Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Cole or Kendrick?

test

Did J.Cole Make The Right Decision?

• Yes

• Yes, but his stock still dropped

• No, he ducked the smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
All Drake gotta do is drop 3 to 5 loosies (probably packaged as an EP) with 2 of them being super commercialized and one catered to the streets/uber scene and it's a wrap.

Cole will be respected in the hip-hop space, Kendrick will do his thing, but Drake will dominate the charts, parties, etc. You won't be able to escape him.

While Drake cares about being respected as a lyricist/emcee amongst his peers and shit, his main focus is dominating in many if not all areas. Perception is everything. The 'rap throne' isn't the end-all, be-all.

Nah it's too late. He should have responsed to Not Like Us with a hit record. That would have stopped the momentum. At this point nothing else can be said. And I agree with you about perception and Kendrick is a master at controlling perspective but on wax, Drake got beaten. Nothing more nothing less.

Cool, if you dont want to call it a lie then let's call it marketing. A marketing angle to add to the mystique of Drake and to dissuade others from engaging with him. Because when pressure really showed up, buddy could not even gather cohesive thoughts.

Hell, the Heart pt 6 on its own merit is enough evidence to come to a logical conclusion that critical thinking is not one of Drake's strong points.
Man if he didn't try to "psychoanalyze" Kendrick he would have still been in the running. He didn't think it through or approach Kendrick properly which surprised me because usually he is very tactical and strategic but this is a mess. Kendrick beat him bad.

Whitney in the video was the cherry on top that sealed it for me. That and Dave Free and KDot dappin up lookin like they had good laugh, and being in the credits as director.

Cosign.

The only thing I think Drake had left was Kendrick beating his wife because that would have destroyed Kendrick's career at this point but her being in the video makes it tough to validate or take seriously now if it ever comes up again.

Cool, if you dont want to call it a lie then let's call it marketing. A marketing angle to add to the mystique of Drake and to dissuade others from engaging with him. Because when pressure really showed up, buddy could not even gather cohesive thoughts.

Hell, the Heart pt 6 on its own merit is enough evidence to come to a logical conclusion that critical thinking is not one of Drake's strong points.

Ehh I just wouldn't call 1 fuck up proof that his entire 15 year career now means he's not good at being calculated. He's been under pressure before and performed. He didn't this time and it went bad. It happens.

OK, time out

For those speaking on Drake being Ja Rule'd:

Yall do know this man's market share in the music business is not a joke ting right?

The powers that be WILL NOT allow this man to lose. He may be the laughing stock right now, yes, but let's stop acting like this is the end for him

I'm just saying
Saving Grace for Drake, there isn’t a lot of male superstars that can replace him in this current era of Hiphop/Rap/R&B/Pop that can sell records and do sellout tours . Drake is still the most streamed rapper on Spotify in June 2024 .

OK, time out

For those speaking on Drake being Ja Rule'd:

Yall do know this man's market share in the music business is not a joke ting right?

The powers that be WILL NOT allow this man to lose. He may be the laughing stock right now, yes, but let's stop acting like this is the end for him

I'm just saying

Did you sleep through the entirety of the beef? Did you not peep how everyone was moving?

Half the the biggest names in the industry hopped on a diss album with Future and Metro. Dr. Dre performed with Kendrick at the concert. Taylor Swift's main producer took a co-credit on one of Kendrick's diss tracks that didn't even make it to streaming. Executives sending out subliminal tweets.

It seems that most the powers that be are over this nigga too. Most of those things aren't even allowed to happen if it weren't true.

Ehh I just wouldn't call 1 fuck up proof that his entire 15 year career now means he's not good at being calculated. He's been under pressure before and performed. He didn't this time and it went bad. It happens.
I guess it's a difference of perception, I don't think he has been under pressure before. I always looked at Drake battling from the top throughout his career once he really got on. Even when he couldn't perform (Pusha T/Joe Budden) his star power still carried him on the top. Meek fumbled the ghostwriter situation so bad, they changed the rules of the craft to help Drake out. Until this, I don't think he has faced any adversity he couldn't get out of simply by being Drake 🤷🏾‍♂️

Man if he didn't try to "psychoanalyze" Kendrick he would have still been in the running. He didn't think it through or approach Kendrick properly which surprised me because usually he is very tactical and strategic but this is a mess. Kendrick beat him bad.
Aight, maybe I'm missing it and I'm not above being wrong. Enlighten me to some examples of Drake being very tactical and strategic and calculated besides people just saying that. I've heard people say it a long ass time, but nothing comes to mind.

I guess it's a difference of perception, I don't think he has been under pressure before. I always looked at Drake battling from the top throughout his career once he really got on. Even when he couldn't perform (Pusha T/Joe Budden) his star power still carried him on the top. Meek fumbled the ghostwriter situation so bad, they changed the rules of the craft to help Drake out. Until this, I don't think he has faced any adversity he couldn't get out of simply by being Drake 🤷🏾‍♂️

I'd say the ghostwriting and initial reference leaks in 2016 was him under pressure. Him going at Common was pressure too because of how highly regarded Common is. Nobody expected that Stay Schemin verse from the nigga who said "diss me and you'll never hear a reply for it". Shit one could even argue that going to have one of his biggest hits ever to the point that "In My Feelings" blowing up overshadowed what Pusha did was showing up. So he's showed up before under pressure. He just didn't this time.

@illed_Out

type with your chest and explain why you gave me a cap reaction, b
I think drake will release new music that people will check for just to see what he on and it will be the same shit he been on and it will receive a Luke warm response.. Then it will be all down hill from there..

Drake lost female fans by throwing shots at Rihanna, Serena, and Megan..

Drake lost some black/urban fans by being culturally disconnected and doubling down with the “Kendrick rap like he tryna free the slaves” line..

Singing and talking in all them lame ass accents..

Kendrick is keeping his foot on drake neck and judging by the snippet in the beginning of the not like us video, he definitely has an album on the way!

I know any unfavorable statements made about drake is considered hate but its over for that shit and I don’t think no record exec, label or music can save him this time!

Back