which...
6.) Makes you realize that they not like us and now we're playing the song all over again.

1337937-9db4598a2b37de4a811fa216efdb306a.data

Back