Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who Ran Hip Hop In 1998

Who Ran Hip Hop In 1998

• Total voters
If we're being completely objective, L.Hill ran 1998. The numbers shit on everybody elses and the quality of music is as high as everybody else.

If we're being completely objective, L.Hill ran 1998. The numbers shit on everybody elses and the quality of music is as high as everybody else.
you think Lisa Leslie or Sheryl Swoops better than Jordan?

Yeah we knew who Master P and No Limit were but aside from a few songs No Limit wasn't getting any play in Boston or New York.

Me and my roommates used to watch the movie I'm Bout It and we liked Master P because of his hustle, but in all honesty we didn't listen to his music outside of what was being played on the radio.

Having said that, in 1998, Will Smith starred in Enemy Of The State which grossed $250 Million at the box office.

With a 9x platinum album and a blockbuster movie, I think the answer to the O/P is the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air.

So far

DMX
Jay Z
Lauryn Hill
Master P

Has the most mentions
A couple sessions ago, most people gave the year to Bad Boy Records as a whole because of the albums dropped by BIG, Puff, and Mase.

I think that it’s only fair that No Limit receives the same distinction, instead of it just being Master P.

A couple sessions ago, most people gave the year to Bad Boy Records as a whole because of the albums dropped by BIG, Puff, and Mase.

I think that it’s only fair that No Limit receives the same distinction, instead of it just being Master P.

They were dropping diamond albums lol big difference. They literally had the #1 spot on the charts from the beginning of the year to the end of the year. Completely different level fam.

They were dropping diamond albums lol big difference. They literally had the #1 spot on the charts from the beginning of the year to the end of the year. Completely different level fam.
Collectively, all 40 of those No Limit albums probably outsold Bad Boy ....Lol

Seriously though, like someone pointed out, No Limit basically put Destiny Child on. They also opened the door for New Orleans, which allowed Cash Money to be put on.

Collectively, all 40 of those No Limit albums probably outsold Bad Boy ....Lol

Seriously though, like someone pointed out, No Limit basically put Destiny Child on. They also opened the door for New Orleans, which allowed Cash Money to be put on.

You're my nigga, but you're smokin crack rock lol

You having 5 bitches who are 2s =/= me having a dime piece

But Mase, Puff and Big were superstars. Who besides Master P was a superstar for NL? And sold like those aforementioned 3?

Yeah did any of those No Limit albums go multiplat?

I give Master P props for his hustle and Ghetto D is a good listen but he wasn't moving units like Jay Z, Lauryn Hill, DMX or, well, Will Smith.

Back